Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.

Daily Quests and World Quests can fit together to make a better system.

It is my opinion that DQs and WQs, that when used properly in combination, can make a much more satisfying endgame questing experience then simply one or the other. As someone who hit 3 different exalted reps today (for 16, 17, and 18th exalteds for those counting), I firmly believe that both used in conjunction would make a more diverse system that would let the player choose their pace and their content.

Don't like quest hubs? Do WQs.

Don't like WQs or just enjoy quest hubs more? Do DQs.

Really want to get that rep/item/whatever faster? Do both.

WQs seem to me to be like icing on the cake, but are really lacking since there is no cake to spread them onto. DQs the reverse. It's like strawberry shortcake with just the buns.

Get both together, and you might actually have a decent endgame questing system.

10+ Year Old Account
    I predict that Shadowlands will use Mechagon as the blueprint for dailies. Quest hubs tied to factions plus one or two big world quests that you can complete while doing the regular dailies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    I predict that Shadowlands will use Mechagon as the blueprint for dailies. Quest hubs tied to factions plus one or two big world quests that you can complete while doing the regular dailies.
    Honestly, I love that method. I hated timeless isle, but I loved Thunder island whatever it was called.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, I love that method. I hated timeless isle, but I loved Thunder island whatever it was called.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Makes sense. I imagine Mechagon Engineering will also be the blueprint for the Legendary crafting.

im not sure.

i mean ofc mechagon was fun ..... for first 3 days ... but now its completly dead zone -_-

yes people are going there because otherwise they wont get their mechanognomes but its not because they have fun there but because they have no choice.

Mechagon is a bad data set though. Lack of real rewards or reasons to do content. If flight wasn't buried behind rep many wouldn't have done much there. You also have the nonsense system of the rewards for some being the materials to do others.
    Last edited by Alvito; 2019-11-16 at 12:51 AM.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    im not sure.

i mean ofc mechagon was fun ..... for first 3 days ... but now its completly dead zone -_-

yes people are going there because otherwise they wont get their mechanognomes but its not because they have fun there but because they have no choice.
    There is no casual/easy repeatable content that remains fun after weeks/months. The only way content stays fresh is when it challenges you, and you can progress, but thats not what Dailies or WQs are meant to do. Its really something impossible to design, because easy means boring, at least in the long run. You can try to entertain in the short term with fancy tasks and tools, like the Mechagon guns, random events, and whatnot, but once you have done everything a couple times...

The best they can do is make it fun for a while, with enough diversity to keep it fresh until the majority of people have the major rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    im not sure.

As soon as I unlocked flight I stopped going. If I wasn't going there to do the dungeon I might have never returned. The place is loaded with nonsense rewards and beyond flight there isn't much value there for time spent. At most going to quickly do whatever the zone WQ is about the only reason to return.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    As soon as I unlocked flight I stopped going. If I wasn't going there to do the dungeon I might have never returned. The place is loaded with nonsense rewards and beyond flight there isn't much value there for time spent. At most going to quickly do whatever the zone WQ is about the only reason to return.
    Not every reward in the game has to be about giving your knight in shining armor 10 more damage when he hits something with a sword.

It's perfectly fine to have cosmetic and other rewards used for other purposes. It's too bad you never returned to Mechagon after getting flying, but there's plenty of people who kept visiting until they got everything, and some are still going for those rewards.

It's fine not to have a "reason" to do something (in the form of making your damage higher). It's fine to have other reasons. If you don't like it, that's fine, but not everyone enjoys the same aspects of the game as you do, shocking I know.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingForBlizzcon View Post

Add another option of just looting the reward in a mailbox, add 5-20 minutes of channel time to loot the reward so Blizzard can still get the participation/playtime metric.

Option is everything, if you actually like doing WQs, then do them.

I'm still having a hard time understanding why people don't realize WQ's 'are' dailies. I guess some masochists want to go back to cluttering up a quest log to run around the world though.

Fun fact - Daily Quests are a subset of World quests - here is what you do:

1. First go to the Emissary and have a chat (simulate picking up dailies) - talk to a number of other NPCs to for increased realism.
    2. Go out and do 4, 7 or 12 World quests (any number) - doing 4 on the right day is optimal
    3. Head back to the above NPCs and pretend to hand the WQs in.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Fun fact - Daily Quests are a subset of World quests - here is what you do:

1. First go to the Emissary and have a chat (simulate picking up dailies) - talk to a number of other NPCs to for increased realism.
    2. Go out and do 4, 7 or 12 World quests (any number) - doing 4 on the right day is optimal
    3. Head back to the above NPCs and pretend to hand the WQs in.
    why though.

I feel you could control progress a tad better with dailies, but I also enjoy WQs.

Also, dailies aren't exactly WQs. different timers entirely.

It is my opinion that DQs and WQs, that when used properly in combination, can make a much more satisfying endgame questing experience then simply one or the other. As someone who hit 3 different exalted reps today (for 16, 17, and 18th exalteds for those counting), I firmly believe that both used in conjunction would make a more diverse system that would let the player choose their pace and their content.

WQs seem to me to be like icing on the cake, but are really lacking since there is no cake to spread them onto. DQs the reverse. It's like strawberry shortcake with just the buns.

Get both together, and you might actually have a decent endgame questing system.
    1. They did that in Nazjatar and Mechagon. Nazjatar has many WQs, and a few daily quests. Mechagon has one WQ and the rest is daily quests.
    2. WQs feel objectively superior to me in every regard, because I see them on the map, I don't need to pick them up and I don't need to turn them in. They even convey a story, when you listen to the voiceover. That might not be the best storytelling, but daily quests have never done that well either. I simply can't see anything that daily quests do, that world quests don't do better.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    1. They did that in Nazjatar and Mechagon. Nazjatar has many WQs, and a few daily quests. Mechagon has one WQ and the rest is daily quests.
    2. WQs feel objectively superior to me in every regard, because I see them on the map, I don't need to pick them up and I don't need to turn them in. They even convey a story, when you listen to the voiceover. That might not be the best storytelling, but daily quests have never done that well either. I simply can't see anything that daily quests do, that world quests don't do better.
    I honestly think, with what Blizzard has now, they could interweave WQs with dailies and get both to tell amazing story.

Do WQs tell the same story over and over when doing the same WQ? Yes.
    Would DQs do the same? Most likely.

regardless, combining that "I'm an adventurer trying to be helpful" of DQs with the "CHAMPION WE NEED THIS FAVOR!" of WQs could be used extensively. I've seen arguments against dailies, and arguments against WQs that make sense, but fall apart when the two are used together.

Dont we already have them in Darkshore and Nazartar ..

I honestly think, with what Blizzard has now, they could interweave WQs with dailies and get both to tell amazing story.

Do WQs tell the same story over and over when doing the same WQ? Yes.
    Would DQs do the same? Most likely.

regardless, combining that "I'm an adventurer trying to be helpful" of DQs with the "CHAMPION WE NEED THIS FAVOR!" of WQs could be used extensively. I've seen arguments against dailies, and arguments against WQs that make sense, but fall apart when the two are used together.
    Like I said in the post you quoted, they already did that with Nazjatar and Mechagon, and DQs just feel inferior on every level. The only difference between DQs and WQs is that with WQs they are confined to a certain area, while DQs might be zonewide, like "kill 25 crabs". But that doesn't make much of a difference. And WQs generally tend to be the more fun ones.

Also, dailies aren't exactly WQs. different timers entirely.
    Dailies are a SUBSET of World Quests - that is World Quests offer all functionality of Dailies and then some more.

If you like dailies, then there is no rational reason you would not like World Quests.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosgoth View Post
    Like I said in the post you quoted, they already did that with Nazjatar and Mechagon, and DQs just feel inferior on every level. The only difference between DQs and WQs is that with WQs they are confined to a certain area, while DQs might be zonewide, like "kill 25 crabs". But that doesn't make much of a difference. And WQs generally tend to be the more fun ones.
    So I get to pick where I want to kill crabs?
    Sounds awesome!

So I get to pick where I want to kill crabs?
    Sounds awesome!
    Yeah, never had more fun.