Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    *blinks*
    Yeah.......... the problem with Trump, PrimaryColor, isn't that he's just being called those things.............

lol.
    I mean, right? He's being called corrupt, and a hypocrite because he's corrupt and a hypocrite. Especially around things like pardons, commutations of sentences, and illegal immigration. Remember, he commuted the sentence of an executive who was in prison because he was using illegal immigrant child labor at his meatpacking plant.

The commutation.

Why he was only convicted of bank fraud when he was also originally charged with gross violations of immigration laws.

So lets not pretend trump doesn't use his presidential powers for ill, or that he actually gives a shit about illegal immigration.

Edit: Sorry, gross violations of immigration AND child labor laws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Guys, Trump was just surrounded by corruption but he knew nothing of it! Honest!

/s

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    LOL. What the left is willing to cling to.....
    Facts, crimes, convictions, and the clear knowledge that our Resident is criminal. This is evidence of Trump's crimes. If you're confused by what Stone's conviction means, just ask and we'll help. It can be difficult keeping track of all of Trump's crimes.

Do you or do you not understand that what he did is a crime according to the US laws and that he got punished for breaking said laws?
    Also, Congress includes the right too. Or have you forgotten about it?

Conservatives : Obama's birthplace, pizza gate, Hillary corruption, deep state, general conspiracy theories

Also conservatives: How dare you cling to things with actual evidence!

Go and fuck yourself Sharknasty, You are a hypocrite of the highest degree.

He deserves to rot in jail, but whatever time he spends there sure as hell won't make up for all the damage he's done over the decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I thought it was like 54 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Guys, Trump was just surrounded by corruption but he knew nothing of it! Honest!

/s
    No, no, it's...(puts on Red Hat of Pathetic Excuses)...Trump is like the eye of a hurricane. Despite being surrounded by a raging whirlwind of corruption, he is calm and clear, and obviously did nothing wrong.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I thought it was like 54 years?
    A bunch of articles said 20 years, which is apparently just for the witness tampering.

I would have to be a conservative and also believe the nonsense you spouted in order for your hypocrisy statement to hold any water.

Nice try though.
    Of course, you’re “woke” right? Lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it when someone that rips the idiocracy of the left must be a Trumpkin or a "woke" independent. Your hive mind is adorable.
    So are you contending that this guy that was integral to the trump administration didn’t commit this crime? Or rather, these crimes?

Because a court of law says otherwise.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I love it when someone that rips the idiocracy of the left must be a Trumpkin or a "woke" independent. Your hive mind is adorable.
    It's very, very, very far from just "the left" that is aligned against Trump. It's the majority of independents and self-described centrists, and a healthy number of legitimate conservatives (not fauxservatives who are just anti-liberal reactionaries like yourself).

Let me ask you Shanknasty... what is your exit strategy? How do you think this ends? Trump could go down in impeachment. He could go down in 2020's election. He could last until the end of his second term. It's largely irrelevant. Why?

Because this never ends. They just got Roger Stone. They are going for Guliani. Trump himself is an unindicted co-conspirator who will almost certainly be charged the moment he is out of office. There are many others with investigations pending.

So how does this end well for you? Because Democrat will be elected in 2020... or 20204. Or maybe 2028. Again, it doesn't matter. A Democrat will be elected, and at the top of their pile for the Department of Justice will be to bring criminal cases against wrongdoing committed by figures you like.

So where is your happy ending? Because 3 years later, it's hard to see your entire approach as anything other than an abject failure. Trump's been entirely ineffective as a President. Democrats are in a stronger position than they've been in 10 years, a Republican President is about to be impeached, and there is severe legal peril in the future for everyone involved.

Our side, far from being dejected, is as motivated and optimistic as ever. It's legitimately confusing what you're looking to accomplish anymore.

And yet i sadly expect that nothing happens before the presidential race. Even if Stone goes to trial it will take years to lead anywhere, he has money, lawyers and friends who don't want him in jail. And i do not expect him to turn on Trump, so not that much more ammo against him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Roger Stone was born guilty.

But you have to give Trump some credit for his ongoing effort to drain the swamp. An ever growing number of his swamp dwelling friends are now behind bars. Who knows, maybe their swamp king will be joining them soon.

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    Even if Stone goes to trial it will take years to lead anywhere, he has money, lawyers and friends who don't want him in jail.
    What are you talking about? He's already gone to trial. He was found guilty on all 7 counts. All that's left is sentencing.

Oh so you vote for the democratic party? You excluded the other two options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Of course not. He votes for the American Freedom Party.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Green party?

]

So you think there are only 2 other options?

That explains a lot.
    So you're just wasting your vote on independents? Who did you vote for in 2016?
    Last edited by Crispin; 2019-11-18 at 08:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're just wasting your vote on independents? Who did you vote for in 2016?
    Shhhhh!

Don't tell him that voting for a 3rd party in USA ultimately only hurts your own interests.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?