Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Yea, I give Classic about six months more until people realise how fucking boring and defective that game is.
    Wouldn't that mean they had 6 months worth of enjoyable gametime, though? Which would kind of suggest that it was not a boring and defective game? Those who indeed do "realize" it is boring after 6 months can go back to Retail or some other game/hobby and continue having enjoyable time. And those who apparently did not "realize" it, can continue enjoying Classic for years to come. Seems like a win-win for everyone to me. ^^

Edit: JFYI, I love both Retail and Classic but if I have to choose which one to spend my time on (and I kinda have to due to limited time), I would have to go with BFA (and any further expansion). Though I love the idea that if I ever have downtime in BFA/Shadowlands/++ I can just enjoy some time in Classic as well until a new content update. Seems like the perfect balance to me, I just cannot comprehend why both sides (Classic vs Retail) are so bitter at each other when happiness is right there in the balance between both.
    Last edited by Shinrael; 2019-11-21 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hans07 View Post
    Let me give u a source, so u can see how retail is labeled, SO U CANT USE THE REALM ARGUMENT EVER AGAIN.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...l-system/76968

"How it worked before this hotfix

As we explained here, the system previously calculated the population labels by comparing all realms to the most-populated realm. This could result in a very crowded realm (with a lengthy queue) showing up as “Medium”, since it was being compared to the realm that had the highest population and a potentially massive queue."

Blue-post.

This means in retail (as they changed this in classic), only shows based on most crowded server, so if most popular server have 5k players (which prolly is cap on retail), then a 3k player realm would be listed as full/high on retail.
    Jesus christ

This post is about how Blizzard changed the way they calculate the population labels for Classic, at absolutely no point they are talking about how they calculate that for Retail. You're reaching so much it's embarrassing.

15+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people here will defend Blizzard no matter what they do, they desperately cling to retail. Blizzard could remove all classes bar 1 tomorrow, with 1 spell and people would still 'love it'. This sentiment has been here for ages, but on every forum/reddit you get people defending/critizing every standpoint, but as usual people with the same oppinion will flock to 1 specific forum, it's the modern way of 'conversing' on the internet; only with likeminded people and push others out.

That's not to say a lot of people here genuinely love the game though, there just seem to be a relatively high number of bootlickers here. Saying classic > BFA for everyone would be silly, but you sometimes see people defending parts of BFA here, without any good argument, meaning they simply try to twist it just to 'love' blizzard or retail, that's the group I'm talking about here, not people for which BFA is simply a superior product. (While I detest mythic+ and timed content in general, and think raid difficulty with WA's etc has gone too far, I can see other tryhards that very much love that style of game).

At the end of the day why would a "bfa lover" go on reddit and get into pointless argument over clasic blabla bfa shit blabla, obviously they'd end up in 1 place. (Although on the general wow reddit you cannot critique bfa whatsoever, it's way worse than mmo-champ which is actually pretty decent in this regard).

Go to classic discussion on mmo-champion and see that most people doesn't even play classic they just hate on it because it seems to have more players than bfa.
    It's obvious you haven't been here long enough if you actually believe this isn't happening more on the retail side than Classic.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

MMOC isn't "pro retail", it's just the bastion of the most disgusting and vile classic haters

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Pretty much. This goes back to even pre classic launch. This was the only pro bfa forum and anti classic forum then too, and the anti classic crowd is REALLY anti classic here for some strange reason

It is puzzling to see but this does feel like the last bastion of bfa players posting spot

My server, Herod, has a higher population than any retail server by a factor of several times. Blizz themselves said wow classic tripled their subs over retail

But yea, it’s so dead.... lol. The delusion is strong in you. I bet you were saying classic was a mistake and people would be done in a month, right? We’re almost at Christmas and all the realms are full with queues
    The largest classic server has just over 100,006 players (Pagle), back in September before even more people quit classic.
    https://classic.wowhead.com/news=295...ough-community

The smallest retail server has 102,915 players (Twisting Nether - RP)
    https://realmpop.com/us.html

Also, all your claims about subscribers tripling are false, and not sourced from Blizzard. A third party company called "Super Data" claimed that WoW related revenues in the west only were up 223% month over month. Which has a lot more to do with the "6-month prepay and get a mount" thing than anything else, assuming their numbers are remotely accurate.
    Last edited by bullseyed; 2019-11-21 at 03:21 PM.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Understarmor View Post
    you mean IS MMO Champion....not ARE MMO champion....my god why is basic english so hard?
    Believe it or not, English isn't everyone's first language. I know that's really difficult to understand, but please try.

Queue on classic servers each night to login, but on retail every zone is a ghost town.

Retail fanbois cant deal with the fact that retail is hot garbage.

Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean it seems like every site other than mmo-champion is praising classic, and saying its the best game, however at mmo-champion its the complete opposite.
    Why is that?

Is mmo-champion the only place on the internet where there's people who actually favor bfa over classic or?

Go to classic discussion on mmo-champion and see that most people doesn't even play classic they just hate on it because it seems to have more players than bfa.

Does they hate on it because bfa have more empty servers than ever, or what seems to be the problem? I dont get it
    If you are so unhappy with your imagination of MMOC's position why are you still here?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    ????

Blizz never said classic had 3x the amount of people subbed than retail
    Blizzard doesn't release subscriber numbers and has not for quite some time. His post is fake.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    The largest classic server has just over 100,006 players (Pagle), back in September before even more people quit classic.
    https://classic.wowhead.com/news=295...ough-community

The smallest retail server has 102,915 players (Twisting Nether - RP)
    https://realmpop.com/us.html
    You’re referring to all characters registered on the realms from 0 to max level.

At max level Pagle has almost 8000 characters. Twisting Nether has about 10 000 at max level.

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    Believe it or not, English isn't everyone's first language. I know that's really difficult to understand, but please try.
    I mean, people from the US stick to the .coms of the world. Odd that europeans refuse to stick to their domains.

Someone should register http://mmo-champion.eu/.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    You’re referring to all characters registered on the realms from 0 to max level.

At max level Pagle has almost 8000 characters. Twisting Nether has about 10 000 at max level.
    So your claim is people don't have to pay their sub until they reach max level?

Keep in mind 2/3rds of characters on classic were created for "name reservations" before classic launched.

I love all the people talking about “ Classic haters” even though these demographic barely existed prior to Classic being discussed to be an actual possibility, even though the Classic fanbase has complained and shit on Retail and devs since late WotLK. The same people who also complained about Retail having timegating and not having everything available at launch who also praised Classic for having phases (timegating).
    I don’t really care which one does better, I play Retail and I won’t play Classic as it doesn’t appeal to me. As long as people get the version they want and enjoy then why spend time hating on the other. I would just like the hypocrisy to end.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    In the evenings, queue is still 2-4 hours long on weekdays. It is crazy.

I haven’t seen wow like this since wotlk
    Due to no sharding, a classic server is "full" with less than 10% of the population of a retail server.

"There are queues on classic" is an entirely meaningless statement.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    I mean, people from the US stick to the .coms of the world. Odd that europeans refuse to stick to their domains.

Someone should register http://mmo-champion.eu/.
    uhm.. .com is generic
    it's not a country specific domain such as .us, .uk, .de or .eu

Compared to all other fan-sites yes it is.

- - - Updated - - -

People play classic for PvP lol not pve, thats why all pvp players left bfa
    The only people still playing vanilla for the pvp are rogues, and horde idiots who think their otherwise useless shaman is going to get Sulfuras and delete people as 2H enhance
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    MMOC isn't "pro retail", it's just the bastion of the most disgusting and vile classic haters
    Yeah, but these people fall back on retail, though maybe they don't even like retail, since retail is kind of universally disliked nowadays. They just don't like Classic, and need to vent somewhere, so they come here, and they play retail but they're not too happy with it either. Pretty much these are the people who hate retail, but take out their frustrations out on Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This seems like it's fallen into "Game vs. Game" territory, as it didn't begin very well to begin with. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead