Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawlyer View Post
    Two retail slave comments within 3 minutes of this thread posting in the Classic Forums. What exactly are you hoping to accomplish? My god, it just comes off as incredibly petty and sad.
    Not hoping to accomplish anything you didn't just prove with your own comments sport. You're pretty cute though, thinking I simply must be a "retail slave" because I told someone to expect flak for complaining about classic being classic. It must be so cozy inside your head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nozuka View Post
    Glad i didn't listen to these "smart people". It is exactly what i remembered and i'm enjoying it as much as i did back then.
    No need to put quotation marks. It's a smart thing to list the flaws in a product. No one said YOU won't like it. Good for you if you enjoy it, at least you didn't go in there with the wrong perspective. Smart people warned others of what Vanilla was, a lot of these smart people play and enjoy classic as well, I never said "retail players are smarter cuz they talk shit about classic".

You aren't supposed to respec. You're supposed to have your one character as is. The respec is there in case you make a mistake and need to correct it. If you want to experiment I highly recommend levelling multiple toons of the same class.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNicestFellow View Post
    Respeccing to try different off-meta specs is one of the most fun parts of classic WoW since you have so much spec flexibility. Being forced to pick one spec and stick with it 100% of the time just makes the game even more monotonous than it already is. It's like the vanilla WoW devs focused on making the game as boring, punishing, and monotonous as possible.

Honestly, leveling, dungeons, raiding, and grinding in general is all terrible. "Gaming" the auction house and trying new specs is the most fun part of the game. "Fair" PvP is also fun.
    broooo. Levelling, dungeons, raiding are super fun. Some people focused on reaching level 60 asap before the game was even released giving themselves no chance of appreciating the leveling experience. "Hey levelling suck, it's boring to rush to 60 by spamming Scarlet Monastery 100times per day".

Welcome to my world mate. Had a respec cost total of 20392g in WOTLK on respecs on my druid before they removed the whole ordeal completely and just let you swap whenever.
    Fun times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No it's not.
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Yeah, but after a finite amount of theorycrafting, you will have it solved and thus you won't need to respec much anymore cause you know what you want to be. Back in the day, they put up a PTR every time before a major patch went live, and there they gave you a lot of gold if you made a new toon. People would go to PTR realms to test-drive their specs. Now, of course, vanilla is already fully developed so there's no need for PTR realms like back in the day. Honestly, had a lot of fun on them, as they gave you like amazing epic gear too.

The only drawback for me was being handed a max level toon without ever having leveled it, means I didn't know how to play it (if it was a new class). Was kind of new to WoW/MMORPGs at the time. Nowadays, if I'm handed a max level toon, I could probably wrap my head around it and figure it out in a few hours, but back then I was less knowledgeable and experienced about MMORPGs, so yeah

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    I'd be down with dual spec added. Was never part of the #nochanges crowd. I want to be able to tank and dps and just because I can tank as dps doesn't mean I want to. I also don't want to farm gold as a warrior so yeah lower the cost bigly or add dual spec
    See these folks are fine. He never cared about a "pristine" experience and still doesn't. He's also not whining; just stating his opinion and then stating what he'd like as a solution. No flak for this guy. Still (probably) won't get what he wants, but no flak deserved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Noone wanted Vanilla. It is and always was trash. BC and Wrath were the best expansions.
    So fuck off and dont play it lol

Time consuming =/= hard. Literally nothing in Vanilla WoW is hard. Only time consuming. All you need to be "successful" in vanilla WoW is time.
    Then you should have no problem making the gold required to respec as much as you want.

It's as simple as that.

It's like Vanilla, don't like it? Don't play it.

Just because you can't invest time into it, doesn't mean they should change the game. It sounds like Classic is not the game for you.
    Last edited by Castration; 2019-11-21 at 04:27 PM.

If making 50g is such a challenge, maybe you'd rather level a new character so your cost resets?

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    See these folks are fine. He never cared about a "pristine" experience and still doesn't. He's also not whining; just stating his opinion and then stating what he'd like as a solution. No flak for this guy. Still (probably) won't get what he wants, but no flak deserved.
    It's kinda ludicrous that you have to put in the disclaimer "I never wanted it to be #nochanges" if you want to pass comment on the game without three or four people coming in to crow "HA! See! You thought you did but you don't, GOTCHA!"

Don't get me wrong, clowns aplenty on both sides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

it's definitely one of the aspects of classic that a bit archaic by todays standards.

i wouldn't mind if they lowered the maximum cost or increased the decay rate (in particular before lvl 60), but i do think it's very important that the cost remains high enough that you can't do it all the time.

Respeccing to try different off-meta specs is one of the most fun parts of classic WoW since you have so much spec flexibility. Being forced to pick one spec and stick with it 100% of the time just makes the game even more monotonous than it already is. It's like the vanilla WoW devs focused on making the game as boring, punishing, and monotonous as possible.

Honestly, leveling, dungeons, raiding, and grinding in general is all terrible. "Gaming" the auction house and trying new specs is the most fun part of the game. "Fair" PvP is also fun.
    You wanted Classic with #NoChanges. You got Classic with #NoChanges. You got what you wanted. Be careful what you wish for.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    "Crying like a little baby." What are we in high school? You sound like you're 12 and your parents don't allow you to curse.

I don't think you know what the word "hypocrisy" means, because you've used it inappropriately. Might want to google the definition before using it again.

Outing myself as a liar or being delusional? Wtf are you talking about? Your post in completely nonsensical. You honestly sound like a f*cking idiot who can be string a rational thought together. Take your edgy bloody eye avatar and your #nochanges subhuman ass back to the hole you crawled out of.
    I'm not 12, and my parents let me swear. So, let me be frank when I say that if you come into the MMO-C forums and complain about something in classic that was how it was originally intended for vanilla, then you literally are crying like a little bitch.

Because... no matter HOW you think it should be, based on what you enjoy or find fun, it is working as intended. And if they change it away from that, they are breaking what vanilla was. Vanilla was grindy. Gold did not flow freely. If you wanted to PVE and PVP, then you endured that your respec costs were going to be high. But it was never intended for you to just be able to flip around meta specs at whim. They wanted your decisions in Vanilla to meaningful. Hence the cost.

So, coming into the MMO-C forums and complaining about it, just makes you look like you are being a whiny little bitch. You may not be one. You may not have intended to appear that way, but you did.

And FWIW... PLENTY of people wanted Vanilla.
    Last edited by Oakshana; 2019-11-21 at 04:45 PM.

"Classic takes too long to do anything!"

Change wow to have less time sinks

"Theres nothing to do!"

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    You wanted Classic with #NoChanges. You got Classic with #NoChanges. You got what you wanted. Be careful what you wish for.
    To be fair, I signed the original petition and I included a blurb SPECIFICALLY about wanting them to fix all the issues with classic, such as spec imbalance, etc.

What I always wanted was classic remastered or classic plus. So I'd say you should probably stop assuming everyone was a strict #nochanges shill. There is plenty of evidence that a metric ton of us didn't want a pure recreation and just settled for it because it was still better than retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    It will change, people are still screaming #nochanges but I am guessing that will be the first thing they tackle since it has no impact in any meaningful way keeping it intact.
    Had no meaningful impact during Vanilla and they didn't change it then either. It won't be changed.

Honestly I was wanting BC or Wrath more than classic. Classic was cool and I enjoyed it back in the day, and I enjoyed leveling, but once you get to end game there are real issues, namely balancing, respec costs, and the gearing process. I cleared MC for 6 weeks and I only ever won one item, and it was ninja'd from me. Six weeks without a single upgrade. Then I would try to do 5 mans to gear up, and there is a serious tank shortage, that is not as bad in later expansions due to tanking classes other than warriors being viable for them. TBH this is very similar to how I remember classic being, and why I wasn't all roses and sunshine about it.

There are many pros namely the leveling experience, world fantasy, and the strong RPG aspects that are missing from later versions of the game. I guess ultimately to me TBC was similar enough to classic without the extreme flaws to where it was a more enjoyable game with more long term appeal.

10+ Year Old Account
    It forces you to make meaningful changes. It adds a sense of identity to your character.