Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No one is dumb enough to buy tokens for this. This was a goldsink and now they are removing it, making even more gold leave the game. Has nothing to do with selling tokens because there are several easier ways to go about that. Getting people to spend up towards 200-300 euro is not one of them

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    And my disgust of Blizzard has been renewed...
    im pretty sure they really dont care what you think. because im guessing theres always something for you to be mad at.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Those bastards are getting greedier by the second.
    No one is going to spend $400-$500 for a mount that they normally wouldn't already be spending. Blizzard is just as greedy as activision. Try blaming the right people rather then creating scapegoats for dumb hate.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    I think you would be surprised how many would disagree with you on that.

Looking fabulous is serious business.
    I guess. lol Transmog is fun but if I have something looking out of place, I don't have to transmog it ASAP, it can wait, but different strokes for different folks.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah, it is a cool mount...but even when I had 6 million I never considered buying it.

Can you actually buy unlimited tokens? I mean...it needs like 20+ tokens if you have zero gold....how many tokens can you buy in a given time window.
    Current token is ~185k, so it would be 27 tokens. You can buy as many tokens as you want but you do have to wait for them to sell.

And how many whales does WoW really have that would throw something like 500 dollars to buy a mount like that?
    Yes.

I still don't get WHY they do it anyhow. Even if it serves the purpose to take money out of the economy and is hard to obtain..almost impossible for anyone wanting it and starting to save up today...why not leave it alone? This change will only attract negativity...as it already does.
    Didn't you get the memo? It's the same reason Blizzard ever does or doesn't do anything: Because fuck you, that's why.

But real talk: Likely due to Shadowlands having its own version of the 5 million goldsink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    There are people out there that have spent 10k on mobile microtransactions. Whales are exactly who this is aimed at and they'll spend the money. Forced scarcity tactics like this are a very typical way to target that group.
    Whales would have spent the money already. This change is not targeted at whales.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Really? I guess I see it differently. Timing can determine whether you snag a really good deal on the AH (someone under-prices something unwittingly.) Meanwhile, no urgency in transmog.
    With so many fast ways to get to a AH (I mean come on there is alts) and transmog npcs being rarer to find in every city (and i dont think they exist in every capital)

You can get to AH in 20 seconds. Transmog homever can take 10 min

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    When did they plan to come out and drop this bombshell on their own tho? If noone brings it up and forces this answer out from them, then would it just fade away silently like the old RaF rewards? Or when it's already too late? (It's already too late tbh)
    This is insane. I hope the community stands up against this as one.
    Sadly, it's being defended for no other reason than to defend it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...van_brutosaur/

I'm all in on dismissing the outrage over 2 store mounts /expansion or whatever it lands on, but this = blatant and predatory. If they do it for this mount and it pays off, it'll happen to other in-game mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Specificially, they confirmed that it won't become unobtainable.
    He means unobtainable by buying it on the vendor i guess. Not like totally unobtainable. Like zulian tiger for example, not obtainable in the game but you can have it from BMAH.

I'm hearing buzzing on the WoW thread that they are removing the AH NPC too?

Hoping some confirmation soon, because yike. Way to murder the value of AH Mount.

Blizzard and short-sighted decisions, name a more iconic duo. This one is stupid as fuck. Almost as stupid as the artificial scarcity push for cash shop items that were removed.

Fine with me. Ill have a unobtainable mount, another FoS & token prices will go down.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    With so many fast ways to get to a AH (I mean come on there is alts) and transmog npcs being rarer to find in every city (and i dont think they exist in every capital)

You can get to AH in 20 seconds. Transmog homever can take 10 min
    Yeah, but when you're farming something like Unborn Val'kyr, a portable AH is way more useful than a transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    He means unobtainable by buying it on the vendor i guess. Not like totally unobtainable. Like zulian tiger for example, not obtainable in the game but you can have it from BMAH.
    That's still in the game, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup scumbag move by Blizzard but really big L for any of you that actually bought that mount

7+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I barely even saw this mount in Boralus anyways. Kinda surprising, tbh. Guess bank alts are much cheaper.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2019-11-21 at 10:03 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by DTJames View Post
    I'm hearing buzzing on the WoW thread that they are removing the AH NPC too?

Hoping some confirmation soon, because yike. Way to murder the value of AH Mount.
    No they say they won't remove the NPC:
    https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...n-shadowlands/

'Like all dinosaurs, the Reins of the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur’s days are numbered. I can confirm that when Shadowlands goes live, the shady vendors Talutu and Tricky Nick will cease selling it. Their other offerings – the Lost Platysaur pet and the Reins of the Palehide Direhorn mount, will remain available for purchase.

We will make sure that the unforgettable Brutosaur mount is added to the lists of possible items that are sold in the Black Market Auction Houses. And of course, this new Achievement “Conspicuous Consumption” is a Feat of Strength, so as such things go, it’s not actually very conspicuous.'

Even tho I appreciate all the optimism from people that are fine with this, it's not.

As a mount collector this is a dream mount and I am actually gonna find a job now and buy wow token. Imagin removing the single most impressive mount from the game. Whats next?- Entire transmog sets for RAF and pre-orders? Wouldn't it be better if we all payed a monthly fee, and had full excess to all the game features? oh wait...
    And yes, WoW Tokens are pay-to-win

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Can you actually buy unlimited tokens? I mean...it needs like 20+ tokens if you have zero gold....how many tokens can you buy in a given time window.
    https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/10493

According to this you can buy 20 every 7 days and only have 20 on you at once (this is refering to the money token and not the gold token)

wow.
    I was going to take my time getting this one, but now I guess I have to shell out all my gold on a realm for one. You don't want to have to buy on the BMAH trust me,
    it will go for max every time - or 9 million gold...