Poll: Strongest Class?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Going with Paladin just because the magnitude of the power they channel seems to be limited only by the will of the Light. Mages are strong but need great magical artifacts to channel great power (like Jaina trying to drown Orgrimmar), and Locks and DKs and Demon Hunters are strong but all risk getting turned on by the powers they harness. When Tyrion shattered Frostmourne I was just like daaaaaaaaaaaaamn. Priest would be my second pick for similar reasons, and tying with Monks (thinking of Shaohao becoming one with the land), but I've never seen anyone command offensive and defensive powers like a Pally.

Though I imagine its something more like Rock, Paper, Scissors rather than zero-sum absolute power scaling. Like yeah, Arthas rolled Illidan but Demon Hunters don't train to fight undead really, they specialize in demons.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    highest capability would be mage or warlock, with warlock outpacing mage by leagues.

i suppose we'll see what necromancer is capable of at its height in shadowlands, but i doubt it's as good as warlock ultimately.
    mage is the most powerful in WoW and your never getting a necromancer class
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Mage and Warlocks and nothing come close

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    mage is the most powerful in WoW and your never getting a necromancer class
    fel and arcane both seem to be limitless, but fel outpaces arcane every time we see mage vs. warlock in lore. khadgar vs. gul'dan, khadgar was winning for a little while, but then gul'dan bitch slapped him with an influx of fel power.

and i mean necromancers in general, with death magic. we'll see its limits in shadowlands, dealing with entities using it the highest extent of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Gameplay yeah, if all things equal rogue wins. Lore-wise, probably mage, but I voted paladin since they can pull miracles out the ass.
    Aegwynn: Hold my mana crystal!

I have to go with Demon Hunter as they are the most well rounded class. While some classes can have powerhouse monstrosities such as (Illidan, Arthas, Kil'jaeden, Azshara, Malfurion) these are just extremely rare examples. If the most average DH were to engage in 1v1 combat with the most average of other classes, I argue the DH would win the majority of the time. DH are elite due to the rigorous training they go through to become one. DH have knowledge of spells/magic and melee combat and the only other class that could probably give DH a run for their money are Death Knights. Reason why I believe DH are superior to death knights are because DH are training to battle with demons and undead, or anything the burning legion throws at them. A DH must be prepared to fight a powerful spellcaster, behemoth of a demon, and stronger opponents.
    Last edited by Susanoo; 2019-11-21 at 11:39 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    The Holy Light that the Priests and Paladins of Azeroth worship is the Light of Creation, according to the Titan-authored Chronicle. If this is truly the case, I believe it has the highest power potential with only the Void coming close, but still being its second. While Paladins are typically more effective in combat, that's due to their martial training. Efficacy in combat does not denote raw power, in my opinion. The power ceiling of of a Priest is undefined, but we know it's ridiculously high. Need I name numerous examples of the Light's supremacy against, well, nigh everything it faces? Then factor in that they can channel the Void as well, without necessarily interfering with their usage of the Light.

Rogue for lore and gameplay.

I always found these arguments fairly pointless in a world where characters are always exactly as powerful as the story needs them to be.

It would have to be a class that is self-reliant.

That excludes Paladins, Priests, Druids, (most)Hunters, Shamen, Demon Hunters, Death Knights, (Frost)Mages, and Warlocks.

Warriors, Rogues, and Monks are completely reliant on their own skill. Of those three, I would have to give it to monk on the balance, but with mention for Rogues on surprise attacks, and warriors for anything requiring raw strength.

I took mage. There are so many strong character's in WoWs lore that are mages, If they are strongest class-wise? Maybe, or maybe not, but I would like to believe so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Gameplay yeah, if all things equal rogue wins. Lore-wise, probably mage, but I voted paladin since they can pull miracles out the ass.
    Rogues lose hard if all things are equal. The entire point of rogues is things aren't equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death knight most likely.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Rogue, hard to be a tough class after I tie your shoes and steal all your shit.

fel and arcane both seem to be limitless, but fel outpaces arcane every time we see mage vs. warlock in lore. khadgar vs. gul'dan, khadgar was winning for a little while, but then gul'dan bitch slapped him with an influx of fel power.

and i mean necromancers in general, with death magic. we'll see its limits in shadowlands, dealing with entities using it the highest extent of it.
    arcane is the lifeforce of the planet and titans so it is the most powerful magic, storywise they always have to do something to weaken the strongest so the bad guys have an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    arcane is the lifeforce of the planet and titans so it is the most powerful magic, storywise they always have to do something to weaken the strongest so the bad guys have an advantage.
    they didn't weaken the strongest.

the second strongest titan(he was already stronger than the other titans of the pantheon, but azeroth was going to be stronger than him) empowered himself with fel and shat down the throats of the other titans. the titans are specifically vulnerable to fel magic. fel interacts very badly with arcane, it let gul'dan brute force all of the arcane locks and traps on the tomb of sargeras(traps/locks set by either the second or most powerful mortal mage to ever live on azeroth, aegwynn), because it just undoes arcane magic.

it's a lot like the dark side vs. the light side in star wars. both have the same potential, but fel just outpaces arcane like the dark side outpaces the light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The only one to injure Sargeras, Destroyer of Worlds... was a normie Orc warrior
    Because of a magical axe crafted by Malfurion Stormrage under the guidance of a literal demigod.

In other words, he didn't do that alone.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-11-22 at 03:08 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

they didn't weaken the strongest.

the second strongest titan(he was already stronger than the other titans of the pantheon, but azeroth was going to be stronger than him) empowered himself with fel and shat down the throats of the other titans. the titans are specifically vulnerable to fel magic. fel interacts very badly with arcane, it let gul'dan brute force all of the arcane locks and traps on the tomb of sargeras(traps/locks set by either the second or most powerful mortal mage to ever live on azeroth, aegwynn), because it just undoes arcane magic.

it's a lot like the dark side vs. the light side in star wars. both have the same potential, but fel just outpaces arcane like the dark side outpaces the light.
    fel is also countered by arcane magic but the bad guy in WoW is always given the advantage until its his time to be defeated, with enough arcane magic you could just stop time and stab kill your enemy before they even know it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Which do you think is the overall strongest class? Strongest meaning highest level of capability and power. I'd like to hear your thoughts.
    depends entirely on who's writing the story.

Are we talking now or when destro locks had world shattering artifacts and power in legion?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    Going with Paladin just because the magnitude of the power they channel seems to be limited only by the will of the Light. Mages are strong but need great magical artifacts to channel great power (like Jaina trying to drown Orgrimmar), and Locks and DKs and Demon Hunters are strong but all risk getting turned on by the powers they harness. When Tyrion shattered Frostmourne I was just like daaaaaaaaaaaaamn. Priest would be my second pick for similar reasons, and tying with Monks (thinking of Shaohao becoming one with the land), but I've never seen anyone command offensive and defensive powers like a Pally.

Though I imagine its something more like Rock, Paper, Scissors rather than zero-sum absolute power scaling. Like yeah, Arthas rolled Illidan but Demon Hunters don't train to fight undead really, they specialize in demons.
    Arthas got a lucky surprise shot. Illidan was destroying him and had him on the ground ready for a final blow. He was just cocky.

Whatever one Blizzard decides on in the moment. Often warriors and mages for the good guys and warlocks for the bad guys.

Rogues win every 1 on 1 fight though.