Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo202 View Post
    So you have a problem with conflict theories in general or just this particular one you clearly know absolutely nothing about?
    Only those that see nothing but power hierarchies and pitting groups against each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Yeah, I get that most people's opposition to discussion of class narratives is that it's confrontational.
    That's the point that Moore is making. Modern big budget superhero movies present a narrative that is ultimately favorable to the present elite and the status quo because the capital to fund these projects is almost exclusively held in the hands of the elite.
    Modern big budget superhero movies present a narrative that is ultimately favorable to the present cabal, because the capital to fund these projects is almost exclusively held in the hands of the witches.

This is what I see when reading stuff like this.

Alternatively, modern big budget superhero movies present a narrative that people enjoy. Because others were tried and failed.
    And so that's where the money's going.
    Because you know, movies are ultimately for entertainment, not narrative or politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

Somehow I'm not surprised a thread attacking manchildren wasn't well received on a website full of manchildren.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Somehow I'm not surprised a thread attacking manchildren wasn't well received on a website full of manchildren.
    ...and here you are...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    ...and here you are...
    I'm the Socrates of this website. Right now I'm spreading the good word of reason. When the election starts up you guys are gonna put me on trial and I'm gonna drink hemlock instead of admitting that I'm wrong.

It's good to hear that you're prepared.

Alan Moore and the Watchmen are very overrated in my opinion.

He's entitled to his views of course, but he sort of reminds me of the crazy, leftist vagrants/activists I see wandering around Portland and Seattle sometimes. The whole disheveled, nasty long hair, crusty old hippie looks.

Also, isn't Moore a follower of that wacko/satanist Aleister Crowley's bullshit, Thalema?

Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    I've already learnt enough from the million of deaths the "bourgeous oppressor vs oppressed" theory brought.

Anyone in for that kind of narrative is in for a sick ideology.
    Imagine how scared you're going to be when you realise that Marxist thinking influenced pretty much everything beyond that point, including the systems you would consider "capitalist".

Fun fact, Marx even invented the term "capitalism" lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Also, isn't Moore a follower of that wacko/satanist Aleister Crowley's bullshit, Thalema?
    Crowley wasn't a Satanist, and no Alan Moore isn't in Thelema as far as I know. He is into the occult though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    ...and here you are...
    They never seem to see the irony.

Although in some cases, I'm sure they're here because it's their job. Gotta earn them turnips.

- - - Updated - - -

Only those that see nothing but power hierarchies and pitting groups against each other.
    So you're opposed to... history?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    This coming from superhero movie fans is ironic considering defending the likes of james gunn...
    Uh...

Making some dumb edgy jokes on twitter is the same as defending a convicted statutory rapist?

Someone's been reading too much nutcase propaganda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So you're opposed to... history?
    History sees and has more than power hierarchies and pitting groups against each other. Try again.
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.

History sees and has more than power hierarchies and pitting groups against each other. Try again.
    Like what exactly?

Please explain, I really don't know what you're trying to say here.

Like what exactly?
    Please explain, I really don't know what you're trying to say here.
    I'm saying that power hierarchies and groups pit against each other is not all there is in history and humanity, unlike what certain marxists would believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm saying that power hierarchies and groups pit against each other is not all there is in history and humanity, unlike what certain marxists would believe.
    ...Every single war ever fought, the Birth of the United States, every rebellion ever, the civil rights movement... literally about power hierarchies and groups fighting against each other.

Are you saying you don't like stories about conflict? Literally every (good) story has a conflict in it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

You just repeated yourself. Please, elaborate.

P.S. How do you know what Marxists believe when you're apparently terrified of the idea of reading anything written by Marxists?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Ideas, not people.
    You're going to have to actually explain what you mean here.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're going to have to actually explain what you mean here.
    Marxism claims that politics is about the conflict between groups in power hierarchies. Which is incorrect, it's about the conflict between ideas.