Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    So because some people think that this conspiracy theory is ridiculous we must be playing devil's advocate for Blizzard? Yeah, I guess that line of thinking is on par with expectation for conspiracy theorists....
    I know. Corporations are our friend.
    Take off those tinfoil hats. Corporations would never do anything sleazy for money and WoW token prices aren't dropping.
    What are lootboxes anyway?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care if it's a move to increase token purchases or not.

What bugs me is that yet another item is being removed from the game for no apparent reason. Realizing it's too big of a commodity is not a reason. Just replace the AH guy with another vendor and ask players who have the mount to choose between keeping it or having it refunded.

I left retail because things got removed all the time and I got burned about trying to catch up. Each day it's harder and harder to justify ever coming back because they just keep removing things.

They should really stop

This is probably BFA version of a expansion time limited thing its very odd because im not a mount person.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    This is probably BFA version of a expansion time limited thing its very odd because im not a mount person.
    Well, mind you they also added a mythic+15 dungeon mount for this season, as well as added another Ahead of the Curve mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I left retail because things got removed all the time and I got burned about trying to catch up. Each day it's harder and harder to justify ever coming back because they just keep removing things.

They should really stop
    Did you miss the hundred of threads begging blizzard to bring back time limited stuff back like CM gear? LEGION's MageTower is still a feature many people liked and its removed by design. But I don't get why it upsets you, if you are not a regular player / collector why do you even care about stuff that got removed?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Did you miss the hundred of threads begging blizzard to bring back time limited stuff back like CM gear? LEGION's MageTower is still a feature many people liked and its removed by design. But I don't get why it upsets you, if you are not a regular player / collector why do you even care about stuff that got removed?
    Personally, I feel like it would be good if those things were turned, so long as they made it work so that people attempting it had roughly as much of a challenge as people did back then. This can be done with scaling and all that.

I feel like keeping things around to be worked towards has more value than removing them.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    With Shadowlands. Removal of RNG, the changes to leveling, more focus on player agency. These were all good things announced when a lot of players were burned out with BfA.
    Agreed, but they still got complained about.

doesn't seem token prices have moved much yet though....
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Personally, I feel like it would be good if those things were turned, so long as they made it work so that people attempting it had roughly as much of a challenge as people did back then. This can be done with scaling and all that.
    Like MageTower half year later or CM MoP/WoD with end of expansion 18+ sockets in gear and cheesing every boss fight?

Did you ever see what the fastest CM runers did to get those times? They exploited the shit out of the content and just imagine what people would do years later.
    -

Dsnt motivate me in the slightest at all to buy tokens.
    I love how when blizzard added scaling to old world leveling everyone including their mother said blizzard did it to make everyone buy boosts. Now that leveling will be much much shorter in Shadowlands everyone seems to have forgot that and blame this instead.

It's still amusing to me that there are people playing devil's advocate for Blizzard when they themselves didn't even bother to try and offer any rationale for this change and instead tried to soften a blow with a joke about dinosaur extinction.

About that..

(also, I hope this thread's title can be changed soon. A few threads got merged into one, and this title was the one that was kept)
    what kind of rationale do you need for this tho. There is simply no way a multi-billion dollar company did something like this just to earn a few thousand extra dollars. This conspiracy is just so far fetched and was purely made to cause some more drama

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    doesn't seem token prices have moved much yet though....
    I think many people are waiting if Blizzard will revert this decision next few days. If they won't do it during shitshow, for sure it won't be changed later when people will be mad at something else.

Also when token will drop significantly it will be balanced by people that want buy some battle.net balance for race change or Shadowlands and just wait for lowest price.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    what kind of rationale do you need for this tho. There is simply no way a multi-billion dollar company did something like this just to earn a few thousand extra dollars. This conspiracy is just so far fetched and was purely made to cause some more drama
    Corporations are my friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Like MageTower half year later or CM MoP/WoD with end of expansion 18+ sockets in gear and cheesing every boss fight?

Did you ever see what the fastest CM runers did to get those times? They exploited the shit out of the content and just imagine what people would do years later.
    I know that at the end of the respective expansions, it was a lot easier.

My point is more that with scaling, they could bring those forms of content back in a way where they're meant to be somewhat challenging for today's players. There's much more meaning in that than in removing it.

I just want to add a piece of information. For those of you who do not believe it's just to boost WOW tokens sales, mainly because you believe the cost of how much tokens that would have to be bought in real cash is absurd. Wow has metrics like time played and subscriptions. This may make some people prolong their subscription or play a lot longer to acquire gold as well. This would skew the results of data metrics especially with very little content coming through the next year. However, if you save up and just farm gold im talking every raid you can solo, you'll be fine. The gear and gold you can obtain and sell will pay off if you do not want to be on the AH.

@Yarathir:
    Timewalking even with its lesser difficulty compared to the real deal is not really liked. Most casual players dont enjoy doing content multiple times and the regulars allready got the time limited stuff, I guess there is just no real demand to implement such a feature.
    -

@Yarathir:
    Timewalking even with its lesser difficulty compared to the real deal is not really liked. Most casual players dont enjoy doing content multiple times and the regulars allready got the time limited stuff, I guess there is just no real demand to implement such a feature.
    You're making the assumption that it has to be some big feature woven into the endgame cycle, though.
    When it could just be something for people to strive towards of their own accord.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Everything you have said is proof that it will be cheaper in the bmah. Please, when speculating in 3conomic effects please at least do economics a 15bwoukd learn at school
    Yes, making something that already costs 5 million gold harder to get by, as it will not always be up on the BMAH, will result in the price dropping.

Totally.

They're counting on people buying the hell out of it right now to avoid the BMAH slog afterwards and the 9.999.999 pricetag.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    Yes, this has been well understood concept for a better part of a decade now.
    Digital cosmetic shops are common in videogames. Everyone gets it.
    You don't have to try to mansplain it
    Manslplain it? I don't even know what these sayings mean!

Get off ma lawn!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    ... Why? I mean I get it, its for boosting tokens, but what is their stock answer? 'Its a dinosaur so its going extinct lol' is not an answer...
    Why not? I mean, all the other dinosaur mounts and pets are being removed from the game, including the other mount and the pet the Brutosaur vendor sells.
    Oh wait.. they're not. Hmh..

That mount also devalues engineering since they can summon a personal auctioneer and that mount makes it pretty much useless. The original implementation of it was the mistake.