Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Glad some of us did our part in not buying this incomplete product.
    But then again; we are yet to see if we made a difference in the end. :/

units shipped vs direct units sold to a customer. bruh. this means SW/SH is CRUSHING the SM sales.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Glad some of us did our part in not buying this incomplete product.
    But then again; we are yet to see if we made a difference in the end. :/
    its out selling the previous game, read what those figures are for lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Played through Colosseum since my girlfriend got Shield and she wants to catch up to me so we can play together. Been a while since I last played it. Three main take aways: The story and dialog is pretty bad, the game is actually significantly shorter than I remember, and the game is pretty damn difficult at times. I actually got wiped out on the 2nd to last boss due to some unlucky crits and poor strategy. Then I almost lost to the last boss. Overall though it's a great game. Has a really unique vibe to it and the double battle format is really enjoyable. I wish the games would've sold better because I'd like more Pokemon games of this type.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    units shipped vs direct units sold to a customer. bruh. this means SW/SH is CRUSHING the SM sales.

- - - Updated - - -

its out selling the previous game, read what those figures are for lol
    No, its not. When it launched, SM got the record for the game with the single most preorders within the previous 5 years. It was one of the fastest selling games in Nintendos history. Over all, their sales was 7.1 million within its first launch week breaking records all over the place.

So, definitely a sharp drop off compared to the 10 million copies Nintendo had to ship to keep up with demand. That said, its really going to come down to continued sales and how those look.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    No, its not. When it launched, SM got the record for the game with the single most preorders within the previous 5 years. It was one of the fastest selling games in Nintendos history. Over all, their sales was 7.1 million within its first launch week breaking records all over the place.

So, definitely a sharp drop off compared to the 10 million copies Nintendo had to ship to keep up with demand. That said, its really going to come down to continued sales and how those look.
    they have shipped far more then 10m if direct to order is over 6m in 2 days. its literally destroying SM

they have shipped far more then 10m if direct to order is over 6m in 2 days. its literally destroying SM
    If you mean digital downloads, then SM had large numbers of that too. Right now, it literally isn't and is behind SM at the same point.

If we are looking critically at it, its not doing so hot. 6 million copies in 2 days is a great launch. However, that is launch. We aren't seeing sales continuing on that trend. That is where the problem comes in. Sold well at launch yet is failing to maintain that momentum. Thus, how it hasn't passed up SM in terms of first week sales that we know of.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

If you mean digital downloads, then SM had large numbers of that too. Right now, it literally isn't and is behind SM at the same point.

If we are looking critically at it, its not doing so hot. 6 million copies in 2 days is a great launch. However, that is launch. We aren't seeing sales continuing on that trend. That is where the problem comes in. Sold well at launch yet is failing to maintain that momentum. Thus, how it hasn't passed up SM in terms of first week sales that we know of.
    prove that its behind SM. you cant. you are just making shit up to suit your fairy tale. the fact is, 6m in 2 days sold direct to customers. How many copies do you think walmart, gamestop, target, etc have? if you think its less than the 10m shipped for SM, you are being delusional.

if we are looking critically at it, it is LITERALLY the fastest selling nintendo switch game ever. #1. its blowing the doors off financially. as it should, its a very fun game.
    Last edited by The Oblivion; 2019-11-22 at 09:33 AM.

prove that its behind SM. you cant. you are just making shit up to suit your fairy tale. the fact is, 6m in 2 days sold direct to customers. How many copies do you think walmart, gamestop, target, etc have? if you think its less than the 10m shipped for SM, you are being delusional.

if we are looking critically at it, it is LITERALLY the fastest selling nintendo switch game ever. #1. its blowing the doors off financially. as it should, its a very fun game.
    I gave you the numbers. I proved it. Its behind SM. So far, all we have is 6 million.

Right now, the sales are being stated as first week sales. With 2 million being in the US
    Official press release from Nintendo

The weekly numbers for SM is still out there. Now, if you want to get nitty gritty, shipped = sold. Nintendo got paid. Every copy they shipped was bought and paid for in full by retailers who then need to sell those units to recoup their money. All statistics you get are typically the same thing. shipped. Its easier to track how many were shipped in each region. Its the only concrete evidence they have and its simpler to just said sold since they get paid regardless of if the retailer sold its supply or not. So to scuff at them selling 10 million units to retailers world wide is funny.

here is more in depth info on shipped vs sold

In a nut shell. SS has fallen by 1.1 million - 4 million unites compared to SM. Its not to say it didn't get a great start, it did. 6 Million and best selling switch game thus far is good. However, its not maintaining that, and that is what a business wants to happen. They want to continue to make money and sell as many as possible. So, going from a game that set records for most pre-orders and fastest selling pokemon game to one slightly less shows 1 thing, fans are not pleased. Thats what we want them to see, and now they are.

I gave you the numbers. I proved it. Its behind SM. So far, all we have is 6 million.

Right now, the sales are being stated as first week sales. With 2 million being in the US
    Official press release from Nintendo

The weekly numbers for SM is still out there. Now, if you want to get nitty gritty, shipped = sold. Nintendo got paid. Every copy they shipped was bought and paid for in full by retailers who then need to sell those units to recoup their money. All statistics you get are typically the same thing. shipped. Its easier to track how many were shipped in each region. Its the only concrete evidence they have and its simpler to just said sold since they get paid regardless of if the retailer sold its supply or not. So to scuff at them selling 10 million units to retailers world wide is funny.

here is more in depth info on shipped vs sold

In a nut shell. SS has fallen by 1.1 million - 4 million unites compared to SM. Its not to say it didn't get a great start, it did. 6 Million and best selling switch game thus far is good. However, its not maintaining that, and that is what a business wants to happen. They want to continue to make money and sell as many as possible. So, going from a game that set records for most pre-orders and fastest selling pokemon game to one slightly less shows 1 thing, fans are not pleased. Thats what we want them to see, and now they are.
    shipped is not sold. if it sold 6m, it shipped far more. it is AHEAD of SM. Sw/Sh has not fallen, but passed up SM in only days. You are now making up shit about what its currently selling, you have no idea and are pulling shit out of your ass to suit your narrative. its clear you are fine just making shit up.

your narrative that a video game should maintain release sales is also asinine and just further shows how far you will reach. NO GAME MAINTAINS SALES. none. not zelda. not mario. not halo. not cod.

luckily, your story is just that, a story. a fairy tale. the game is blowing away previous pokemon releases. which is good, because its one of the better games they have made. your record setting game is now being demolished by sw/sh sales. RIP

which is what we want them to see, that they made a great game and fans are exceedingly pleased. and yes, this is the MAJORITY of players. not some fringe group of incels crying for boycott
    Last edited by The Oblivion; 2019-11-22 at 10:06 AM.

I still remember being the first one on my entire class to know where Zapdos was in pokemon Red/Blue.

I was a master (as a KID) at backtracking and explore every inch of the continent.

I found Mewtwo by myself.
    I still remember:
    Was playing with a friend...we found a secret cave...and then we were discussing with eachother "is this where mewtwo/mew is?"

When we found him...we screamed in joy...

Pokemon is dead to me now though

shipped is not sold.
    Shipped = sold. They were bought by retailers, otherwise, it would not have shipped. They never use sold. They just say its sold at times to sound better. They literally have no way to count sold copies 100%. Its always the shipped number. Read the article if you need to more info And no game kept launch sales? Lots have. They kept the momentum and continued to sell incredibly well.

This game is doing well, but not as well as the previous games. Which managed to sell better then this one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shipped = sold
    ha ha no but the 3ds has 2.5 times the adoption rate so why dont you stop being disingenuous and look at attach rates instead, but you wont cause narrative

As much as one could want to look deeper into this, remember that they were on entirely different systems. The 3DS was very cheap as well compared to the Switch.

Also worth noting that SM absolutely crushed the market. Trying to match that would've been very difficult on a relatively new, more expensive system.

I feel an argument could even be made that Sw/Sh have suffered because SM and USUM were terrible. They may have been complete games, but they were by no means good games. Hell, just getting through the first half of the game takes roughly 3 times as long as it should've with all the hand-holding.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    ha ha no but the 3ds has 2.5 times the adoption rate so why dont you stop being disingenuous and look at attach rates instead, but you wont cause narrative
    The game generated 30% increased unit sales in the UK. The interest just isn't there over all and its probably due to the facts coming to light. Its done well, but not as well as it could. If they didn't stir up so much controversy right before launch, it could have sold more im sure, myself included.

15+ Year Old Account
    The game generated 30% increased unit sales in the UK. The interest just isn't there over all and its probably due to the facts coming to light. Its done well, but not as well as it could. If they didn't stir up so much controversy right before launch, it could have sold more im sure, myself included.
    Theyre the fastest selling switch games beating out mario and botw which outsold the switch at launch. Dont worry i bought 3 copies so that canceled their lost sale from you anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I still remember:
    Was playing with a friend...we found a secret cave...and then we were discussing with eachother "is this where mewtwo/mew is?"
    That cave that was so secret that you could only see it already before fighting Misty >.> yeah true detectivework on your part right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    That cave that was so secret that you could only see it already before fighting Misty >.> yeah true detectivework on your part right there.
    LOL this just goes to show how the human memory is so crap thank you for the slap in the face.

Then...only Zapdos required detective work? AND articuno! I remember doing dome weird shit to find articuno...dont remember in which game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I still remember being the first one on my entire class to know where Zapdos was in pokemon Red/Blue.

I was a master (as a KID) at backtracking and explore every inch of the continent.

I found Mewtwo by myself.
    I still remember:

When we found him...we screamed in joy...

Pokemon is dead to me now though
    reminds me of the regi's in ruby
    I found wierd signs ingame and thought " the fck are these?"
    then one evening I went throught all these "mini journals" or w/e they're called (you know the lil book that was with every game)
    and on the last page ... there were braille signs and I thought "hey were did I see them? it took me a while to get that it was in ruby...
    and then i ran to every place ingame cause I forgot where I saw them xD
    but man was I happy when I catched them

this is the shit miss in todays games (not just in pokemon)

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    reminds me of the regi's in ruby
    I found wierd signs ingame and thought " the fck are these?"
    then one evening I went throught all these "mini journals" or w/e they're called (you know the lil book that was with every game)
    and on the last page ... there were braille signs and I thought "hey were did I see them? it took me a while to get that it was in ruby...
    and then i ran to every place ingame cause I forgot where I saw them xD
    but man was I happy when I catched them

this is the shit miss in todays games (not just in pokemon)
    LOL yeah, i was, like you, an explorer as a kid.
    I spent a lot of time trying to solve the Unown mistery in Pokemon Gold...only to eventually give up

From my understanding there was nothing relevant there i was sad