Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Do you not understand how companies work? They'll see it as red numbers and figure to toss it instead.
    They don't share operating expenses for the Xbox division at investor briefings for a reason... just state revenue. Xbox has been in the red since 2001, with the OG Xbox and the 360 they where losing money on hardware sales and now with the One/PC they are most certainly losing money on game pass with how many 3 months for $1 deals they hand out like candy, along with paying 3rd parties for the games as well as taking a massive hit on their own first party game sales it has to be losing them their ass.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    I'd be more than happy to see it bomb, means more exclusives can stop being exclusives and finally come to PC.
    You do realize all games they make go to PC anyway right?

Exclusives breed competition even PC gaming has its own exclusives.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    I always own every console in a generation anyway, so I don't really care.

What I will say though, it I prefer the Xbox HUD, it's so much more user friendly than other systems, and I will miss it if it goes.
    Here is something to believe in!

I sometimes wonder if the higher-ups at Microsoft ever think to themselves: "Sony is just too dominant, this is hard, we should have not gotten involved in this..." Microsoft has put billions upon billions into the Xbox brand and it remains to be seen if all the effort has truly been worth it in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    I always own every console in a generation anyway, so I don't really care.

What I will say though, it I prefer the Xbox HUD, it's so much more user friendly than other systems, and I will miss it if it goes.
    Xbox One UI is literally the worst of any of the main players here... and I'm counting Steam Big Picture mode in that as well lol.

It's ass, it's slow, it's laggy, unituitive and unresponsive. On Switch, PS4 or even Steam Big Picture it's a million times easier to find what you want with the controller and also faster without the terrible ass lag.

Windows was a mistake, at least putting it on a weak console was. There was actually nothing wrong with the final version of the 360, but they went and completely borked it with the Xbox One and it's still borked 6 years after launch even on the One X it's not much better ffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    simply put, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Xbox One UI is literally the worst of any of the main players here...
    I totally agree about it being slow and unresponsive.... On the original console. The ".5" version of the console and later, this is literally not an issue. But I understand that people were already burnt by the those came out.

Personally, I find the PS4 HUD a confusing mess, and it triggers my OCD. But my friends prefer it... Each to their own I guess.

I totally agree about it being slow and unresponsive.... On the original console. The ".5" version of the console and later, this is literally not an issue. But I understand that people were already burnt by the timothy came out.

Personally, I find the PS4 HUD a confusing mess, and it triggers my OCD. But my friends prefer it... Each to their own I guess.
    Not an issue? It's still laggy AF on the One X. In fact it's slower and less responsive on the One X then the base PS4 UI and the Switch UI which are far weaker systems. The problem was never power and the One X did almost nothing to fix the fact the UI is borked.

Imagine saying the UI that is laggy and has a million little squares to cycle through is less confusing then the one with non existent lag where you simply hit up or down to cycle between apps or features and left and right to select the app or feature you want... lol.

Top of my list for Scarlett is not having that same shitty OS. Get rid of it, start from scratch. It's literal garbage and worse then every iteration of the 360s OS.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-11-24 at 08:26 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    *snip*
    I don't need to imagine, it is my opinion.

I disagree with your opinion on PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Actually there is a few big reasons for some to own a console.

1) Cheaper
    2) Ownership. I own all the physcial games I buy (besides online only titles clearly) and the vast majority of my games can be playable without net.
    This next generation may be the last time you will be able to do that. The Internet is now cheap enough to stream games on demand. I'm not talking for consumers, I am talking for publishers. This next generation (2020 - 2025ish) will probably be the last time you actually need to buy a console to play games and let me tell you. Sony and MS don't want to sell you a console when there is another way to distribute games. It is expensive to make a console and they largely go for below cost. Consoles are always having sales and it isn't the retailer that discounts them, its Sony or MS. We might only be five years away from using any old TV to play any game. TV not new enough? Just buy this $40 item that will convert any TV into a TV capable of doing it. That's at least 17 x better than buying a console and you don't need to worry about buying the right console.

Worried about "ownership"? Who cares about ownership. You never owned anything anyway. What happens when you buy that $60 game? How long do you play it for?20 hours? 50 hours? 5 hours cause its shit? Subscription model is being sorted out. Sure there could be early access like pay $20 bucks to play the game on release as well as your subscription or whatever (Im not a subscriptatition) but it is coming. MS is probably the leading candidate of the two because they already lose billions for XBox and will be willing to dive right on in.

OP is right that it will be MS last console but not for the reason she thinks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    simply put, no.
    And your argument for saying no is?

The Xbox Division at MS has been bleeding money since it started and with last gens RROD and the XB1 bombing. The Xbox Division NEEDS Scarlett to be a home run. It can't suffer a XB1 2.0

Honestly I think they know this and I wouldn't be surprised if the push to XCloud,Game Pass and Play Everywhere is them admitting to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    This next generation may be the last time you will be able to do that. The Internet is now cheap enough to stream games on demand.
    Doesn't matter how cheap it is.

Many games will outright not work via streaming and on top of that most ISP's in the US has data caps. Also Sony has a vested interest to keep physical media around since they own part of Blu-Ray and Nintendo is light years away from streaming being a thing. Hell the SNES and NES apps on the Switch are the games themselves and not actual streaming.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I'm just hoping the bridge between PCs and consoles gets shorter or near non-existent. I'd rather MS, Sony and Nintendo exist as a software platform over hardware that is required to play their games. They could still sell hardware that are effectively pre-built PCs that have a home entertainment design. Consumers could buy those or build their own and simply run the XBox or Playstation OS to play their games.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I don't need to imagine, it is my opinion.

I disagree with your opinion on PS4.
    Let's not even talk about the PS4 since it's off topic or your opinion on it because it's meaningless to this thread.

Let's talk about how it's a fact the Xbox One OS is laggy and unresponsive as hell that's not an opinion since you want to hide behind that. It performs worse then the Xbox 360 did in every way, it's factually bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Let's not even talk about the PS4 since it's off topic or your opinion on it because it's meaningless to this thread.

Let's talk about how it's a fact the Xbox One OS is laggy and unresponsive as hell that's not an opinion since you want to hide behind that. It performs worse then the Xbox 360 did in every way, it's factually bad.
    As I said, that's your opinion, and it's not true in any way with my experience.

I mean, you say this but they are literally pissing money away trying to make Xbox relevant. You think gamepass is making them money when netflix doesn't even turn a profit? Consider all the AAA games on there they have to pay publishers for, on top of losing sales of their own first party games by putting them on there at release on top of often giving away 3 months for $1 and other absurd deals.
    If you could tell me how to get 3 months of game pass / game pass ultimate for $1, that'd be great.

Those deals are just for new customers / people that have never had game pass yet. Doesn't work for me anymore after the first time I made use of the deal. Stop spreading false information and get your facts straight.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    If you could tell me how to get 3 months of game pass / game pass ultimate for $1, that'd be great.

Those deals are just for new customers / people that have never had game pass yet. Doesn't work for me anymore after the first time I made use of the deal. Stop spreading false information and get your facts straight.
    Wrong, my game pass was expired for 2 months and I just got the most recent one on the same account.

Not to mention all the other ways they piss away game pass subscriptions, through MS Rewards and even for the last month giving months away with orders through the taco bell app.

Then on top of it all if you redeem a code for gamepass they give you an EXTRA month just for turning auto renew on(and you can turn it right back off and keep the free month).

If you're paying full price for game pass you're doing it incredibly wrong to say the least lmao. The majority of players will only sign up with these $1 or $2 deals when a major release like Gears 5 or The Outer Worlds drops and never touch the service which basically lost them a $60 sale. It is 100% losing them lots of money in the hopes it attracts enough paying customers(and it won't, it just attracts people wanting cheap games).

Wrong, my game pass was expired for 2 months and I just got the most recent one on the same account.

Not to mention all the other ways they piss away game pass subscriptions, through MS Rewards and even for the last month giving months away with orders through the taco bell app.

Then on top of it all if you redeem a code for gamepass they give you an EXTRA month just for turning auto renew on(and you can turn it right back off and keep the free month).

If you're paying full price for game pass you're doing it incredibly wrong to say the least lmao. The majority of players will only sign up with these $1 or $2 deals when a major release like Gears 5 or The Outer Worlds drops and never touch the service which basically lost them a $60 sale. It is 100% losing them lots of money in the hopes it attracts enough paying customers(and it won't, it just attracts people wanting cheap games).
    Doesn't work for me and many others it seems though, that's odd.

Also not many people put any effort in getting MS Reward points, such a small percentage of the playerbase even knows about this. Also no Taco Bell here so I don't know about that.

The reality is that the average person using Xbox will go to the store to buy Xbox Live / Game Pass and pays full price. I don't pay full price either, but those $1 deals never work for me when game pass expired.

Edit: Fixed some words. MS Rewards has been buggy as hell for me as well, doesn't work properly at all. Hell, when I got Witcher 3 I was supposed to get like 9k points a few years ago. Shit didn't work because I don't live in the USA (but purchased it on the US store).
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I don't see any console being the "last console". As technology gets better, graphics will get better, they'll move into a different era, into VR as that grows(honestly they should get their foot in now to VR consoles before it's too late).
    You still need hardware to do VR. There's also a limit when it comes to moore's law. The truth is console gaming is becoming more like PC gaming as times goes on, including even in cost. There's no point to game on a console when it runs the same hardware as a PC does. The only era we're moving into is an open platform era, not ones with walled gardens.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    They are coming to PC either way thanks to Phil.
    Phil doesn't have a choice. Xbox is so unprofitable that porting games to PC is the best financial decision. Why you think Bungie left Microsoft? Microsoft wanted exclusive games and the Xbox platform wasn't as attractive as Playstation and PC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You do realize all games they make go to PC anyway right?

Exclusives breed competition even PC gaming has its own exclusives.
    Exclusives don't breed competition. That doesn't make sense, since an exclusive is basically an oligopoly. The only reason PC gaming has exclusives is because consoles don't have the hardware or keyboard & mouse to play the game correctly. I guarantee Blizzard would have ported WoW to consoles if there was a way to play it on a TV with keyboard and mouse, and you could freely download addons without Sony or Microsoft charging a fee. Also paying $15 per month and an additional $10 for console connectivity would drive customers away.
    Last edited by Vash The Stampede; 2019-11-24 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I think if its another flop like the xbone they are just going to go full digital storefront. Why waste money on making hardware when you can still have a pay for entry ecosystem while selling your next gears of halo game to more customers across more platforms. I think gamepass is the live experiment to test the ground already just in case.
    Xbox one did not sell 100 million like PS4 put its stupid to say it to be fail

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    Xbox one did not sell 100 million like PS4 put its stupid to say it to be fail
    Well, it failed so badly MS stopped reporting numbers sold on it and we have no idea how many units it has actually sold so...