Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    People aren't playing over a remote connection, they are just logging in before they leave work so they can start the queue timer in hopes that they are at character selection by the time they get home.
    So if I left on my lunch break, logged in, came back to work, went home & sat back down at my desktop to my character screen I'm in the wrong?

@Stormbreed You keep saying a GM replied to you but you've never posted any proof for anyone else to believe you. It's very easy to type out a fake response here and pretend it's from Blizzard.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    I buy a 5k pc set it up with whatever 3rd party software in my garage now I go on the couch and play wow from my mobile phone. This is cloud gaming. Simple fact.

Besides that, I posted 2 pages ago how it's extremely easy for blizzard to find out if you are doing that........
    So if I set up a facetime to see my computer screen and had somebody else do the commands that wouldn't be illegal then right? What about ANYBODY THAT STREAMS?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't really see an issue with that, per se. Constructive or industrious use of one's time via automation isn't a bad thing, and I would find it doubtful that this is so overused as to deny anyone else "their slot" in the queue as it were. Stay at the player selection screen too long unattended and the game will log you out in any case - so nothing of value is lost in this scenario, in my view.
    I can not disagree with you.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    I'm happy about my choice, does that make you upset. I would leave but I have a guild of 120 people who would all have to leave as well, thats not gonna happen.
    Doubt they would leave

If you are so happy why are you salty about the remote log in which btw for you and the CM.......it's not ban worthy

Enjoy your bans, I'm outright reporting anyone in here who claims they used it.
    I am. Right now. As I am typing this.

I'm fine with you wanting to argue on the internet, most people feel they have to because their life is pretty much mundane, I'm not in your court bud, move on. Hopefully you find peace knowing you will never prove you know more about how WoW works, and your opinions are not more important. I'm happy knowing I can't make you agree with me, its why we are here, for discussion.
    All they said was "May or may not". I may or may not win the lottery later but I'm not trying to finance a lamborghini right now. I dont understand how you grasp at a thought you created in your head and somehow managed to reverse engineer an argument for why it's bad even though the sole reason you dislike it is just because you have to wait. Childish

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is the reply FROM BLIZZARD

I delved into this one a bit more because I don’t want folks getting in trouble. Under our EULA the following section: >

Cloud Computing: Use the Platform, including a Game, in connection with any unauthorized third-party “cloud computing” services, “cloud gaming” services, or any software or service designed to enable the unauthorized streaming or transmission of Game content from a third-party server to any device.

With the remote access, you might be treading very closely to this, so it might be a bad idea and at this point I’d recommend against the activity as it could result in a ban of your account.

I’m going to update my previous statement to avoid any trouble down the line if someone were only to see that quote.

Enjoy your bans, I'm outright reporting anyone in here who claims they used it.
    Without the citation I am not willing to believe this came from Blizzard. You might also consider that YOU can be banned for falsely reporting folks and there would be no way you could defend your actions. Then you wouldn't have to worry about a login queue.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I know I use one to log on all the time, Q times are insane atm.
    Think you used the wrong burner account there bud

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    So then you don't have a source for it being bannable?
    They literally fucking said that it is a bad idea to do so. How much more clear do you need them to tell you? You care enough to reply, but not enough to read the response from Blizzard that would answer the stupid question you've asked several times now? christ some people are too dumb to help.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    They literally fucking said that it is a bad idea to do so. How much more clear do you need them to tell you? You care enough to reply, but not enough to read the response from Blizzard that would answer the stupid question you've asked several times now? christ some people are too dumb to help.
    I can type in italics and claim it was blizzard too. Also, if I'm lactose intolerant it's probably a bad idea to eat ice cream but I'm not gonna die the second I take a bite.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm using remote desktop to log into WoW Classic servers. Here use this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    Sometimes I struggle to tell if people are trolling or just super ignorant.
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

10+ Year Old Account
    cant ban people for things that arent against ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Not unless you or blizzard coded the software to stream your desktop. Let me know when you get on that...
    I think it applies to the people running the server (i.e. you) not the software you are running.

I'm happy about my choice, does that make you upset. I would leave but I have a guild of 120 people who would all have to leave as well, thats not gonna happen.
    You're obviously not happy. Or else this thread wouldn't exist.

And how are you going to report me if I used remote logins? You brought that on yourself, sugar.

I did it while I played I have a limited play time so I would get in Q via remote on my way home and Q would Pop when I was ready to play 2-3 hours later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    You are literally just using remote desktop to tell your pc to press a login button. It isn't in any way manipulating the games network traffic itself. It's even less "automated" than any sort of anti afk macro or a physical way to press your keys while you're away.
    Hell, by Blizzards old account sharing standards, it'd be worse to tell your younger sibling to press the login button because only you may use your account, than for you to use remote desktop.

And yes I used Teamviewer to get into queues while at work in august, sue me
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2019-11-27 at 08:15 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    lol you're still on Herod? Literally your fault and you're just salty that you didn't have the clairvoyance to take the free ticket off the congested server because Blizzard themselves said "Hey, if you stay here, you're going to deal with queues."

Deal with it. You made a poor choice.
    Rather have Login Q than be on a dead Server. I don't want to be sitting there with the 5 other people that took the free transfer.

The fact that you are playing Classic is the issue here i think...