Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhovanir View Post
    Would have been nice to have one final set of Allied Races before the end of the expansion, however the lack of any discussion at Blizzcon, announcement later on and I think it was revealed in an interview that 8.3 would be the last big patch of BFA, means Vulpera and Mechagones are the last for a long while.

I don't see any race being set up enough to become a playable race right now. While you do have Mogu, Ankoan and Tolvir rep factions, why would any race join either faction now since the whole story of 8.3 is fighting N'zoth and faction ceasefire?
    I agree that the chances of new Allied races are exceedingly low right now. BUT if they are going to happen in a hypothetical 8.3.5 (which I heard was actually confirmed by the devs in a Blizzcon interview, but this could be internet scuttlebutt) then the reason the Mogu would join a faction is because of events that occur inside the Ny'alotha raid, which I will not spoil. Meanwhile the Ankoan are already well disposed towards the Alliance so there wouldn't be too much of a leap in them making things formal.

The Tol'vir won't be happening as they have four legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    How about you follow forum rules.
    It's not against the rules to discuss High Elves as an Allied Race in a thread that is about speculating who the next Allied Race could be.

The High Elf thread does not exist so that people never ever mention High Elves outside of it again.

So shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Love Machine View Post
    Possibly.

High Elves for Alliance.
    When people suggest this, do they not know that High Elves are literally Blood Elves? High Elves changed their name to Blood Elves to honor their dead because most of them were slaughtered. It’s like saying Horde should get Draenei. Not some spinoff undead Draenei or something, but literally just Draenei.

Possibly.

High Elves for Alliance.
    It's not against the rules to discuss High Elves as an Allied Race in a thread that is about speculating who the next Allied Race could be.

The High Elf thread does not exist so that people never ever mention High Elves outside of it again.

So shut up.
    This is a thread about possible next Allied Races, so shut up.
    There are no high elves. Quality entertainment right here. Then again, it's probably a throwaway account farming some posts for later on.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2019-11-30 at 03:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    There are no high elves. Quality entertainment right here. Then again, it's probably a throwaway account farming some posts for later on.
    This is why they shouldn't be mentioned and why it should be kept to the megathread. This has the possibility to be a fun discussion, but the High Elf debate will consume everything.

Can't we just for once talk about Kelfin?

I thought Blizz was telegraphing pretty hard after Nazjatar that Alliance would be getting the Ankoan and Horde would be getting the Unshackled water goblins. I was a bit surprised when they went with the Vulpin and Mechagnome first. But I still wouldn't be shocked if we got them before the end of the expansion.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Imagine introducing both level squish/revamp and two last Allied Races in 8.3.5, let's say around June (and 9.0 October/November). It would be HUGE PR boost for WoW devs.

If they will be a thing, imo most likely candidates are:

- counterpart for Mechagnomes: Lightsomething Undead for Horde (99%) - most important here would be Undead Paladin option
    - counterpart for Vulpera: either Sethrak or some Drakonid race connected to Wrathtion.

My bet they will introduce new ones at 8.3.5 as we saw the new mogu faction in the vale has awfully checked all the boxes for an allied race and maybe some last minute addition for the alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Fingers crossed for Mok'nathal and Jinyu. Both don't have a female model though so it's likely we get something lazy and with tattoos pasted on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    When people suggest this, do they not know that High Elves are literally Blood Elves? High Elves changed their name to Blood Elves to honor their dead because most of them were slaughtered. It’s like saying Horde should get Draenei. Not some spinoff undead Draenei or something, but literally just Draenei.
    Do you understand the concept of Allied Races?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Imagine introducing both level squish/revamp and two last Allied Races in 8.3.5, let's say around June (and 9.0 October/November). It would be HUGE PR boost for WoW devs.

If they will be a thing, imo most likely candidates are:

- counterpart for Mechagnomes: Lightsomething Undead for Horde (99%) - most important here would be Undead Paladin option
    - counterpart for Vulpera: either Sethrak or some Drakonid race connected to Wrathtion.
    I thought they might do the level squish early as well, but if you think about it part of the reason they are doing the squish is to make levels more meaningful. It is coupled with the great unpruning and new abilities. It would completely unbalance the game and break everything if they did it before 9.0. I just don't see the squish coming early.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Go to Stormwind and Dalaran and look around, and you'll see enough of them.

Stop responding to the high elf fan.
    Talk about broken and Mok’nathal imo.

Still waiting for furbolgs for the Alliance and ogres for the Horde but I guess we can't have nice things.

Still, high elves still make more sense than void elves.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post

Thoughts? 2 more races incoming? Or just a coincidence?
    We are almost certainly getting 2 more races in the shadowlands prepatch. The flag arrangement in both embassies particularly the Alliance one along with the character creation screen heavily hint at it. As for what races? The only model rigging that has not been used yet are undead/worgen in that big meta list. And for those who have forgotten Calia is currently with the forsaken lorewise and there are likely going to be a whole lot of "Lightborn Undead" following her, although the possibility for undead elves is up there too I guess

Given that the Alliance already has a sparkly light infused version of a preexisting race I'm guessing the they go Horde.

As for the last BFA Alliance race, I have no idea, what uses worgen rigging that would make sense AR wise?

Saberon and High Elves
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like Ogres for the Horde already.
    At least offer them and their starting area as a store item if they're afraid they'd be unpopular,and I'm sure they'd make back the money on their development costs. Instead of genders,just have a one or two headed option.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Undead elves for the night elves!
    Disillusioned naga who abandoned their queen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You are overthinking it and it is no mishap. On the current Live Allied Races creation screen it is the exact same blue and red banners, same length, suggesting at least 4 more races since forever. On the ptr they now filled in two slots.

Go check yourself in game...I just did.

I can't any time soon so I take your word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Saberon and High Elves

So we can throw the High Elves into a pit of Saberon and see survival of the fittest take its course? I'm down.

Possibly.

High Elves for Alliance.
    Unfortunately it's never going to happen. They'll come up with tens of other types of elves for alliance players to use, but they won't budge on high elves for some reason.
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.