Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Depends on whatever metrics Blizzard uses to define "Medium" this go-around, as you damn well know it's not using retail-metrics.
    We also know it's not original vanilla terms, which they themselves admitted to.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by Multitorix Davlen View Post
    I dunno if medium population equates to dead realm.
    thats because of brackets.

lets use made up numbers - lets ay that medium means 5-15k players.

this may mean that server marked as medium can have as well 5001 or 14999 players .

ofc it can feel like dead realm .

and its confirming the huge (90%) droppoff suggested by active vs created char numbers

classic is dying like everyone sane predicted it will

10+ Year Old Account
    What's this, classic realms dying? Who would've expected that. It's almost like - just like retail - people grow tired of no/bad content.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    PvE already getting a big influx, and when a server like Kronos could easily survive in the past with multiple raiding teams for Naxx, the current PvE realms surely will too. On Mograine I had a dead leveling zone a week ago, but on Pyrewood all mobs are basically 24/7 dead and camped as more and more people cba to world ganking going on and realise in the future this will stay that way on the full realms.

In the end I think 3-4 might really die, but any 'medium' realm, months after release already means it'll be healthy until naxx easily for raiders. The low amount of PvE realms actually ensures they'll be fine in the future for sure and the crossrealm Bgs means PvP will also be healthy.
    Really? Well, color me surprised. Guess the glorious world PVP everyone was remembering isn't as glorious nowadays

Well, at least your realm isn't Sul'thraze:

17 Alliance online.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    thats because of brackets.

lets use made up numbers - lets ay that medium means 5-15k players.

this may mean that server marked as medium can have as well 5001 or 14999 players .

ofc it can feel like dead realm .

and its confirming the huge (90%) droppoff suggested by active vs created char numbers

classic is dying like everyone sane predicted it will
    I was willing to give this a shot at a discussion then you went with the "sky is falling" nonsense that literally has never come to pass for WoW.

Keep in mind to faction population will effect what you see as well. You could have 3000 people on your server, but if 2500 of them are the opposite faction it's going to feel dead for you.

I have a feeling that is often why people are seeing medium but their server feels dead.

Also if you play early morning, unless you are playing on a pretty full server, its gonna feel dead. Even a server like Pagle thins out tremendously in off hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psygon View Post
    Not gonna name names

So you recommend people leave their dead servers but won't name which server you were presumably on that died? Seems a little backwards. Why not warn people?

You big silly goose.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaibhan View Post
    Going to a realm like whitemane IF has hundreds of people in it, go to a medium pop and it's literally like 10. Medium es no bueno
    Earthfury is Medium and has tons of players in IF... Your anecdotal observations arent validated by your limited experience. And before you say it, neither are mine. The point is that two people, on two different Medium pop realms, are living two completely different experiences.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't consider waiting for 3 hours to get 2 more healers for MC pug then sure, it's not dead. Anything below high is barely playable unless it's 90/10 faction balance and you are on the winning side. Or maybe it's just russian experience with our timezones and shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post

17 Alliance online.
    That's how you get those "i don't know why you consider paladin a bad tank, we have a great time here!". Damn that's depressing online

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Keep in mind to faction population will effect what you see as well. You could have 3000 people on your server, but if 2500 of them are the opposite faction it's going to feel dead for you.

I have a feeling that is often why people are seeing medium but their server feels dead.

Also if you play early morning, unless you are playing on a pretty full server, its gonna feel dead. Even a server like Pagle thins out tremendously in off hours.
    Also time, if you happen to be 6 hours behind of "prime audience" then you are going to have a bad time
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    If you don't consider waiting for 3 hours to get 2 more healers for MC pug then sure, it's not dead. Anything below high is barely playable unless it's 90/10 faction balance and you are on the winning side. Or maybe it's just russian experience with our timezones and shit.
    The 90/10 balance seems a tad extreme but I do see your point. Even a 60/40 split can seem like a "dead" server. But is it ACTUALLY dead? Or is it the odd hours people play at that makes it appear dead? People like to be hyperbolic in their language to over blow things, so I cant get behind it. Once the server close, THEN i consider it dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post

17 Alliance online.

It's a Brazil server. Who cares?

during original classic WoW, Arthas was "High Pop" 3 times and it even was "Low" at one point. Realms fluctuate with their sizes over the course of years.

Do people forget you can migrate in classic? When my hord realm Dreadmist EU PvP dies...if it does, Im off to the next.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I rerolled off one. They are dead! When Looking for group moves at a snail's pace, when auctions never sell and when your faction has 4-5 guilds clearing MC you know your "Medium" pop server is dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    This exactly!! Even in bfa my kelthuzad realm was high pop at launch and stayed high pop even during the drought now. The high, medium, low thing isnt accurate enough
    Except they changed how classics realms portray population figures a month or so after classic released.

Retail realms use a different algorithm to determine population display. Classic uses a much more accurate system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    It's a Brazil server. Who cares?
    Brazilians?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    So you recommend people leave their dead servers but won't name which server you were presumably on that died? Seems a little backwards. Why not warn people?

You big silly goose.
    Yeah there's no logical reason why they're withholding the realm name...

doesnt have to mean that your realm is dead, but your faction may be, i used to play horde on kul tiras and at that point (in mop) the ratio of H:A was 1:10 in favor of the alliance, so ye for a medium realm it was prety much dead for horde

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Earthfury is Medium and has tons of players in IF... Your anecdotal observations arent validated by your limited experience. And before you say it, neither are mine. The point is that two people, on two different Medium pop realms, are living two completely different experiences.
    liar /10 char

Quote Originally Posted by Kaibhan View Post
    liar /10 char
    What am I lying about?

I recently started on Mirage Raceway-EU(Normal).

It's marked as a High pop realm with slight alliance edge in A:H ratio(according to Ironforge.pro), but at least the world chat feels pretty barren. There's like 1 message every 30 seconds at best. I came from Gehennas-EU(PvP) Horde side, I didn't like how the honor system pretty much ruined the game in PvP servers, for both alliance or horde regardless of who dominates. On Gehennas Horde, the world chat moves at a pace of like 1 message per 5 seconds, so the difference is massive.