Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    One of Thanos's children. Ultron, The Aliens in the first Avengers.
    She didn't defeat Proxima Midnight. Scarlet Witch did.
    She didn't defeat Ultron. She defeated some of his robots.
    The Chitauri are basic mooks.

It's basic Inverse Ninja Law.

The inverse ninja law is a media trope regarding not only ninjas, but any character type that is shown to attack in massed numbers, such as soldiers, robots, daleks, or vampires (but not zombies). It states that the threat level of any number of ninjas or other whatsits is inversely proportionate to their numbers. Therefore, if you're attacked by a lone ninja, you're in trouble, but if you meet an army of ninjas, they're going down.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2019-12-03 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Agents of Shield is a joke series that's basically a soap opera. Agent Carter was...meh.
    I agree that Agents is pretty much a farce. But Agent Carter was fun...and...using Marvel's history made it interesting. (I was completely sucked in. And her Soviet opposite, "Dottie" was quite a surprise)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    WHat superhero/villain did she go toe to toe with and defeat?
    I kinda see the point. Widow didn't beat Winter Soldier. And she won't beat Taskmaster. This is likely why we'll see a group therapy session, so to speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfals View Post
    Red Guardian? Is it the Russian cap America? XD
    Yeah...apparently we're seeing a more retired persona.

Some random non powered chick somehow magically able to fight superpowered beings...
    She's "fought" a lot of things... She's never actually taken anything superpowered down without assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Oh, it's set after Civil War? Then that's when you should have released it. Marvel dropped the ball on this, not green lighting it earlier.
    Read up on Ike Perlmutter and his antics.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Gonna be interesting to see if it'll be downvoted to hell by certain groups.

Other than that, eh. The fact that she's dead and gone makes me feel like a prequel isn't all that interesting, but I'll give it a watch once it lands on streaming services.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Gonna be interesting to see if it'll be downvoted to hell by certain groups.

Other than that, eh. The fact that she's dead and gone makes me feel like a prequel isn't all that interesting, but I'll give it a watch once it lands on streaming services.
    BW's reception in the MCU has been mostly positive, whereas CM was met with negativity from the get-go (which probably stems a LOT from her appearances in the comics)
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    That's sort of true. Wade has beaten Taskmaster before by doing that...but he doesn't always fight like that. Taskmaster can still copy the moves that Deadpool uses though even when he goes all chaotic in his fighting style.
    Yeah Taskmaster can copy specific moves, but he can't predict/copy Deadpool's overall "fighting style". He also doesn't like to copy Moon Knight's style, cause Moon Knight is perfectly willing to take hits if he thinks taking the hit will enable him to get in a better one.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    She's "fought" a lot of things... She's never actually taken anything superpowered down without assistance.
    Right, but how are her and Hawkeye not simply 1 shotted by any of these said super powered people.

Right, but how are her and Hawkeye not simply 1 shotted by any of these said super powered people.
    not too familiar with super villains but aren't their whole schtick that they're super powerful but their arrogance or whatever weakness is whatever the hero of the day eventually exploits?

i'm pretty sure all of them could be beat by the kid with glasses from robot chicken if the writer wanted it.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Both are smart enough to get out of the way of high-powered fists and energy blasts.
    I mean BW ran like hell when the Hulk was gunning for her in the first Avengers movie. And when she realized Thor tackled him, all she could do for a moment was sit and shake in terror.

Looks decent. Does nothing to quell my irrational dislike of Johansson, though.
    You didn't need to strikeout the "irrational". The actress herself does not really seem to be a decent person considering some of her past role choices and interviews.

As far as the film itself, I'll probably give it a watch when it doesn't cost me anything extra to do so, but the character of Black Widow never seemed all that fantastic to me; certainly not with the likes of Scarlet Witch and Captain Marvel around.

She's so like...wooden and monotone in everything. I don't know. I could understand if she didn't actually want to be in these MCU movies and was just phoning it in, but certainly she's had ample opportunity in the past decade to get out of whatever contract she signed if that's the case...
    Yeah, she's a terrible actor that has just one move: "SMIRRRKKY FACCEE!"

She has no charisma and cannot carry a film - predicting it now, this movie is going to be b-b-b-baddd.

I don't even know why she is called that, why not black spider, black scorpion?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by karinawu View Post
    I don't even know why she is called that, why not black spider, black scorpion?
    Black widow is (metaphorically) a woman that is dangerous to men.

When she went up against Thanos at the end of Infinity War, she was swatted away just as easily as everyone else. The only other "super powered person" I can remember her going up against was Bucky...and he manhandled her and that blonde SHIELD agent just as easily as you'd expect. She's survived by not getting into fistfights with the beings that can "1 shot" her.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Only took 10 years.... Jesus!

Still happy to see it. Always loved the Black Widow character.

Also is David Harbour supposed to be Red Guardian?

He is, according to IMDB

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Black widow is (metaphorically) a woman that is dangerous to men.
    And black widows are, specifically, one of the more dangerous types of spiders around.

Stood in the Fire Fixxit the Gnome's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Actually suprised that I found the trailer enjoyable. I'm so tired of Marvel movies, but I'll watch this movie just for David Harbour's Red Guardian.
    - Dare not to sleep -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Why do we need this movie, exactly? Black Widow is dead (thank god), why would we even need to to know about her past more for the future Marvel movies.
    It can introduce other characters into the MCU which is never a bad thing. I have trust in them to make a good movie, but I am personally kind of in the same boat as you...she had her conclusion...it's weird to me that kicking off phase 4 is a movie that takes place during the infinity saga...I feel they should have included this in phase 3 and not made this the first movie of phase 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Why do we need this movie, exactly? Black Widow is dead (thank god), why would we even need to to know about her past more for the future Marvel movies.
    What's your problem with her ? I enjoyed her as did most of the audience.