Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    I hope Blizzard, if not at launch, then through patches, realizes it's beneficial to not make allied races 2nd class citizens when it comes to additional customization options.
    I doubt that, just because they didn't specifically mention ARs, they won't benefit from the new options for the standard races, especially Highmountain, Mag'har, Void Elves and Lightforged. It would make no sense to not give these access to at least 75% of their 'parent' races' options.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Well, given that he was merely a name on some Vanilla tablet and then mentioned/used as mysterious "big evil bad" in a spinoff story...
    As far as I know, we still have no confirmation that the character will make an appearance in Shadowlands.
    The whispers come to fruition in following expansions

The blind queen with a scepter of bone is the arbiter and the father of sleep is mentioned as well

Quote Originally Posted by belsalles View Post
    Very plausible that this is a relative of Aman'thul: Mueh'zala's title is "Son of Time" and Mueh'zala seems to share many connections to the Jailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    Can you link to somewhere where this is being talked about? I haven't heard this before. Also who is NK?
    Nk is ninjakitten.
    Last edited by Muajin76; 2019-11-28 at 01:55 AM.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Nk is ninjakitten.
    Thanks. Is this person talking about this Pilgrim/Wanderer character? Any link you can share? I've searched around and you seem to be the only person mentioning this character in several posts in this forum, but nowhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    Thanks. Is this person talking about this Pilgrim/Wanderer character? Any link you can share? I've searched around and you seem to be the only person mentioning this character in several posts in this forum, but nowhere else.
    Makes thematic sense for it to be the Jailer, if he's inspired by Odin (and based on that concept art, it seems very likely); Odin's known for disguising himself as a travelling old man.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think we'll ever see Allied Races after BfA. For few simple reasons:

1) All races share starting zone, so they don't have to create new one for regular new race

2) Expanding customization option means that subraces like Wildhammer (and maybe High Elves, heh) are out of picture.

3) People are tired of returning to game after few patches/expansion, only to found out they must grind on max level char for race they wanted to play in the first place.

4) Shadowlands are new player friendly, I think they would rather use new cool race as hook for potential new players.

Of course introducing race in a patch and transmog reward for 1-60 leveling could (and imo should) be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    So what from shadowlands can we expect in 8.3.5? WoD had mythic dungeons i think and legion had leveling changes.
    I would honestly be surprised if we didnt get the Level Squish and all the resulting changes in 8.3.5 to bridge the gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    subraces like Wildhammer (and maybe High Elves, heh)
    Since Trolls get customizations from other tribes and Dwarves get Wildhammer tattoos, blue eyes for Blood Elves are pretty much a no-brainer. Voila, High Elves.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Since Trolls get customizations from other tribes and Dwarves get Wildhammer tattoos, blue eyes for Blood Elves are pretty much a no-brainer. Voila, High Elves.
    Oh maaaaan. The shitshow it would cause.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Although I expect Alpha late March/April, I really hope they'll start right after 8.3 release. They could take it slow, start with releasing classes one by one and implementing max level systems only after they process feedback from 8.3.

3+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if the Allied Race Death Knights are playable yet?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Does anyone know if the Allied Race Death Knights are playable yet?
    Not before 8.3. Kinda need the starting zone, even if it's just a copy of the LK arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I would honestly be surprised if we didnt get the Level Squish and all the resulting changes in 8.3.5 to bridge the gap.
    Squishes have always happened in pre-patches, not .5s. I wouldn't expect anything different in Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Squishes have always happened in pre-patches, not .5s. I wouldn't expect anything different in Shadowlands.
    That is true, but we might see some system changes before then. The new 1-10 (well, then still 1-20) experience, all expansions being playable from 20 to 110/120...

I do wonder though how they will handle older maxlevel content and its rewards.
    I guess the iLvl of items from non-scaling content such as raids, dungeon difficulties above normal and daily/rep grinds will be static, to be treated as good quality only at level 10 for Classic, 15 for BC and so on.
    Quest and normal dungeon rewards will only scale up to level 50, which has to be the level our BfA maxlevel stuff has to be adjusted to, else there would obviously be a shitstorm because people would "have to" grind new gear before SL even starts.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Not before 8.3. Kinda need the starting zone, even if it's just a copy of the LK arena.
    I was talking about the PTR sorry. You are currently able to play around with the customizations but when you click 'create character' after typing in a name, it says it requires Shadowlands to play

I was talking about the PTR sorry. You are currently able to play around with the customizations but when you click 'create character' after typing in a name, it says it requires Shadowlands to play
    Because your PTR account is seperate from your live account. So even if you bought SL, it isn't attached to the former. Technically, they're working correctly.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because your PTR account is seperate from your live account.
    Oh trust me, I figured that out when I copied a character, and her toys/pets/mounts we're there. Probably to save file space. (sorry if that sounded sarcastic)

Not sure when the next PTR patch is, but hopefully we'll get the starting zone by then. If not I guess after Christmas is over
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2019-12-04 at 01:18 PM.

Oh trust me, I figured that out when I copied a character, and her toys/pets/mounts we're there. Probably to save file space. (sorry if that sounded sarcastic)

Not sure when the next PTR patch is, but hopefully we'll get the starting zone by then. If not I guess after Christmas is over
    I don't think that's the issue. It's just that they set the requirements to what they're meant to be on live, so nobody can actually create one because you can't attach SL to your PTR account. But since it's supposed to be little more than the Allied Race starts, there's not exactly a lot that could go wrong.