Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Unable to quest / Hard to level outside of dungeons

To start off: This post is not to bitch and whine. I understand the game mechanics and how people are allowed to gank as much as they want. I love ganking people

I play on Herod - Alliance. Since the honor system was released its basically been impossible to level outside of instances. I'm leveling a mage. Lvl 52 currently. Anytime Ive gotten into a group for BRD. Horde are camping Throium Point FP and Morgan's Vigil FP. Also camping the whole way both paths to the instance. I had a good laugh last night about it. Like damn these guys sure like patting back and forth from FP to the dungeon.

Do you think this will stop when Battlegrounds come out? Any of the same experiences?
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I don't know what you are watching, but it isn't fucking reality.
    Hes talking about me saying Joe Biden has dementia. LOL

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehct View Post
    To start off: This post is not to bitch and whine. I understand the game mechanics and how people are allowed to gank as much as they want. I love ganking people

I play on Herod - Alliance. Since the honor system was released its basically been impossible to level outside of instances. I'm leveling a mage. Lvl 52 currently. Anytime Ive gotten into a group for BRD. Horde are camping Throium Point FP and Morgan's Vigil FP. Also camping the whole way both paths to the instance. I had a good laugh last night about it. Like damn these guys sure like patting back and forth from FP to the dungeon.

Do you think this will stop when Battlegrounds come out? Any of the same experiences?
    I rerolled on a RP-PvE server and I'll never leave, finally questing in peace and RPing at the same time. Let the edgy angst teens fight each other while I FINALLY enjoy this game

Nope, everything is really easy. I often even level up with proffesions
    Last edited by Starfals; 2019-12-04 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    I rerolled on a RP-PvE server and I'll never leave, finally questing in peace and RPing at the same time. Let the edgy angst teens fight each other while I FINALLY enjoy this game
    Yea I am thinking about doing the free transfer to a more dead server but Ill only do that if they will eventually release paid server transfers so I can transfer back to Herod. My goal with leveling a mage is to grind gold to buy epic mounts on my main and alt mage.
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.

On pve realms popular questing spots are still insanely camped too, it’s not just pvp where it’s hard to level in the open world

1) You need to understand that Classic is not about PvE. This was supposed to be 2-3 months affair but it's good that it's only going to be a month, everyone saw that coming. I get it that it sucks but this time is supposed to suck for casuals/people leveling.

2) It's not going to stop completely. Horde are going to get very long queues so they're gonna go out and look for some bonus honor in the world, so stay away from places that are easy to get to from a major city fast.

3) Personally I'm playing Alliance and I really like this scenario. Alliance is hugely favored mechanics wise but lacks numbers which makes for a very fun prospect for anyone that knows how to utilize that advantage. For someone who doesnt or has no intentions to PvP you might wanna consider your options: choosing a different PvP server (pretty sure that's not an option, all of them are Horde dominated, and BG Qs are cross realm anyway), reroll PvE server or change factions.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    BGs won't change shit. This is why you roll on a PvE realm unless you have a bunch of friends to protect you while leveling.
    Do you know if they said anything about putting in paid realm transfers?

Do you know if they said anything about putting in paid realm transfers?
    Even if they do, what makes you think you will be able to xfer between a pvp realm and a pve one? It was not allowed in Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Even if they do, what makes you think you will be able to xfer between a pvp realm and a pve one? It was not allowed in Vanilla.
    Damn I didn't know that. Yea I'd just transfer to a low pop PVP realm alliance favored then I guess. haha

low pop PVP realm alliance favored
    I dont think those exist.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Damn I didn't know that. Yea I'd just transfer to a low pop PVP realm alliance favored then I guess. haha
    cant beat em, join em! Not at all complaining because i agree, but its certainly why realm pops sway so much one way or the other,.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    PvP to PvE I believe was. PvE to PvP was not.

Quote Originally Posted by kneehidude View Post
    PvP to PvE I believe was. PvE to PvP was not.
    He said he wanted to xfer back after he levelled.

You need to get off PVP realms if you're going to whine.

PVE realms don't have ganking. You need to get a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Psygon View Post
    You need to get off PVP realms if you're going to whine.

PVE realms don't have ganking. You need to get a clue.
    I guess you never read the OP. I said.. "to start off this post: I am not complaining about the mechanics of the game and totally understand that anyone can gank anyone as much as they want and that I love to gank as well".

I think you need to chill out and read the OP before raging the fuck out lol.

Its still the same issue all over now.
    I know you didnt want to cry over this, but in some way, people actually do cry. Why?
    Because they didnt think it through when created a char on a PVP realm.
    Cos the reality is way different: its not about having fun ganking here and there and having a fun duel every now and then.
    People do organized group-rapes. They do anything to get honor. So its mostly a very unfair duel.
    The other thread was about not being able to enter the spire cos of raids camping the area.
    Now poeple cant even quest anymore cos of all the reaping going on.
    People who write about how bad it sux, you should really consider rerolling on pve, so you can decide when to pvp and when not. And BGs will be fun too, when they come out, cos it will be an organized pvp, and not some unfair orgy where you being held back from entering dungeons and questing. How is this fun for some?

This was pretty common in vanilla even when bgs launched. Will it stop? Yes, when people get tired of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    1) You need to understand that Classic is not about PvE. This was supposed to be 2-3 months affair but it's good that it's only going to be a month, everyone saw that coming. I get it that it sucks but this time is supposed to suck for casuals/people leveling.
    I will never understand this mindset. Classic is what you want to make of it, and it is absolutely about PvE just as much as it is about PvP. The fact that there are people on the internet who take pleasure in ruining for others is nothing new, it's always been around, and I think most people expected just the kind of ganking we're seeing now judging by the general mentality of the Vanilla private server players ("VaNiLlA iS pVp Go PlAy BfA nOoBs HuAhEsHuAhE"). It's a game and it's not your World of Warcraft any more than it is mine etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    I will never understand this mindset. Classic is what you want to make of it, and it is absolutely about PvE just as much as it is about PvP. The fact that there are people on the internet who take pleasure in ruining for others is nothing new, it's always been around, and I think most people expected just the kind of ganking we're seeing now judging by the general mentality of the Vanilla private server players ("VaNiLlA iS pVp Go PlAy BfA nOoBs HuAhEsHuAhE"). It's a game and it's not your World of Warcraft any more than it is mine etc etc.
    In vanilla you have tools to undermine your enemy. Resouces are contested, you can prevent your enemy from getting stronger, stomping them to the ground to the point that they cant do anything is one of them. So when you're saying that it's not my World of Warcraft you are wrong. Classic is created for people who had an idea for what kind of game they want to play, and here you see it come to life. So yeah, it's not your game but you also have the power to shape the gameplay, unlike retail where Blizzard is giving you a walk in the park on a tricycle, this is what people do not like.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    In vanilla you have tools to undermine your enemy. Resouces are contested, you can prevent your enemy from getting stronger, stomping them to the ground to the point that they cant do anything is one of them. So when you're saying that it's not my World of Warcraft you are wrong. Classic is created for people who had an idea for what kind of game they want to play, and here you see it come to life. So yeah, it's not your game but you also have the power to shape the gameplay, unlike retail where Blizzard is giving you a walk in the park on a tricycle, this is what people do not like.
    Don't you think it's a bit stupid to say that a game is not about PvE when the vast majority of its content is in fact PvE?
    Just because you can and have the tools to PvP does not mean everyone likes it or has to be actively involved, that's why there are plenty of PvE servers where more people should probably choose to play. I play on a PvP server even though I am more interested in PvE, fully knowing what I have set myself up for. I simply concede, without really letting it frustrate me, that there will always be people who enjoy preventing others from playing the game (which camping fps/instance portals is all about, you're not fooling anyone) and get on with my life elsewhere until they get bored.