Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Weren't people complaining about this since at least Pandaria?
    And we got WoD and Legion after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Yes they started to try to cater to girls more, but as an extra step id love if they removed damage racials so i can play something besides troll
    This. My hunter has been a Female Troll since 2006, and only in EP did I get shoes that cover my ridiculous spatula feet.
    However, Vulpera are too cute to pass up. Thoridal looks amazing on a Vulpera model, and since I play better when I actually enjoy looking at my character I'm sure my dps won't suffer... *Crais in bad dps after 8.3 race change*

XD WoW has been a cartoon filled with cute or funny things since vanilla, nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    snip.
    I'll give you your subtle argument since there's probably a few different words to describe what I was try to say but still going to be stubborn since your know what I was trying to say (distinct features or particular aspects of the older games, you won't see a cinematic with man exploding like you did in the d2 - baal was a real fucked up son of a bitch). You write very well, just hope you didn't take that long writing it all just to argue to someone random on the internet. (because you wrapped me in this for like 10-15 mins).

Never was demanding authority over anyone's opinion, complaining about the current state of the game or suffering any obsession about my lack of imaginary bloodlust satisfaction. Just liked it a little better when the games were darker because we were fighting demons, space bugs, aliens, warmongering orcs/trolls and those enemies are the ones to portray these grim, gruesome, grotesque atmosphere(s). Overall it's just an opinion I have on where the games went over the years. And then I even explained the reasons on why I think this, mostly to expand to a broader player base as this is a business overall.

Now cute is such a subjective word. You may find that dude cute for x-y-z reasons but someone else doesn't at all. Hence why people will have different views on what to describe as cute to them.

I'll try to use subtle better in the future you English buff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    This. My hunter has been a Female Troll since 2006, and only in EP did I get shoes that cover my ridiculous spatula feet.
    However, Vulpera are too cute to pass up. Thoridal looks amazing on a Vulpera model, and since I play better when I actually enjoy looking at my character I'm sure my dps won't suffer... *Crais in bad dps after 8.3 race change*
    Same, i even told my guild. Plus i want more bag space

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, wow has not always been "cute."

Warcraft has always had humorous elements and a few off-kilter comic relief/cute things that you can find *if* you go digging, but that has obviously never been mainstream or the focus...

Until panda land came around. Ever since big dumb care bears became a thing, the game has been pushing the boundaries further and further in this particular regard. I'm definitely not a fan.
    I mostly enjoy mature, natural and badass architecture. Having a cow was already too much, but i grew enjoying them as much. But vulpera, i have been against and now i just will pretend they don't exist even when i see one. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, they are adding cute races but there have been cute things for a while. So I do not think it is a problem.

Though I always thought WoW was above adding our a small furry race (as we see in plenty of MMOs). But hey, I will play them, they look fun as hell.

...Meanwhile we have daddy cthulhu destroying the world with body horror, so I think it balances it out.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    It's simple biology, and you've failed spectacularly. You can't even back up your own claim. Good day.

- - - Updated - - -

You have some cognitive dissonance here; lemme help you out.
    Just because there aren't two factions anymore doesn't mean there won't be war. Could finally get some good Nelf vs Forsaken shit going for once.
    Well there's fan fiction for that sort of stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys hang on I just realized this thread is made by someone literally calling himself "Morbidius".
    I think that says enough about his opinions on whimsical stuff balancing out grimdark stuff.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Contrary to popular belief, wow has not always been "cute."

Warcraft has always had humorous elements and a few off-kilter comic relief/cute things that you can find *if* you go digging, but that has obviously never been mainstream or the focus...

Until panda land came around. Ever since big dumb care bears became a thing, the game has been pushing the boundaries further and further in this particular regard. I'm definitely not a fan.
    The "big dumb care bears" would like a word with you.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/st...a/red-blossoms
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/st...ength-of-steel
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    They can dress it up however they want. Doesn't change the fact that they're still pandas, something that would be dead if humans hadn't stepped in and stopped mother nature.

Such fierce. Many anger. Wow. Big fright.

I don't care what something DOES. It's how it LOOKS that impacts my immersion. Cute furries are an abomination.

They can dress it up however they want. Doesn't change the fact that they're still pandas, something that would be dead if humans hadn't stepped in and stopped mother nature.

Such fierce. Many anger. Wow. Big fright.

I don't care what something DOES. It's how it LOOKS that impacts my immersion. Cute furries are an abomination.
    Those damn furry humanoids just ruin the lore. Look at this one being all cute and furry. Disgusting.

Ooh or this one's a classic, with an actual pandaren:

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Furries working in the art department will get you that stuff and Ardenweald
    *snort* Furries? Piss off. You scared of anthropomorphic characters, then I'd suggest to stay away from a majority of MMO's. Even so, World of Warcraft has had anthro characters since its Warcraft days.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Those damn furry humanoids just ruin the lore. Look at this one being all cute and furry. Disgusting.
    Wolfs basically never look "cute" the same way a fucking brony or a panda does. Animals designed to kill are not furry in most cases (though, again, since panda they've pushed this, with the introduction of "cute" female worgens), though I don't support the addition of any non-wc3 MAIN non-gag races.

The panda... still looks like some fat fuck from kung fu panda...

The fact that a person with a Brony profile picture is attempting to argue with me that cute can be deadly and intimidating still is the icing on the cake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    *snort* Furries? Piss off. You scared of anthropomorphic characters, then I'd suggest to stay away from a majority of MMO's. Even so, World of Warcraft has had anthro characters since its Warcraft days.
    It's not an all or nothing proposition. There are plenty of animals in the animal kingdom that are dangerous and scary, or at least neutral. Just stick to those. Anything that makes people go "AWWW KAWAII DESU NE!" can stay the fuck out of the game. That goes for: foxes, cats, pandas, puppies (not dogs, puppies), hamsters, etc.

I just typed "cute animals" into google and got basically everything on my list and more: kitten, panda, sloth, red panda, hedgehog, hamster, otter, any type of fox, seal, etc. It's not hard to tell if something is "cute" versus "fierce." Just dont... add... cute...

10+ Year Old Account
    The artstyle lends itself to these things and Warcraft leans on more serious things. Its not Warhammer or Dark Souls level of edgyness but its not some lighthearted affair. Also this thread...lol
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

You have to have some cute.
    How else would you make a war? The cute has to be seriously threatened by something.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbidius View Post
    While playing Shadowlands demo on Blizzcon, I've faced stewards of Kyryian covenant - owl-like humanoids. It felt mismatched to see such a cute species in the death realm. In parallel to that vulpera race felt the same way in terms of warcraft fantasy - mismatched. Should I say that making them death knights feels dissonant.
    Imo Wow never was a dark fantasy and there was always place for humor and absurd. But I can't remember WoW universe having such examples of cutiness like lately, however, I might be wrong. How do you feel about stewards and vulpera? Do they match WoW fantasy in your opionion?

Targeting a demographic more likely to stick around and sub longer. COS players and furries.

Money talks.

5+ Year Old Account
    I just wanted to traverse the forums peacefully see what topic its new to give my opinion...

and then @FelPlague just crushed my mental image of Owls being beautifull creatures... WTF was that, did it just kidnaped a fricking baby eagle?? wholy shit

A yes the topic..... you want a grim dark warcraft??? then go to the original, its call WARHAMMER... oh you want a grim dark future??? 40K WARHAMMER!!! its there...

Women account for something like ~85% of all consumer purchases, with 61% of consumer electronic purchases being made by women as well.

Article about it that's heavily sourced: https://girlpowermarketing.com/stati...g-power-women/

It's why you see advertisers appealing to women more nowadays in general. And it's probably why WoW is "becoming more cute". There is a large population of women that play WoW compared to other video game series, it makes perfect business sense to appeal to them and their wallets.

TL;DR we're giant cash cows ladies. I mean ask yourself, how many women do you know that regularly make outside purchases to the game on cute pets/mounts/etc and how common would you say it is compared to how regularly you see men doing the same?