Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    They just need to stop removing things, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    They have placed an increased emphasis on 'you had to be there' prestige/content in recent years: the legendary cloak/rings, the MC anniversary mount as you pointed out, the mage tower appearances, and now this mount.

I understand that prestige is very important to some people but personally I think its just plain dumb to remove content from the game (outside of like, story-mandated changes) and I wish they'd stop doing it.
    It's dumb to make this the "you had to be there" content, for several reasons:

1) You can never "out gear" the grind for this content; you could with things like Mage Tower.
    2) There's already gonna be a legendary cloak with its own sub-system for "you had to be there" content.
    3) They didn't tell us until after the new expansion got announced that this was a limited time offer.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    he quit when 5/8 sets he picked out were no longer obtainable.
    Other than T3 and MoP Challange mode.. what sets have been removed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    It's dumb to make this the "you had to be there" content, for several reasons:

1) You can never "out gear" the grind for this content; you could with things like Mage Tower.
    2) There's already gonna be a legendary cloak with its own sub-system for "you had to be there" content.
    3) They didn't tell us until after the new expansion got announced that this was a limited time offer.
    Agreed. That's my biggest objection, that they didn't say anything until the 16th month of the expansion, and even then they only announced it because someone noticed a change on the PTR and made a forum topic about it.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't care lol I got it the first day because I'm not a dirty peasant. If it stayed I wouldn't care. Removing it means nothing to me.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Limited time high rank PvP gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Caracra View Post
    Do you remember when Blizzard used to say they didn't want to ever create content that would be removed, and AQ was an experiment of the first time of them putting in content that would be removed? Pepperidge farm remembers.
    Source please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Elite pvp sets.
    Like these badass sets (Sets do not work fully on model veiwer... Some paerts are missing, and most of them are missign their special effects)
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    First of all, here is the link: https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...inable-in-901/

I just haft to laugh. Cause in the next expansion I would bet money, that a new game-changing gold sink will appear. They are a bunch of hypocrites. First he says they want a slow amount of gold inflation, but then they make game systems (First being soloing raids for a lot of gold, later WOD and legion table missions and world quests etc) that creates inflation problems, and their solution is making things on a vendor cost a lot.
    I think this is a little different of a topic than the point you seem to be arguing. WoW has never had good gold sinks implemented that did that... Reforge was a better gold sink than any of the mounts because of the nature of reforging. Transmog is a slightly weaker goldsink but still a far beter means of removing money from the playerbase than the overpriced mounts.

If you want to discuss bad gold sinks and their removal leading to more inflation... an optional overpriced one time purchase isn't going to really be a major issue here. a better issue on gold inflation is the pointless nature of most consumables compared to before due to the crack down on player's buffed performances... previously one could seek out a multitude of elixir effects and stack them with flasks and potions could have more than ONE per fight as an example, but now... ONE flask, elixir aren't really a thing, one potion per fight unless you pre-pot... they tried to add more consumables with BFA but who really goes out of their way to get the blacksmithing or jewlcrafting ones (not counting cut gems). The issue, in my opinion, for inflation isn't really about how players are making their gold, but rather the outlets they have to spend it not amounting to much once you reach a certain point.

You're right about one thing, they are going to add another pointless gold sink. It will be something more like a reskinned cosmetic mount or some toys... like they've always been doing. Maybe more interaction with BMAH that will be entirely optional... cause they don't know how to implement a proper gold sink and use it as such.

The inflation part isn't really relevant. There's going to be inflation in nearly any game, no matter how complex the markets or hands off the devs are. It's going to happen no matter what. So the main part is that they don't want everyone having the AH mount. If they leave it up, even if inflation barely happens by some miracle, eventually nearly everyone could save enough to buy the mount if they wanted to. Given inflation is a thing the number of people that will be able to afford the mount, through much less effort than it currently takes now, is going to skyrocket. Meaning the mount will not only become worthless as a prestige thing, but it will also kill one of the big reasons people have to go to main cities, visiting the AH.

So honestly, getting rid of the mount to me makes sense and is a good move.

Reforging and transmog aren't great goldsinks because they're regressive; in other words they hit poor people more than rich ones. What you want to do is take money out of the game from rich dudes that borderline exploited gold missions like me. A progressive goldsink. And the way to do that is what I said earlier, make the AH mount item BoE and tell players there will never, ever, be another AH mount offered to players.

gold inflation occurred prior to MOP, one of the reasons they added BMAH. not going to find the blue post, announcement and reason they gave. but it was for players to blow their wealth on for mounts, old removed items, raid/pvp gear, etc. i played on 5 servers at the time, items were hitting max BMAH gold cap in first days of MOP.

i rolled with 1.6 mil gold into MOP on main server, had around 200-600k on other servers. MOP actually removed alot of my gold, thru reforging, re-gemming /enchanting etc due to constant gear upgrades.

WOD made me good gold in garrisons, but not from the gold missions as much as herbing/mining everyday, making bags, selling enchant scrolls with gift version enchants even though having no enchanters using level 3 ench hut.

Legion start i got lucky with getting five 101-level equip epics, which were insta start BIS for 110's. i got around 7 mil gold for them.

BFA had the same system, with 111-level equip epics that were around 350 i-level. depending on what you got...with a socket, WF 355+, +leech they sold for 2-15mil++ each

BMAH became less of a gold sink other than the loot chance crates, blizzard is pumping life now back into BMAH with more mounts, returning it back to MOP status with items players want
    Last edited by pinkz; 2019-12-08 at 02:50 AM.

Elite pvp sets.
    Like these badass sets (Sets do not work fully on model veiwer... Some paerts are missing, and most of them are missign their special effects)
    Then its even worse, not sure why are you competing but that means even more content is missing, and more and more will be unavailable each expansion, each season.

Thats absolute garbage approach to new customers when it comes to completionists or collectors.

i hate it, a game should grow and grow, not grow and shrink. there is so many things that when i introduce new people to wow say "i want dis" then i have to say "sorry cant, no longer in the game"
    I had a friend who leveled to 98 in i think 2 days, then they heard about transmogging, and i showed them wowhead told them to pick some sets, and i will tell em how easily we can get them for him!

he quit when 5/8 sets he picked out were no longer obtainable.
    also 3 of the 9 mounts he picked.
    Which sets?

I can only presume elite pvp?

I would mind buy Brutosaur mount if they could resize it better than using toy to make it smaller... I mean it doesn't look or feel "It's SO COOL MOUNT" mehhhh

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Which sets?

I can only presume elite pvp?
    Teir 3 warrior
    Challenge mode warrior
    and a few elite sets, including the warlords one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Then its even worse, not sure why are you competing but that means even more content is missing, and more and more will be unavailable each expansion, each season.

Thats absolute garbage approach to new customers when it comes to completionists or collectors.
    what? im confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    They have placed an increased emphasis on 'you had to be there' prestige/content in recent years: the legendary cloak/rings, the MC anniversary mount as you pointed out, the mage tower appearances, and now this mount.

I understand that prestige is very important to some people but personally I think its just plain dumb to remove content from the game (outside of like, story-mandated changes) and I wish they'd stop doing it.
    It's going to the black market AH, so it's not totally gone from the game like plenty of other things that shouldn't be gone from the game.

"Boooo hoooo i wont have this in a couple years playing casualy" Thats what i hear. Ppl that busted their asses farming for it should be rewarded for the time they spent doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    It's going to the black market AH, so it's not totally gone from the game like plenty of other things that shouldn't be gone from the game.
    That's a valid point, yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    "Boooo hoooo i wont have this in a couple years playing casualy" Thats what i hear. Ppl that busted their asses farming for it should be rewarded for the time they spent doing it.
    People hear what they want to hear.

And I for one don't consider installing a bunch of addons and playing the AH to be 'busting their asses' - I've made around 700k gold in the past 8 or 9 days and it took less effort than running an outleveled dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Now, after 4th exclusive expansion to cater to special snowflakes that have fantasy of people drooling over their gear, more and more content is being removed.
    That is extremely bad for new players.
    It's also bad for returning players. For instance, avid WoW fans who might be on deployment without access to the game for long periods of time.

The entire concept of protecting special snowflake elitism and exclusivity is bad for the game in general. But Blizzard appears to be banking on the idea of entrenching their super hard-core fans even more than they already are, I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    The BMAH is a fucking awful solution that only serves to further exclusivity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kendros View Post
    It seems like you're implying that only people who put in work during a specific timeframe should be rewarded instead of ANYONE who puts in work.

It's the "putting in the work" part that's important, not when you put it in.