Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Essences should not be account wide. The catchups for gear and AP are WAY too strong and Essences are currently the only form of character progression left. Taking that away would "finish" an alt on 120 after 2-3 evenings of playtime.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Gear should be account wide
    level should be account wide
    yeh
    I have to say that I strongly disagree with this sentiment.

We're not asking for gear or levels - or anything else to be account wide - just some sort of essence progression.

The fact is that you are seriously hamstrung without them at just playing the game - getting the gear should be the hard and long part, I'm ok with that. Getting the gear to get the gear isn't a system that's enjoyable, or challenging, or immersive - it's just a ballache.

I think you should be able to raid or dungeon, and get gear from that - rather than worry about how many dailies you have done in order to be able to compete.

Make dailies award fun things, not essential things imo.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    nearly no chance to change one around through a whole raid...
    I don't know, I change mine quite a bit. But then again, not every class is the same. I recall this issue a few years back - I was calling out before every boss that I'm changing my glyphs and the rest of our raiders started making fun. Like the DK was saying: I'm gonna change mine too, I'm gonna use snowflakes.
    So yeah, some classes, especially dps ones, don't have loads of options. For tanks for example it's more flexible, because you choose based on damage type, number of adds, needed mobility, ablities that need to be soaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Augusta138 View Post
    I dont wanna be held back to play the alt i like because i lack the essences making my alt useless for m+ or raiding.

There simply is too much time needed to get most essences and that is ridiculous if you play alts.
    Vision-R3, Iris-R3, Conflict-R3, Crucible-R3 are acquired passive if you play the min-max for your alts each week. Timegating does the heavy lifting and the playtime you need is minimal.

BotE-R3 with the current honor exploit right now is done in one evening.
    LifeForce-R3 is not even worth it with the 8.3 nerfs, so there is no need to even spend any time in raids for it.

What else do you want? Most other essences are either simulationChamps or simply just bad. Are you really crying about LucidDreams? For most specs its similar to Conflict and if you really want the only essence that forces you, wait for it, forces you to do - DAILY 3 WORLD QUESTS for 2 weeks, than just do it, if you really want everything for your "ALT".
    -

Why do some people always take things to the extreme when arguing.. Essence progression and gear progression is not the same grind.

Some Essences require days in Battlegrounds or weeks of reputation farming, it haves nothing to do with gear/level progression, just time gating repetitive content.
    Getting exalted with Mechagon/Nazjatar on 4 alts is honestly really annoying.

I see the point that essences from m+ and raids, shouldnt be accountwide - But you can get those within a day.

I haven't played alrs properly for the whole expansion. 8.2 and Essences killed my all desire to do so. Maybe in Shadowlands.

Bare fucking minimum we should have at least rank 1 of each essence we already have. That way blizz can keep up with this illusion of farming/content they want and we can actually play alts and not get gimped.
    The level between zero essence and having rank 1 is so huge that ur so gimped until u get 1 thats good for ur sepc.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Vision-R3, Iris-R3, Conflict-R3, Crucible-R3 are acquired passive if you play the min-max for your alts each week. Timegating does the heavy lifting and the playtime you need is minimal.

BotE-R3 with the current honor exploit right now is done in one evening.
    LifeForce-R3 is not even worth it with the 8.3 nerfs, so there is no need to even spend any time in raids for it.

What else do you want? Most other essences are either simulationChamps or simply just bad. Are you really crying about LucidDreams? For most specs its similar to Conflict and if you really want the only essence that forces you, wait for it, forces you to do - DAILY 3 WORLD QUESTS for 2 weeks, than just do it, if you really want everything for your "ALT".
    Vision R2 + R3 means you need to run mechagon each week on each character for your upgrades. I am not sure how much time you can spend on the game but i would want to run different dungeons than only mechagon.

Mechagon essences: the reputation requirement is fine. The cost is not.
    I dont want to farm 400 spare crates to get rank 2 of essences.

I also dont want to farm 30k honor on each character i play for rank 2/3 essence.

And i can go on, but whats the point.

If you play alts and you want more essences you have to keep doing the same boring chores to get the same rank you already worked for.

And i also dont see how essences can be called char progression by others.

All i want is that the game would be more alt friendly. And i dont see the issue with changing essences to achieve that.

‐-------

Also, that your class doesnt benefit from most essences doesnt go for all of them.

A lot of classed actually need different essences and even swap for different affixes / raid bosses and what not.
    Last edited by Augusta138; 2019-12-09 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yeah along with all your gear, reputations, quest completions, PvP honour ... make EVERYTHING account wide.

That way you don't need to have alts - because every time you create a character is is max level, fully geared and nothing to do.
    Well, unless you make the alts for the things that you can't experience on the same char:
    - class specific quest chains (like order hall and mount quests in legion)
    - faction specific quests (alliance has different zones and stories for horde in bfa for example, a different campaign too)
    - the feel of the class in dungeons and raids, the option to try a new role
    - professions

I'm saying this because this is why I play alts. I'm not interested in gearing them or farming reps on them. I haven't even opened Mechagon on more than one alt (one char for each faction), because "been here, done that". And I'm not gonna take a 400 ilvl tank to tank for my guildies when they're geared 445 ilvl, I'll use my main for that.
    I'm sure SOME people have fun gearing their alts and it would ruin it for them. But I wonder if people would play more or less if WoW had a system akin to FF14, where you can have all classes on one char and experience EVERYTHING on it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yeah along with all your gear, reputations, quest completions, PvP honour ... make EVERYTHING account wide.

That way you don't need to have alts - because every time you create a character is is max level, fully geared and nothing to do.

/sarcasm off.

Seriously - if you don't want to play an alt, then don't play an alt. If you want to play one - play one
    Newsflash: Honor is account wide. Your pvp honor level is shared across your characters. So you arent punished if you swap characters and lose out on the rewards like mounts / pets etc.

I would like to play alts without being restricted by regaining the same achievements and doing the same boring stuff i did already on another char.

There is literally nothing challenging about doing the same daily quests over and over again to hit a certain treshold to be able to buy an essence.

Mechagon currencies are a pain even on 1 character... 40 spare crates for R3 essence... thats just retarded.

And i can go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    I'm saying the cosmetic ranks aren't an interesting enough focus point here. Quite clear OP is talking about the essence ranks that make a difference to gameplay.

The hyperbole you just spewed isn't even based in reality, just some counter to some imaginary point that I never even said.
    So do talent make differance in gameplay and nobody every said made them accountwide.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Got it, was easy just had to loot some dumb chest after waiting for 19 people to actually pay attention for 10minutes
    Well there always are some people who buy boosts :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah, they arnt challenging to obtain, those that grant power atleast.
    So? neither is leveling and gaining talents, nor is gearing and etc most power progress in wow is and always has being pretty easy.

- - - Updated - - -

The essence system is flawed at is core.

Remember the hoa +15 ilvl quests at Friendly / Honored / Revered?

They said: just earn it on all character because it is so impactful.

1 patch later: it was account wide. 1 character needed to have said rep levels to gain those 45 ilvls on your neck.

Nothing about essences is challenging since they are major time sinks and really boring content and most of us need to choose between farming essences or playing whatever class they want.

You have earned all essences on a character and decide to swap to try it out, before you can try them out there is already enough repetitive content:

Gearing (solved with Benthic gear)
    HoA catch up: atleast you get up to lvl 35 after hitting 120. Then there is still a lot to unlock and farm again:

- mechagon / nazjatar zones (20-30 mins each so fine eith that)
    - then there is the tedious grind to get essences. Rank 1 is nice and all but you have to put in a lot of time and effort to get rank 2.

I dont mind regearing a character and i dont mind re-opening certain zones.

Just refarming the same achievements and reputation over and over again just for minor gains from essences is really boring content.

For myself and the time i play it is a big hassle to actually gain the essences and it just is a bad design.

All these catch up system gearwise and then essences are such a painful part of gearing your character.
    Yeah it was changed because people are lazy.

So how on how many characters you have the mythic azshara essence.

Benthic is way tii powerful and max ilevel should have always being 415 max.
    well if they are so minor gains you can always ignore them on allts :P

Your arguments feels more like I'm just too lazy to do anything eventhough AP is pratically gone and I would maybe accept your arguments if there was still and ap farm.

And i also dont see how essences can be called char progression by others.
    Because they impact your powerlevels just as much as old-broken-trinkets, old-broken-weapons and whatever OP stuff there was in game.

Its even worse than anything before, because its a multiplicator and with the current power creep issues, it would be destructive to the game when new/fresh alts start out with such a huge multiplicator.

I dont even understand the reasons for this discussions. If you want 3 essences you have at least 4-5 very easy to get without any massive grinding. If you want more and want to basicly switch your MAIN, you have to do more. You dont need any special kind of essences for your weekly-10-key, nor for the arena chest, nor do you need BotE for your WorldQuests.

If a mythic raider feels the need to gear the 6. character with BotE to have options in the new raid tier at mythic difficulty, thats another issue and something that is only affect the 0.01%.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Yeah, I have the same problem with PVP talents. I was able to simply close it and forget about it before some patch. But since some moment Blizzard decided, that they need to spam this crap to force me to choose PVP talents. Despite of fact, that I play with WarMode permanently off and therefore don't need them and never will.

- - - Updated - - -

I need to try it. Does it work for all kinds of that messages?
    i think so for essences slot available, it worked. And it's for talents too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    i think so for essences slot available, it worked. And it's for talents too.
    Yeah, it works, thx. It's so bad, when you need addon to fix problem, created by devs themselves.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    So do talent make differance in gameplay and nobody every said made them accountwide.

- - - Updated - - -

Well there always are some people who buy boosts :P

- - - Updated - - -

So? neither is leveling and gaining talents, nor is gearing and etc most power progress in wow is and always has being pretty easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah it was changed because people are lazy.

So how on how many characters you have the mythic azshara essence.

Benthic is way tii powerful and max ilevel should have always being 415 max.
    well if they are so minor gains you can always ignore them on allts :P

Your arguments feels more like I'm just too lazy to do anything eventhough AP is pratically gone and I would maybe accept your arguments if there was still and ap farm.
    Mythic Aszhara essence is cosmetic. I dont care for cosmetic essence one bit.
    Benthic is fine as it is. Even the ilvl but putting gem slots on them ruined their power. (Blizzard was aware of this issue but it was too late to change.)
    Essences are just freaking boring to farm and bring nothing new to any of my alts in terms of replayability.
    They want you to play more for their Mau's. And thats why they arent account wide.
    However, i am moving away from playing more chars because of the essence farm. Only playing my main for x many hours.
    And at some point i will just not care anymore and they will lose mau's because of it.

Talents account wide... good plan. A warrior with warlock talents. /s
    The system isnt any fun at all, and since it is such a huge power gain it is retarded it has to be regained on each char you level up.
    Last edited by Augusta138; 2019-12-09 at 03:09 PM.

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I legit don't understand how people have empty essence slots on alts. Like jesus, how do you get to 54-60 Heart level without doing the first Nazjatar quests, ONE island cap, a LEVEL FRICKIN 4 M+, kill 25 players, win a couple BG's, getting honored with the new factions... I could actually go on. I fill my alts essence slots by accident just from playing them in pretty much any content that exists. You have to actually go out of your way to avoid getting 3 essences and miss out on a LOT of stuff because of that.

What are you even doing with your time? Pet battling?

Like, I get it, farming max rank essences or maybe even getting your BiS ones on alts can be annoying. But walking around with empty essence slots you must not be playing the game at all.
    Pretty much share the same question, how the hell do you play, what are you even doing with your Alts if you don't engage with any content that provide essences? If you quite frankly don't even do current content that provide essences you don't need them to farm old raids or do pet battles.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ssences/111552

Made a post about Azerite Essences,
    My main gripes with the system:
    - Alt friendlyness or the lack there off. playing alts is becoming difficult because either:
    A: getting the essences is a pain
    B: without essences it isnt optimal for the things i like to do (in before all the shitposts: yes you can play them without essences, aware of that)

- repetitive and really boring content:
    Nobody likes to farm the same reputation and materials over and over again to unlock essences. (Mechagon / Nazjatar / EP / Honor)

And for all the people saying that the progress or hard work from others who already have done the above things for alts:
    - most essences will be easier to acquire with 8.3.

Although it still introduces a certain amount of time and reputation farming involved to actually take use of it.

Benthic Gear and the upcoming Black Empire gear will introduce a lot of systems to actually gear up alts to certain ilvls and get you started, however without essences they will still not be as strong or viable as other characters and introducing once again the same annoying grind for the same essences you already did grind multiple times.
    There is zero chance of account wide essences in 8.3, they have already adjusted the difficulty and cost of several of them to ease the burden on alts and that's as far as they're going with it.

Regardless of our feelings about it, Blizzard simply does not believe in a game where your main does all the work for your alts. Honestly its a miracle we have stuff like benthic gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    In some sense, a few essences ARE account wide currently - You can acquire BoA Mechagon rep atm, allowing you to quickly hit revered with Mechagon for that essence. They are also making Naz BoA rep tokens next patch with pearls, and I believe its' 1 100 rep token for 5 pearls (And personally I'm sitting on so many damn pearls now it's crazy). As they are also lowering the requirement for the essences down a rank each, I feel the rep-related essences are a non-issue.

To be honest, there are only 2 category of essences I would make the requirements for BoA atm - The Honor essences (Because 30k honor IS a significant time grind atm - You basically get all the marks you need by the time you are done with that rep grind), and the Eternal Palace essences (Eternal Palace runs will be about as common as BoD runs are now - That is, not at all). It's not hard to get the rank 2 M+ essences, nor is it difficult to get rank 2 Conflict and Strife. For a decent number of the essences, their rank 3 powers are only a minor QoL/damage increase over their rank 2 variants.
    30k honor is not a significant time grind. You're talking ~30 mins of playtime daily for about a month and a half, with the option to just nolife it fairly efficiently if you choose so (compared to the rep essences, which are just hard timegated behind daily qeusts). I'm not sure if anyone actually uses the honor essence in major slot, but for the classes I play, the rank 3 minor is really minor upgrade from the rank 2, which is just 10k honor and you get that passively just from doing some pvp before you'd be able to realistically win pvp island anyway.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play most of my alts on a regular basis, i got 5-6 alts with lvl 65-69 hoa necks and my main has a lvl 70 neck for weeks now.

However i dont think it is any fun for anyone to regrind all reputation / currencies / achievements on all the alts to actually get the same essences.
    That is simply really boring and i dont wanna spend so much time on it.

I dont wanna be held back to play the alt i like because i lack the essences making my alt useless for m+ or raiding.

There simply is too much time needed to get most essences and that is ridiculous if you play alts.
    While there is some merit in what you say, I can't really say that I agree entirely either.

As others have said, the idea of making it easier to get the essences you need on alts after you have it on your main is fine, but making it free on alts is going too far.

Where your argument is weak, IMO, is that you're overstating what your needs are relating to alts. I think there is absolutely merit in characters obtaining power through time and effort put into that character. Playing an alt doesn't mean you have to get that alt to exactly the same level of power. I mean, of course you can, but there should be implications for doing so - like that your characters aren't quite as powerful as someone who puts all their efforts into their main. It should be a trade off - focus on one for maximum power, or split your focus for more options, but a bit less power.

For what it's worth, I currently have 4 alts (other than my main). Getting 3 decent essences for each was hardly an issue. I don't feel I need all of them. I don't need the rank 4s. And I don't even need the BiS ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    However, i am moving away from playing more chars because of the essence farm. Only playing my main for x many hours.
    Get a toon to 120, send it a bunch of Benthic gear, run a +4 and bam - you've got a powerful essence. It really isn't as difficult or awful as you're trying to make it sound.

And in 8.3 Nazjatar and Mechagon essences start at friendly rep, at half the current costs.