15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    Theo and Connal are in another thread and Dacian made his usual post out of now where about nothing then disappear trick.

They're around.
    Specifically this thread

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Hes brave. I dont see theo, connal, ghostpanther, daciaen(sp) or zenkai anywhere
    Honestly, who even gives a shit? The Woke Centrists will just continue to go with their super narrow 'The inquiry will just make the Partisan Democrats look bad!' spin, ignore the context of the situation as usual, then continue jerking themselves off upon their high horse when Republicans refuse to remove Trump and blame it squarely on the Dems for even trying. While the sockpuppets will continue throwing up other people's talking points an opinions about shit they either willfully misunderstand or choose to never actually inform themselves about.

It's fucking exhausting, really.
    Last edited by Citizen T; 2019-12-11 at 03:47 AM. Reason: infracted for trolling

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Oh don't worry, they'll make an appearance when Trump's henchmen in the Senate piss on the Constitution and the rule of law and acquit Trump. And they'll say we all swore impeachment here would remove Trump, even though litterally nobody is saying that (and it also isn't the point of impeaching Trump... it's at best a reach goal).

The Trumphadi cult at large has operated in the worst of faith from the get go, so there is no reason to think that will change now. But it's ultimately irrelevant, because Impeachment for trying to cheat in the 2020 election will now be Donald Trump's main historic legacy, from now until the end of time.

They'll keep their President for a time. But we'll have essentially destroyed him as a President and indicted them for their moral treason. And that's a very positive thing for America.
    Yeah im just glad to see the powers that be actually be held accountable because i had lost faith in that with bush

10000 to 1 odds he actually says one word under oath in front of the senate.....

he will cry due process, his rights, he wants too, he will....then be a no show because its a "witch hunt" or something stupid his followers will lap up
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Bots have been nuts on social media today. Troll farms, probably. But the bizarre trending tags and discussion-bombs of identical nonsense across various platforms has been pretty interesting to watch, especially as it happened almost on the dot as democrats announced articles.

I'm a little disappointed by just two articles. I haven't gotten into the guts of these, but I feel like we could have gotten repeat counts of both of these. Trump could have been hit with 10 counts of obstruction, and that would give both sides fodder to vote for and against some to appease their bases. On the other hand, having fewer means that they do have to make a stand on the issue and their vote matters, so I guess there's that.

Also, @TexasRules, I don't want to appeal to reason when it seems like you have none. But you do nothing but parrot the party line, verbatim. All of the rest of us here have views all across the spectrum; while us left-leaning folks generally agree on Trump being a piece of shit, we have wildly different ideas on why and what to do about it, and those views often conflict with Democrat talking points. You, on the other hand, repeat word for word the things that the GOP is saying in the media. Take a step back and think about this.
    The only thoughts Trumpkins have on anything are the talking points they receive from Alt-Right youtubers, Trump knob slobbers on Capital Hill, and the Cheetos daddy himself. Which is why are always found their go to insult for a few months "NPC" to be so hilariously ironic coming from them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    10000 to 1 odds he actually says one word under oath in front of the senate.....

he will cry due process, his rights, he wants too, he will....then be a no show because its a "witch hunt" or something stupid his followers will lap up
    Wouldn't touch that bet with a ten foot pole. I fully expect Trump to be hogtied and gagged by his real lawyers, lol Giuliani, if he even gives the slightest sign of testifying during the trial.

While the senate removing him is still unlikely, it's not impossible. Many republican senators are cowards and care more about their job than the country, this is true. So if the vote were truly anonymous I'm willing to bet Trump would be gone.

This is the GOP's last chance. They can still remove Trump and get almost a full year of damage control and repair work done. They can still save the senate and many other races. They still have time to prevent being viewed as the corrupt party of traitors for the next few decades (at a minimum).
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2019-12-10 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    While the senate removing him is still unlikely, it's not impossible. Many republican senators are cowards and care more about their job than the country, this is true. So if the vote were truly anonymous I'm willing to bet Trump would be gone.

This is the GOP's last chance. They can still remove Trump and get almost a full year of damage control and repair work done. They can still save the senate and many other races. They still have time to prevent being viewed as the corrupt party of traitors for the next few decades (at a minimum).
    Only chance I think is after the primaries when the Republican senators can vote for conviction without fearing being outed by a Trumper in the primary.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Only chance I think is after the primaries when the Republican senators can vote for conviction without fearing being outed by a Trumper in the primary.
    Holy. Shit.

Wyrt, have you seen this suggested before? Because that would be THE solution to the whole primaried issue GOP candidates have with dumping Trump. If they waited until post-primary is over, they could vote to impeach knowing it wouldn't bite them in the ass until 2026. Same with any Senator who is up in 2024 - four years is a LONG time (as we all know, /sadface-for-this-country-under-Trump's-rein). If McConnell "whips" the senators into groups, everyone coming up in 2022 could vote against impeachment, and the 2024's and 2026's could vote to impeach. Trump's gone and the comebacks won't be seen for years.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Because that would be THE solution to the whole primaried issue GOP candidates have with dumping Trump.
    Still not. There would inevitably be "punishment" for them from the Trump base the next time they're up for election.

And there won't, and shouldn't be, a secret ballot, either. We need to know how these people vote, it matters.

Holy. Shit.

Wyrt, have you seen this suggested before? Because that would be THE solution to the whole primaried issue GOP candidates have with dumping Trump. If they waited until post-primary is over, they could vote to impeach knowing it wouldn't bite them in the ass until 2026. Same with any Senator who is up in 2024 - four years is a LONG time (as we all know, /sadface-for-this-country-under-Trump's-rein). If McConnell "whips" the senators into groups, everyone coming up in 2022 could vote against impeachment, and the 2024's and 2026's could vote to impeach. Trump's gone and the comebacks won't be seen for years.
    Nah Trump's base would hurt them later on as long as the base stands by Trump they wouldn't dare, these GOP members want to be senators for life. The only way is for them to lose the senate badly.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Still not. There would inevitably be "punishment" for them from the Trump base the next time they're up for election.

And there won't, and shouldn't be, a secret ballot, either. We need to know how these people vote, it matters.
    I agree no secret ballot, but a political way "out" would be attractive.

Four years is a LONG time to remember. If Trump is convicted and removed, especially with GOP voting against him, the base might dissipate by then. Enough for the GOP not to get primaried by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The only way is for them to lose the senate badly.
    Do you really think that would matter? They'll still be beholden to the new "Trump base" to get elected, and it seems pretty apparent that the Republican mentality is to either get out now (see: tons of retirements since Trump was elected) or largely double down and try to protect their own political future over doing their duty (see: well...this discussion over impeachment voting).

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nah Trump's base would hurt them later on as long as the base stands by Trump they wouldn't dare, these GOP members want to be senators for life. The only way is for them to lose the senate badly.
    I would disagree, because memories can be short, and if Trump is in jail, etc. Also, if the political tide turned against Trump, and the full GOP wasn't pushing lies and gaslighting the country, the truth of Trump crimes would be clearer, and therefore easier to say "I'm not with him" in four years.

March 3rd is Super Tuesday when 13 states hold a primary.
    I don't think they'll drag that out for that long.

However, that would have to be it I would think.

I would disagree, because memories can be short, and if Trump is in jail, etc. Also, if the political tide turned against Trump, and the full GOP wasn't pushing lies and gaslighting the country, the truth of Trump crimes would be clearer, and therefore easier to say "I'm not with him" in four years.
    I simply don't see it happening right wing media would rail against them 24/7, the reason Trump is not getting removed from office is Sinclair Broadcasting and the Murdoch empire gas lighting the base every day.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    March 3rd is Super Tuesday when 13 states hold a primary.
    I don't think they'll drag that out for that long.

However, that would have to be it I would think.
    Shoot - that's too far out.

- - - Updated - - -

I simply don't see it happening right wing media would rail against them 24/7, the reason Trump is not getting removed from office is Sinclair Broadcasting and the Murdoch empire gas lighting the base every day.
    But the point is that they could wait that out for years - three solid at least. And that's assuming that Trump's base would still exist after he was booted out.

But the point is that they could wait that out for years - three solid at least. And that's assuming that Trump's base would still exist after he was booted out.
    Trump reflects his base they look like him so they still have at least a decade or so before meeting their maker regardless though they are the republican base for the foreseeable future. I don't see how the GOP will ever get rid of the Trump stink after he leaves office.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's get the record straight.

The 'bribery charge' that some people are looking is right there in the first article. The QPQ, withholding of aid, all of that is listed in the first article.

The second article expands on the first,. The charge is that he abused powers of the office to prevent Congress from investigating A.

What they have done is challenge the legal authority and behavior of a President in an attempt to make the Senate think long and hard about the behavior it may or may not excuse. They want every 'innocent' vote in the Senate on record saying condone which has been eloquently laid out. Every 'guilty' vote is in the spirit of the Constitution, keeping checks and balances in power where they need be. More importantly legally defining a code of conduct expect from the President but was always kind of taken for granted.

Its much easier to vote 'not guiltyy' on a singular incident' rather than the patterns of behavior described in the articles.

Edit: kind of flipped the charges. The first one is abuse of power, the second one is obstruction.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2019-12-11 at 12:17 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    This is why i dont understand why people hate trump. Hes produced the best 24/7 reality tv show ive ever seen. Im gonna go f5 his twitter all day
    At the cost to the U.S.'s reputation, morals, standing in the world, economy, and at least a half a dozen other things.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    At the cost to the U.S.'s reputation, morals, standing in the world, economy, and at least a half a dozen other things.
    All dark humor comes at a cost. I still like making fun of bush