Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Always been in guilds were BoEs are just to whoever got 'em. If they want to give them to someone as an upgrade upto them.

We pay for consumable with the odd BoD run to sell the Jaina mount usually as 25% to guild, 75% split.
    Back in Cataclysm (with master loot), in the guild I managed, BoE were sold to fund the guild and cover for raid expanses (flasks, repairs).
    Now that loot is personal, well it's personal.
    Blood DK. I hate leveling alts.
    BfA is great. I love HoA.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

So glad Personal loot fixed all the Loot Drama... LOL, guess I told you so just does not feel like it is enough. If the piece of shit game is going to put loot in your inventory then you won the loot. Honestly if it is in my inventory its mine, no different than bonus rolls, if you won a MH weapon via personal loot earlier in the raid I would not have given that up either. They wanted to design the game to be single player, may as well play it as they designed it.

I've been in guilds that do it both ways. The BoE is yours - or the BoE is the guilds.
    But they clearly define that before we raid. During the raid? Well then it's easy to see which 'your guild' will choose.

They should just take BOEs out of raids and reduce the amount of trash by 1/2.

Then again they should make loot from mobs make sense. Where was that squirrel carrying that 24-foot halberd?

Depends. Are you raiding to get stuff killed or to get gear for your character? Both are legitimate choices, but they should inform your decisions on loot. Do you want to be in a guild where you're working together for a common goal, or an alliance of convenience all just trying to get yourselves shiny things? Choose your guild accordingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Id gquit and find a guild with less dickish rules.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

it's a heroic guild. If you don't enjoy playing with them just take your 115k and leave. Heck I would argue the same with Mythic guilds too, but at least most Mythic guilds would have the rules established very clearly that at least everyone are on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    You're gonna get a bunch of people saying you were wrong and that guilds essentially have the right to screw over and exploit new members to their hearts' content.

I'm not one of those people, though. I don't see an issue with you keeping boe gloves, especially if they didn't let you keep the bow. Because they don't seem to be offering you anything, if you really do provide everything for yourself as well. You could just as easily do pug raids and wouldn't have to give away items you get.
    Rolling for a bow that dropped for someone else doesn't make it his.

It is common practice for guilds to use guild drops to bolster people who are in the guild long term, sometimes at the expense of trials who more often than not are not in the guild within a few weeks.

Similarly, guilds often have a BoE policy to sell them to build up the guild bank to supply consumables. If OP chose to not use those and supply his own, that's just lack of intelligence on his part. It seem very unlikely that the gloves would actually sell for over 100k gold, given they're already bad in the current raid in light of benthic and will also be bad in a few weeks when 8.3 releases. The only purpose they serve is boosting max ilvl for a new character to queue them up for LFR/warfronts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    Except that, when the bosses died, OP had to give up their loot, so there's that.
    Citation needed. He said he "won" a bow (which means it dropped for someone else and he /rolled).
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    thats why there is info about bis lists online,my guild has multiple people for loot council,one of them does a very good job of keeping up to date with info on classes
    Good for you and your guild. In general I've found out it's easier for everyone to know 1 spec (their own) than one person or even a handful of them to know all 36 specs.

I've raided under loot councils for years while master looter existed, and I've seen a fair share of both reasonable ones and dumb ones, and in the second case it was more commonly out of ignorance rather than malice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Lemmie sell you a protip, never loot anything aside bosses in raid, you can even not loot bosses if you wish to.

If something drops, it will come on your mail afterwards. Then if you get BoE, you send it to you unnamed alt, and sell from there.
    Nobody will ever know.
    You people are hopeless. Raiding is a team effort, there for all loot is for the team. BoE's should be for the team or to be sold for guild money. I wouldn't have stood for this when I raid led. Everyone is either a team player or will be replaced. Poor respect for your team like this just leads to shit players.
    Aye mate

BoE's go to the guild bank to be redistributed later until the final boss of the tier has died, then it's finder's keepers.

What was said/known before the raid? My current guild requires all boe's given to the guild to be sold for guild funding (guild supplies you with everything in return) if there was nothing said, discussed, listed, told by an officer etc etc, then it is yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    You people are hopeless. Raiding is a team effort, there for all loot is for the team. BoE's should be for the team or to be sold for guild money. I wouldn't have stood for this when I raid led. Everyone is either a team player or will be replaced. Poor respect for your team like this just leads to shit players.
    Not all are equal in teams as you seem to think so, if it is agreed beforehand yes, if its assumed then... no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Not all are equal in teams as you seem to think so, if it is agreed beforehand yes, if its assumed then... no.
    Been equal doesn't matter. Loot should go to where is best benefits the TEAM. Not the person. If an axe is a 12% upgrade for one person and a 25% upgrade for another. It goes to the 25% because that helps the team the most. Lack of team work is why most guilds suck at raiding no matter how hard they try.
    Aye mate

That is just your assumption. If you need BoE gear then you are one of top 50 guilds. Everyone else can just buy shit on AH not waiting to poach gold from someone lucky. That is, you don't need BoE gear to progress heroic, hell, you don't even need to to progress mythic.

It is and was always shit to see BoE taken away from players. And since this method worked since pretty much beginning, people were just not looting shit to avoid dramas.

Team effort is not dying to dumb mechanics, not doing 0.1% more dps at expense of someone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Been equal doesn't matter. Loot should go to where is best benefits the TEAM. Not the person. If an axe is a 12% upgrade for one person and a 25% upgrade for another. It goes to the 25% because that helps the team the most. Lack of team work is why most guilds suck at raiding no matter how hard they try.
    Bullshit, guilds sucks at raiding because people suck at doing mechanics, knowing their classes and dying to shit.
    Anyone who says you need gear to do dps is just plain bad.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Lemmie sell you a protip, never loot anything aside bosses in raid, you can even not loot bosses if you wish to.

If something drops, it will come on your mail afterwards. Then if you get BoE, you send it to you unnamed alt, and sell from there.
    Nobody will ever know.
    Still shows up in guild history. And in the end what you are telling him to do is a scumbag thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    Still shows up in guild history. And in the end what you are telling him to do is a scumbag thing.
    Do you have any idea how many loot dramas I've been thru? In Wod/Legion I was in top ~200 guild and trust me, nearly no one ever looted trash in raids.
    Every goddamn boss = loot drama, every boe = loot drama.

Because people are scums and loot whores, sometimes you wanna avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Citation needed. He said he "won" a bow (which means it dropped for someone else and he /rolled).
    Wrong. If you read the post again it says he won the bow and had to give it away. I.E.: it dropped for him as personal loot and the raid made him trade it away to someone else.

Nah, most guilds suck at raiding because they are fighting the roster boss so you end up with like 5 good players, 10 okay-ish and 5-10 warm bodies or absolute dead weights.

I have a friend who's stuck at mythic court. Why? Because every week the same people die from stupid shit over and again and then they don't have the dps to kill it. They won't replace them because it's a national language guild of a eu country that is so small it has barely any recruitment pool. So they're stuck.

Now tell me if a trinket or weapon drops that it's the same value to give it to the guy who's dead 1 min in on 80% of the pulls as the guy who's trying to carry the raid.

6/8M guild here, we raid 2 nights a week. No one has ever been asked to trade anything to anyone.

All this talk about benefiting the guild etc is true to an extent, top 200 maybe? For everyone else no lol.

As he is in a heroic guild on 6/8, it's quite clearly casual. You should have not been made to give anything away. Leave the guild, find someone better.
    Last edited by ecospherez; 2019-12-12 at 01:21 PM.

It's all about the guild rules. If the rules are that boes are rolled for need, then that is what you do, unless you want to be an ass and ninja.

If this is not a rule, and you were not told about having to give away your boes, then don't do that. Simple as that.