Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Yes you did. Youre spouting all sorts of non-sense. We get it you dont like AV. How many threads do you need to express that?
    What? One, I guess? Also who says I don't like AV?

You should look up the definition of what a non-sequitur is.
    Exactly. Just because "back then" AV wasn't used in 1.12 to earn honor, doesn't mean now it won't.

You guys all bitch as much as you want. You'll see later where the honor is made for R14 and I'll come back laughing.

Or it will bite me in the ass and you'll be right. Either way I'm not really giving a fuck who is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogarash View Post
    You seem to either not know or not realize that alot, ALOT of people will stop doing AV so intensely once they are Exalted with the faction and can buy the rewards from that. After that, you'll mostly see AV being fast queued on AV weekends.

WSG however is probably where the action will be once the people somewhat serious about honor gains are Exalted, as it always was. Lots of honor and HK's. I get what you're saying, you can basically AFK up to very high ranks, maybe not 14 but maybe even that. You'll not do it in any way efficiently and even the most efficient way is 12 weeks of nolife PVP.
    HKs still DR in BGs, so “farming” HKs in WSG is pointless. After youve received honor from each guy 4 times, youre not getting any more from kills.

An AFK rank 14 will get rank 14 when people stop controlling the top bracket. Otherwise you will never get rank 14

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody has ever earned Rank 14 legitimately. It's the most batshit and horrible thing ever added to this game.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    How long until the first AFK rank 14 pops up?

Edit: Yes, yes. I know that pure honor gain is not "enough". But if you know of a way how to gain more honor than via chain queuing AV, let me know.
    As others have mentioned you grossly overestimate the Vanilla PvP Honor System. Just because you are gaining huge amounts of honor means nothing. When calculations are done it does a server wide (maybe crossrealm for this version) of everyone and their accumulated honor and calculates off that. Each rank has a rough % amount of people with Rank 14 being the smallest %.

So say if last week having 1k honor = Rank 5, it could be the following week having 50k = Rank 5. You will not be able to afk your way to Rank 14 at all as it will always be percentage based on everyone from the server. It's not a finite amount of honor or HK's that makes the rank.

Essentially you are thinking of the honor system working one way when it doesn't and works completely another way.

Quote Originally Posted by Potatowizard View Post
    I understand the value of completing objectives. My point is, they are not completing them. Towers are not capping, bunkers are not destroyed. But they get full credit for it.
    Just wanted to point out one small thing. It's not that you are getting full credit for not capping towers and destroying them. You are getting credit because yours are intact still which is a side effect of the opposite faction doing the same thing.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2019-12-12 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    An AFK rank 14 will get rank 14 when people stop controlling the top bracket. Otherwise you will never get rank 14
    Why not? What specifically do you feel these other players are doing that a 24/7 afk is not?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    As others have mentioned you grossly overestimate the Vanilla PvP Honor System. Just because you are gaining huge amounts of honor means nothing. When calculations are done it does a server wide (maybe crossrealm for this version) of everyone and their accumulated honor and calculates off that. Each rank has a rough % amount of people with Rank 14 being the smallest %.

So say if last week having 1k honor = Rank 5, it could be the following week having 50k = Rank 5. You will not be able to afk your way to Rank 14 at all as it will always be percentage based on everyone from the server. It's not a finite amount of honor or HK's that makes the rank.

Essentially you are thinking of the honor system working one way when it doesn't and works completely another way.
    Right, but i think the person is asking what another play could be doing to compete with a 24/7 afk player - what will they be doing to rank higher than this person?

Which confirms what I say. Premades are dead, you can literally afk your way to rank 14. All you need it time and endurance and you can do it solo
    There are still premades that honor farm in bgs. You just gotta join a determined group.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Vanilla never rewarded skill, it always has been about time spent. Rank 14 never required skill, it was all about time commitment. You just stomped non-premades for 14 hours a day and got there.

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    Vanilla never rewarded skill, it always has been about time spent. Rank 14 never required skill, it was all about time commitment. You just stomped non-premades for 14 hours a day and got there.
    Or for a good lot of them, just account shared.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Right, but i think the person is asking what another play could be doing to compete with a 24/7 afk player - what will they be doing to rank higher than this person?
    Being in the exact same BGs and getting HKs.

Thats literally all it will take. One guy will get X, the other guy will get X+HKs. Guy X will never get the same Standing (and therefore, Rank Points) as Guy X+HK, and thatll be that.

15+ Year Old Account
    AV takes no more than 15 minutes? I remember AV taking days on original classic.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    AV takes no more than 15 minutes? I remember AV taking days on original classic.
    Remember the version in 1.12 isn't the same version that was in prior. There were several changes at various points in classic and the version we are on removed some of the aspects that helped make it take so long.

You guys all bitch as much as you want.
    What are you talking about? Youre the one bitching about nonsense...

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    What are you talking about? Youre the one bitching about nonsense...
    Is the classic community already so fragile that people think I'm actually bitching about this being possible? lol

I spent 12 hours yesterday netflixing and just walking through the AV, almost got to revered with over 120k honor on that day. Again, this will put me into a respectable bracket at the end of the week if I continue like this. Unless someone spent more hours per day doing what I did, they will not have more than me even if they actively hunt for HKs in their bgs.

So unless someone is literally doing AV 24/7, which account sharing will probably make possible, there is nothing anyone can do to out-honor people who simply manage to squeeze in one or two more AVs per day.

Again, not bitching, just stating how broken the system is.

Yoy probably won't get r14 by just afk-ing. But you will get to other very high rankings. Good system and bg are good.

Tbh I find afk-ing and doing something else more fun than actually playing it and grinding mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    ...this is one of the reasons if blizzard put it to a poll we would have probably had tbc servers.
    Wrong, a lot of polls (if not all) on this forum were in favor of WotLK.

Que is only for Horde my friend, as a Alliance player I don't know what Que means. Instant Bg what I know

Isn't the system relative to what the best of the best achieve during the week?

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    I think you are in for a surprise unless you are playing on server where your faction is dead.
    You don't know what my point is. Whoever has done what I did more than me, will be above. Forget about making this about me actually - I have no ambitions in PVP whatsoever.

My point is that the necessity for a WSG premade of people who study tactics and whatever else used to be necessary to achieve high ranks, is not valid anymore. Unless of course something drastic changes, like seeing a switch between invite times on both battlegrounds, or AV honor being severely crippled.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmjowz View Post
    Que is only for Horde my friend, as a Alliance player I don't know what Que means. Instant Bg what I know
    That's different for alliance then. Considering fraction imbalance not very surprising though. With instant WSG invite, do you have any solid honor/hour numbers?

Is the classic community already so fragile that people think I'm actually bitching about this being possible? lol

I spent 12 hours yesterday netflixing and just walking through the AV, almost got to revered with over 120k honor on that day. Again, this will put me into a respectable bracket at the end of the week if I continue like this. Unless someone spent more hours per day doing what I did, they will not have more than me even if they actively hunt for HKs in their bgs.

So unless someone is literally doing AV 24/7, which account sharing will probably make possible, there is nothing anyone can do to out-honor people who simply manage to squeeze in one or two more AVs per day.

Again, not bitching, just stating how broken the system is.
    Too bad there isn't an armory like feature for Classic where you can see people's rank from week to week, because I'd love to see how wrong you are next week when you see you are still a lower rank. Would ask for a screenshot, but those are easy to fix up these days.