Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The latter one suits the best.

Welp, she'll be in good company.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Then you don't understand what it's supposed to mean.

They give it to whom they think is the most influential, and for their time, Hitler, Stalin and Kissinger were some of the most influential people in the world. Now you can make an argument that Greta is overrated not that influential, but Time thinks she is.

It's not about who's good or bad.
    I am aware of this, thanks.

Lil angry greta.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Either a russian troll being russian or just another woman hating incel trash.

You're nothing new kid.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I was expecting a social group to get it or even Nancy Pelosi but Greta Thurnburg is times person of 2019.

I’m not sorry for saying this but she doesn’t deserve it. Just like how Taylor Swift didn’t deserve artist of the decade. There are so many people who deserve Times Person of the Year. Not everyone even knows who she even is nor has she stayed on the news 24/7.

Hong Kong protestors ring a bell?!?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Good for her. She is an inspiration.

But it kind of feels sad that she should have ever been in the position to be on that cover at all. If we all looked after our planet, and our governments got off their rich asses she wouldn't even be on that cover. I feel she is on that cover not because she wants to be or even needs to be, but to be a symbol and reminder to her previous generations that we fucked up.

Still deserved though, a modern day Joan of Arc (of the environment :P)
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-12-12 at 01:21 PM.

Looks like the Trump campaign photoshop team doesn't know when to quit.

Absolutely disgusting - it should have gone to the Hong Kong protesters, given that sheer bravery and horror involved in what they're doing - fighting against a fascist state with little to no meaningful outside support. Whether you agree with the protests or not, regular people going up against armed police/soldiers is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruktai View Post
    Absolutely disgusting - it should have gone to the Hong Kong protesters, given that sheer bravery and horror involved in what they're doing - fighting against a fascist state with little to no meaningful outside support. Whether you agree with the protests or not, regular people going up against armed police/soldiers is impressive.
    I'm not a fan of Gretha whatsoever.

I do however realise that the climate change issue is far more important than some protets in Hong Kong, regardless of how important that fight is to them.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think she’s perfect. Name a better representative of 2019 than a petulant child screaming ineffectually about politics beyond their understanding or control.

Well deserved, for the mass triggering of the right if nothing else.

Ugh what a lame choice. And a meaningless one.

Should have been the Hong Kong protesters are the one that matters most in the longer term (and it isn't even close). If we're talking about events in just the past year, Nancy Pelosi as leader of the Democrats, frustrating trumps, deserves it by far.

So FLOTUS, are you actually going to have a talk with the POTUS about #BeBest yet? You were quick to open your mouth not even a week ago when you thought your child was getting attacked.

Why is the resident attacking children on twitter and you're silent? Or was that campaign just BS?

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ent-goes-after
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

Honestly seems kind of a weak choice, seems there are a lot of other people (or even things) that have made up more of the year than her.

https://time.com/3626016/person-of-the-year-faq/

"The criterion is “the person or persons who most affected the news and our lives, for good or ill, and embodied what was important about the year.” A lot of news is bad news and a lot of people who make bad news are very powerful people. TIME’s editors aren’t immune to that reality. Famously, they named Hitler in 1938 and Stalin in 1939 and again in 1942. These were men who had a huge impact, not just in those years but over the entire century. It’s easy to stand by those choices, looking back. Arguably you could do a bad guy every year and be justified."

Just IMO seems to me there have been more impactful things\people this year than her.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2019-12-12 at 07:12 PM. Reason: felt like it.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Trump must be reaching some kind of seething threshold. Greta getting the spot he always wanted, and the Impeachment vote coming up. Maybe he'll stroke out and save us all the trouble.

Grats to her though - good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

Should have been the Hong Kong protesters are the one that matters most in the longer term (and it isn't even close). If we're talking about events in just the past year, Nancy Pelosi as leader of the Democrats, frustrating trumps, deserves it by far.
    I'm with you, but I posted in the Shitshow Thread (of course) how Trump has now treated her, calling out her autism as angry. The few posts above I thought someone was doing snark with the photoshop of Trump on Greta's body. Come to find out its actually Trump's campaign. I mean why? It looks stupid having a 70 year old, orange, comb over hair on a teenage body.

Amazing how this always turns to Trump.

But yeah Hong Kong protesters, no doubt. Besides the obvious fight for democracy, it showed the danger of the Chinese government in the world by anyone who spoke out such as NBA GM and Hearthstone player, the US company's were immediately censored and threatened economically. Ahh what we will do in the name of captialism, too many potential consumers with a 1.36 billion population, so hey screw democracy.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

I think if they had chosen her he would have stroked out right then and there. Can you imagine, Grandma Nancy getting the spot he covets?

Personally, the award is almost meaningless in the sense that it's so arbitrary - one person's "first choice" is another's "lame-ass wut?" pick. Could go to any number of people.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    girl needs to go back to school. She is a hypocrite being followed around the world by an entourage of jet hopping, plastic using other hyprocrites. She rents out a tesla and trashes it with processed foods, plastic everywhere. Bashes the US and Europe but gives a free pass to China. Fuck her

Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    Looks like the Trump campaign photoshop team doesn't know when to quit.
    Is this legit? Did his team just photoshop his head on the body of a 16 year old, and a girl? I mean, I knew Trump was a bitch, but an underage girl?

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Is this legit? Did his team just photoshop his head on the body of a 16 year old, and a girl? I mean, I knew Trump was a bitch, but an underage girl?
    Illegal.But who will punish him?