Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

good or not, it's freakin star wars we're talking about! either way you gonna grab & watch it! kinda ironic if you think how many haters there are and how many film tickets they gonna have

Quote Originally Posted by TripleH77 View Post
    good or not, it's freakin star wars we're talking about! either way you gonna grab & watch it! kinda ironic if you think how many haters there are and how many film tickets they gonna have
    not everyone is so well trained, friend.

i've not bought a ticket to any post-disney star wars movie, and i haven't subbed to disney+ for the mandalorian.

So, basically Kylo gets bitch slapped around the whole trilogy and ends up in...

Art by draken4o

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've also noticed that these people, younger writers, all have one big problem in common. from wow, to star wars, you name it, none of them stop to consider the fact that military resources are not infinite and cannot just be pulled from the aether of their cavernous anus. the first order pulling armada after armada from nowhere is one of the worst things about this new trilogy.
    I think many writers these days have the problem that they only write for the outcome and cool moments without thinking for a even a second if what they write makes a lick of sense. This starts with character motivations and interactions and ends in military grade plot holes that have people conjure up intergalactic armadas out of thin air.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    The order was pretty damn good at keeping the dark side at bay actually. There were several thousand jedi in the republic only what three or four total fell across the EU that's around a 99.5% success rate possibly higher. Luke's primary flaw was always the same as his superpower he was naive and always believed in the best in people. For him to snap and pull out a lightsaber on his nephew is beyond out of character.
    Huh?

If you are talking EU then countless Jedi have fallen to the dark side. A lot of then specifically cite the Order being one of the driving factors in their change.

Canon is a lot more condensed but you have Vader, Dooku, Asajj, Voss, every Inquistor, Kylo, I'll even throw in Ezra's brief fall. Most of the people on the list were extremely problematic for the galaxy. Then you have Vader who is in a class of his own.

All who fell in part to the failings of the Jedi Order.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by A Princess From Norway View Post
    How would Han Solo return as a ghost if he isn't a force user ? Do the people making these new movies not under basic star wars lore ?
    There is no death. There is only the force.

7+ Year Old Account
    This one is pretty good

I'm really not looking forward to the last star wars, every time i think about it, I just feel crappy and shoddy. I have decided there is not one character I really like in the new setting, even Ren the star is not that likeable (no offence intended for the actress).

I don't think I would bother to see this unless a friend invites me in more than ordinary circumstances. I won't go out of my way to avoid it, but I wont' flock to the cinema to watch it like I did the other 2.

The beginning of that latest trailer doesn't look that bad, props to whoever edited that one. If this was an old republic game it would make for a decent intro, I doubt the scenes will work that well for a mainline star wars movie though - or at least I doubt the sense of the unknown & adventure will permeate throughout the rest of the movie.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-12-12 at 09:53 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kieraTM View Post
    Yeah and you've also conveniently forgotten to say that Snoke explicitly says that he forged the connection between Rey and Kylo. Even Kylo says 'how are you doing this, the effort alone would kill you'.

TLJ is utter, inconsistent trash
    Well I can go with one inconsistency or another...I choose to go with the one that fits my viewpoint. "shrugs"

Snoke was so certain of loyalty...there was loyalty but it sure as hell wasn't to him.

goddamn, that music is straight out the ancient sith tombs on korriban and dromund kaas. there was even whispering, like the spirits of ancient sith do in the dark temple.

it sucks this planet probably isn't gonna be named dromund kaas, and this isn't the dark temple there. it's most definitely ancient sith though.

Just finished rewatching TFA and TLJ, still love them and was reminded just how solid the themes are. As long as The Rise of Skywalker ties up those themes in a way that resonates, it can't do too badly in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleH77 View Post
    I haven't watched a single minute of disney wars since I finished watching tlj and that's unlikely to change after reading the leaks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Just finished rewatching TFA and TLJ, still love them and was reminded just how solid the themes are. As long as The Rise of Skywalker ties up those themes in a way that resonates, it can't do too badly in my book.
    Yikes imagine having such awful comprehension of movie structure you actually think TLJ was good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Huh?

If you are talking EU then countless Jedi have fallen to the dark side. A lot of then specifically cite the Order being one of the driving factors in their change.

Canon is a lot more condensed but you have Vader, Dooku, Asajj, Voss, every Inquistor, Kylo, I'll even throw in Ezra's brief fall. Most of the people on the list were extremely problematic for the galaxy. Then you have Vader who is in a class of his own.

All who fell in part to the failings of the Jedi Order.
    Tthere were literally thousands of jedi at once in the order specifically during the prequel time. The inquisitors were tortured until they broke they didn't just fall they were mentally and physically tortured most of them were either Padawans or Knights very few masters. Anakin was also corrupted while still a padawan/knight Fallen order fleshes that out very nicely actually. Within the history of the galaxy there have likely been millions of force users the vast majority were trained within the order and stayed lightside. Kylo didn't fall because of the order either Kylo fell because Jake got a vision of him falling and decided he should chop him in half instead of talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I can't just discount the impact the Star Wars franchise had on my childhood, and got me interested in all different kinds of things (space, science, sci-fi etc). I was incredibly excited to see The Force Awakens, and probably saw it 3 times in the cinemas and saw Rogue One twice.

The Last Jedi felt like a betrayal of everything I had enjoyed before. I skipped Solo after that and still haven't seen it. It made me re-evaluate The Force Awakens and brought all it's flaws to the surface. I still really enjoy Rogue One probably because it's a standalone film that really can't be bastardized too much because of the point in time that it occupies, but I never thought the day would come when I have no interest in seeing a major Star Wars release
    Well said. I genuinely thought and hoped that Rogue One would become the future of Star Wars. A much more serious, grounded approach to Star Wars. It maybe leaned a bit *too* far into gritty realism, and the Vietnam imagery near the end was a bit on-the-nose (and I think the "romance" was poorly executed), but it was exciting, and felt like it pulled the series into a new, more mature direction. It also made the mundane feel extraordinary again; that scene of Darth Vader walking down the hallway was *SO FUCKING GOOD*!!!

As for The Force Awakens, I honestly had problems with it from the very first viewing -- and it borrowed from A New Hope quite literally to a fault (including the same mistakes, with "the heroes" achieving too great a victory too quickly and easily) -- but it still felt "fun". I think it would have been better cutting the OT characters out entirely, save for passing cameos (ie. maybe Han runs a ship salvage operation, and bumps into the characters in passing, and Leia forces him to part with his old ship to help them).

I dunno. It's just turned into a complete mess now. I'm like you, I just would have never imagined a day would come that I chose now to see a new Star Wars release.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    There were literally thousands of jedi at once in the order specifically during the prequel time. The inquisitors were tortured until they broke they didn't just fall they were mentally and physically tortured most of them were either Padawans or Knights very few masters. Anakin was also corrupted while still a padawan/knight Fallen order fleshes that out very nicely actually. Within the history of the galaxy there have likely been millions of force users the vast majority were trained within the order and stayed lightside. Kylo didn't fall because of the order either Kylo fell because Jake got a vision of him falling and decided he should chop him in half instead of talking.
    A decent amount of the inquisitors joined freely for one reason or another At the start of the empire though most of the ones that do get killed by Vader or while on missions with Vader.

Me to this thread:

Execute...

ORDER 66!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    Comparing Rose and Fin to Jar Jar is an insult to Jar Jar character, he was way better.
    Jar Jar is a better char than most characters in this new "trilogy".I think Jar Jar for instance is a better character than the emo wanna be Vader. That guy is a mix of an emo kid with a bad villain from an 80s cartoon. Takes a beat at everyturn while coming back to get a new beating (plus he is probably the ugliest guy in Hollywood ATM).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    With this new trilogy they made me go from watching Ep1 The Phantom Menace 3 times in the cinema and the rest of the movies to losing all interest in Ep9 by even reading spoilers.
    Same. I was 18 by the time Phantom Menace hit the screens. Granted I didn't like several parts but the jedi fights alone compensate anything bad. I saw the force awakens in the movies with my son because I thought I should at least give a chance to this new trilogy but regret imensily. From the absurd nonsense of a mary sue beating everything and everyone at her path to the worst villain ever to show in a star wars movie, all that really made me mad. I skipped last jedi (saw it recently at cable, its as bad as people said) and no way in hell will watch this new mickey mouse mess in the cinemas. I consider the new trilogy non canon, fanfic at best. This "trilogy" pretty much killed my interest in Star Wars what I thought it was impossible as I loved it since I was 6 years old.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Rose = Some fat female mechanic that loves animals and hope
    Jar Jar = Senator of Naboo and life long friend of Vader
    Which one has more purpose to the plot?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Rose = Some fat female mechanic that loves animals and hope
    Jar Jar = Senator of Naboo and life long friend of Vader
    Which one has more purpose to the plot?
    Rose gets most of the resilience killed while jar jar is just one vote of many for making the empire. I’d say rose matter more as her actions have a more direct link to killing people.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    (plus he is probably the ugliest guy in Hollywood ATM).
    looks like he should be playing a guy named cleetus in a new "the hills have eyes" movie.