Poll: Best WoW Expansion of THIS decade?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    Genuinely surprised so many says pandaria. That's easily the worst expansion ever released imo.
    I disagree. Pandaria had some of the best raiding this game has ever seen, engaging outdoor content, challenge modes with rewards for realm firsts, and overall a compelling story. Pandaria had everything that makes a great expansion, I don't think I've ever had more fun playing WoW in 15 years than I did in MoP, except maybe at the very start when everything was new.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    "Re-worked" = bad? Most of the changes make the classes more different. Demo warlocks, for example, are no longer just a warlock with a pet and a demon form, now they get to command an entire mini-army of demons! Not sure why you want every spec to be the same, that's dull.

And as for things like Snapshotting, Mana, and Glyphs, how do those things add to the game? Managing mana isn't fun combat (I personally just find it irritating), aside from the minor ones glyphs just ended up being cookie-cutter, and snaphotting is clunky and un-intuitive.

As for frost DK, why do you want *all* death knights to be the same? Distinction is good. It gives you more options.
    You said there were little changes since MoP. I proofed you wrong. I did not comment on the quality of the changes.

Snapshotting is vital to every DoT based class. Without it they all just apply Dots and then spam filler until a DoT runs out. Which I find boring af.
    Glyphs are potentially the same as Legiondaries, which were not cookiecutter at all.
    And mana is difficult. On the one hand I like the removal, on the other hand I liked mana management as a WL. Also I gave interesting design space, for example as a tool to enable burst potential while sacrificing overall damage in the long term (because you run out of mana with a unbalanced burst rotation).

And to say that every dk is the same because frost gets the CHOICE to use 2H is ridiculous. It's like saying DK's are like warriors, paladins or monks, because they also use CAN 2h weapons.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2019-12-13 at 09:19 PM.

IMO to add to the class design discussion, I feel like part of the problem is the fact that so many classes now boil down to this whole "generate/spend" design that crept its way over from D3 (my least favorite aspect of that game too). Not only is it kind of a gamey system, it kind of makes classes feel the same in alot of ways. The flip side is that new classes are easier to pick up and play, since they kind of tend to boil down to a mix of - generator - spender (spammable) - heavy hitter with a short cd or cast time - aeo/cleave - dot - plus one or two cooldowns.

I just feel like things could be more varied and flavourful. And if that makes classes a little more difficult to really figure out then so be it.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Legion was a transformative experience. Easily best.
    yep. most unique expansion to date
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    Though as an Ele Shaman, I really like just being a caster that doesn't work with totems, and hope they don't force me to use them.
    Fixed that for you. You can always play mage, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dejavuproned View Post
    IMO to add to the class design discussion, I feel like part of the problem is the fact that so many classes now boil down to this whole "generate/spend" design that crept its way over from D3 (my least favorite aspect of that game too). Not only is it kind of a gamey system, it kind of makes classes feel the same in alot of ways. The flip side is that new classes are easier to pick up and play, since they kind of tend to boil down to a mix of - generator - spender (spammable) - heavy hitter with a short cd or cast time - aeo/cleave - dot - plus one or two cooldowns.

I just feel like things could be more varied and flavourful. And if that makes classes a little more difficult to really figure out then so be it.
    Yeah, they really kinda "killed" the classes. It's just more homogenization, boring af.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    You are wrong. 2010-2020 are 11 years.

@Topic for me it's a really close call between Mists and Legion. Decided to go with Mists in the end because class design was just better back then.
    I'm sorry. What class did you play in MoP where class design was "better"? Or are we talking about them youth years where #420 #blaze was a trend during MoP?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I'm sorry. What class did you play in MoP where class design was "better"? Or are we talking about them youth years where #420 #blaze was a trend during MoP?
    Death Knight. It was a blast before pruning sucked out most of the fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Death Knight. It was a blast before pruning sucked out most of the fun.
    What abilities did you lose?
    Hi

Mop with its gold farming pots.

My vote goes to Mop, it was the best expansion content wise, so much things to do.

I can't say the same about BFA,sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by rikudo View Post
    My vote goes to Mop, it was the best expansion content wise, so much things to do.

I can't say the same about BFA,sadly.
    I guess we live in different reality, or maybe its not even the same dimension cause its like exactly the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Pandaria, easily
    this. x 1000

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I guess we live in different reality, or maybe its not even the same dimension cause its like exactly the opposite.
    You're clearly delusional, or maybe me and the other 293 ppl we live in other dimension.

Classic is the best exp....

You're clearly delusional, or maybe me and the other 293 ppl we live in other dimension.
    Yeah well compared to the rest of 3 699 999 people.
    I just have good memory, possibly way better than you.

Legion, then MoP.

7+ Year Old Account
    I always wish I had played MoP, I am sure it must have been such a blast back then. So Legion for me, it restored my original true fun times I had playing WoW back in Vanilla (and I have played every expansion throughout WoW history except Mists of Pandaria).

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Or maybe you both just like different expansions and leave it at that? Neither of you are wrong.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Or maybe you both just like different expansions and leave it at that? Neither of you are wrong.
    Taste is one thing but saying there was "much to do" in MoP is bending reality. And saying there was more to do in MoP than BfA is straight up lie.

Quote Originally Posted by skumnasty View Post
    Are you kidding? Glad warrior was the love of my life.

I can't believe people hated/hate titanforging so bad. Maybe if they stopped caring so much about what could be the best if the correct items titanforged 100 ilvls and just worried about getting the sure best pieces (titanforging ignored) they'd not bitch so hard about the system. Titanforging was just a nice little surprise of "yay that piece that wasn't that good is actually usable for me!" or "sweet my otherwise BiS piece is now even higher ilvl!" I don't get why people cry so much about the system.
    People hate titanforging because it creates a community that expects you to farm for every possible drop of gear because it could potentially be an upgrade, and ostracizes you if you don't do that. In short, titanforging sucks because people suck.