10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    The Mando going on a fetch-quest for the Jawas who stole his crap in the very second episode was about as non-connected as it gets.
    At least parodys are good:

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    why is everyone hating on the crazy Twi ?? lol

she's a batshit stabby stabby, she isn't supposed to be Hemingway with tentacles
    eh, i hate "le so random" characters like her.

i just watched clips of this episode, and her hissing or whatever it was she was doing was annoying, but not enough to ruin the episode. i'm more weirded out by the devaronian being hulkmode, don't think lore ever implied they were really strong or neanderthalic. also, the twi'lek's lekku were a bit stiff for my liking.

but i definitely want to actually watch the show from start to finish if more episodes are like this. had an alright feel to it, very star warsy. also, about the x-wings destroying that station, i don't think i have a problem with it. that wasn't a very large station, and it's not like it just exploded from a few shots. x-wings have missles and lasers, so i could see it. what i don't really get is why the republic would just send three x-wings to respond to a large prisoner frigate distress signal, and did x-wings always have hyper drive?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bill Burr's "I wasn't a storm trooper wiseass" had me dying.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A single X-wing can destroy a Star Destroyer - I did a lot of that in X-wing games.
    Here three of them just raped a small station, which didn't even have any shields.

X-wing had always had HyperDrive, in fact, almost all Alliance fighters had hyperdrives. As for Imperials - only Vader's TIE had hyperdrive in movies.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    To be fair the first 3 espidoes were very much connected and sharing a story line. It can give the impression that the rest will follow the same style instead of being just non-connected adventures.
    I can count plenty of shows where they have several shows that go together in a 2 or 3 part. Star Trek the Next Generation had plenty of 2 part shows that had other shows that followed it that played right into the other. But a vast majority of the show was basically episode of the week. This isn't a surprise with Mando, it is pretty much what they said it was going to be. Show of the week that loosely connect and probably the last one or two will tie up the season.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ruunicus View Post
    Exactly this! I'm actually having a hard time taking in the gripes because of this. I grew up during a time when some shows didn't have ANY overarching story lines save for the main premise. Almost every 80s show was like this. Every episode was "the show".

It was mind-blowing when we would get a "to be continued..."
    Don't get me wrong I would be trilled to death if they decided to make Mando a more serialized show that connected deeper. It would be outstanding. But I cannot sit around and complain about it not being that when it was pretty up front it wasn't going to be right. Some people these days just have this "here is what I expect and want (even if they tell me its not going to be that)" and when it isn't exactly that want to shit all up and down it. It is really bad in fandom, Star Wars in particular, these days.

Sorry to say it, but im loosing interest in this show

Started out nice, but now there is no storyline. It's just the same again and again; random bounty hunting.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    A single X-wing can destroy a Star Destroyer - I did a lot of that in X-wing games.
    Here three of them just raped a small station, which didn't even have any shields.

X-wing had always had HyperDrive, in fact, almost all Alliance fighters had hyperdrives. As for Imperials - only Vader's TIE had hyperdrive in movies.
    didn't know they had hyperdrive, universes don't tend to give them to starfighters. the jedi starfighters needed a special ring they attached to.

also, you really can't go by games for something's firepower. you can cripple any type of capital ship with any type of fighter in battlefront, for example.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Sorry to say it, but im loosing interest in this show

Started out nice, but now there is no storyline. It's just the same again and again; random bounty hunting.
    that's what it should keep being.

that's far more interesting than the baby.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    didn't know they had hyperdrive, universes don't tend to give them to starfighters. the jedi starfighters needed a special ring they attached to.

also, you really can't go by games for something's firepower. you can cripple any type of capital ship with any type of fighter in battlefront, for example.
    We see that they have hyper drive in Empire Strikes Back. I kind of got the impression that they blew up what amounts to a floating shack.

X-Wings have always had hyperdrives. Empire was the first time you saw X-wings jump but they also jumped in Rogue One.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I can count plenty of shows where they have several shows that go together in a 2 or 3 part. Star Trek the Next Generation had plenty of 2 part shows that had other shows that followed it that played right into the other. But a vast majority of the show was basically episode of the week. This isn't a surprise with Mando, it is pretty much what they said it was going to be. Show of the week that loosely connect and probably the last one or two will tie up the season.
    But those next generation episodes were not the first few all connected and then random random. The first and 3rd ST:NG episodes were different and showed that random nature. It isn't unreasonable for people to to expect a better connected story between the random adventures. It is one of the things lacking a connection between everything.

There is nothing wrong with having random adventures. There is nothing wrong with a few episodes connecting. But when you have 8 episodes you should try to have a better connected story even if they are just random adventures. Even more so when you spend 3 of those six on a three-part arc.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

But those next generation episodes were not the first few all connected and then random random. The first and 3rd ST:NG episodes were different and showed that random nature. It isn't unreasonable for people to to expect a better connected story between the random adventures. It is one of the things lacking a connection between everything.

There is nothing wrong with having random adventures. There is nothing wrong with a few episodes connecting. But when you have 8 episodes you should try to have a better connected story even if they are just random adventures. Even more so when you spend 3 of those six on a three-part arc.
    It's unreasonable to expect that. It's not unreasonable to only like shows with that, and eschew this kind; this just isn't made for you. Not everything will be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    It's unreasonable to expect that. It's not unreasonable to only like shows with that, and eschew this kind; this just isn't made for you. Not everything will be.
    Half of the episodes so far were a 3 part story arc. Half were 3 random unconnected adventures. It has nothing to do with what people like or do not like. It is about a show not knowing its own identity and flip flopping. There are only two more episodes left and I can bet at least one will connect back to the first 3 episodes.

I have no problem with the show or how they are doing it. I would prefer it to be better connected. But people who don't like it shouldn't be dismissed even if the show isn't for them. Because they show led them on.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    We see that they have hyper drive in Empire Strikes Back. I kind of got the impression that they blew up what amounts to a floating shack.
    Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    X-Wings have always had hyperdrives. Empire was the first time you saw X-wings jump but they also jumped in Rogue One.
    well, it's been years since i actually watched the movies, so i didn't remember it from empire. never watched any of the new movies.

still weird it'd just be three fighters to deal with a situation like a prisoner transport distress signal.

but anyway, i liked how they made it pretty clear he was absolutely the most dangerous person of the entire group. don't really get why he didn't kill any of them though, doesn't seem to have an issue with killing people in earlier episodes. also, those new republic droids were fucking strong as hell. looked more dangerous than the super battle droids, since their pistol bolts were just bouncing off of them.

In case anybody didn't see it, the next episode comes out on Wednesday the 18th, not Friday. The last episode will be back on a Friday, the 27th.

don't really get why he didn't kill any of them though, doesn't seem to have an issue with killing people in earlier episodes.
    Probably because they locked him up first.

Half of the episodes so far were a 3 part story arc. Half were 3 random unconnected adventures. It has nothing to do with what people like or do not like. It is about a show not knowing its own identity and flip flopping. There are only two more episodes left and I can bet at least one will connect back to the first 3 episodes.

I have no problem with the show or how they are doing it. I would prefer it to be better connected. But people who don't like it shouldn't be dismissed even if the show isn't for them. Because they show led them on.
    Oh it was wearing a miniskirt and too much makeup to resist?

There is a pretty clear story thread, they are being hunted, have few resources, need money to live. The fact that that has been their status for a while seems to be the concern? For me, don't care as long as interesting things keep happening. I'm hungry to learn more, but am enjoying the current story line of "run for our lives," knowing that it will soon end and they will be forced into a confrontation. Or the whole show will be about that, which could be fun too. Or it will be present but other story threads will slowly be layered on top of it. Or something else entirely.

I don't have expectations about what will happen next, because these guys are telling a story and I don't know what it is yet. The people making this are craftsmen, which in no way obliges you to like the result but at least wait to see what it actually is before rushing to judgment about the season arc.

i'm more weirded out by the devaronian being hulkmode, don't think lore ever implied they were really strong or neanderthalic. also, the twi'lek's lekku were a bit stiff for my liking.
    i don't disagree, but humans come in all sizes too. the only devaronians we have to go off of are the one in the cantina in ANH and Gault from swtor ( "might try ducking sometime..." )

the lekku on the twi leks, especially the prisoner, did seem fake but i also watch walking dead where king izekial has had fake dreads from the get go lol

i'd like to mention my favorite couple scenes from this entire series so far are the horror movie esque scenes like we saw with bill burr. lights flashing and the hunter lurking ever closer... shits creepy in all the right ways. the first one was in the first episode when blue fishy boy finds all the prisoners in carbonite
    Last edited by Vargulf the Happy Husky; 2019-12-15 at 12:13 AM.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Yah it is kind of charming. The music and the show format reminds me of tv shows from the '80s.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The whole point of the Wings closing was for Hyperdrive. Also how did you think Luke flew from Dantooine in an Xwing if he didn't have hyperdrive.

Also, Clancy Brown and Bill Burr being in the same episode was awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Well, no one (at least not among the internet-savvy types of MMOC) watches network or sitcoms anyways. Look on this subforum, see if you can find a megathread for a network TV show here. You might find one for Lucifer a couple pages back.

This is actually a very niche audience in terms of television watching, preferring bigger, narrative driven shows.
    or y'know.. Sitcoms don't require any depth of discussion.

They fucked up putting bill burr in the show with those other ridicolous looking aliens which made it feel like an episode of The Orville.

What a shame! I hope it was a one time thing and that we will still have 2 more great episodes to look forward to.