Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    LOL. will release by this year. Oh well - it's only a month delay for a game the made 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Oh my....

Dam it. Blizzard sucks. They freakin delayed the game one month for the sake of the end product quality.

How rude!
    You really believe that? I mean really? Streamers and bunch of ppl had beta access and tested it LIVE and it worked, that was months ago.

Also as mentioned game is 2 decades old!!! that is 20 years, and if they need more than a year, they announced it at BlizzCon 2018, but had plans probably long before that!
    Last edited by markos82; 2019-12-18 at 12:56 PM.

Oh my. My Birthday. Neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo this is just a remaster, and doesn't justify the delayed release date.

You know what really is a REFORGED game? It's the Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition. That, my friends, is a real deal cuz they've added a lot of good stuff on top of the base HD edition, and on top of new graphics, new voice acting, new game mods, new campaign, new civs and lots of game balance changes.

Regardless, i'll not refund. I just want to play the WC3 campaign all over again for nostalgia's sake, and I dont want to do so in the original version with that horrible outdated graphics.
    Last edited by Grakao; 2019-12-18 at 02:01 PM.

as an everyday Beta player I'd say:
    28 January is too early, there are too many bugs to fix in a month and we didn't even test campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    You're missing the point. It's neither polished nor released on time. They have gone back on their words to make all sorts of changes to the game and are now simply rushing a straight copy of Warcraft 3 without any changes and yet they even fail the release date of that. That's why people are upset. And rightly so, they make promises and take pre-order money and then change their minds and release something lesser and neither is it on time. It's a lose-lose situation for the fans.
    Enlighten me, please. How would releasing a less-polished potentially buggier version of the game be a "win" for anybody other than people who take potential release dates as wholesale promises?

was expected, they strategically release content based around the quarterly revenue reports, delaying this puts it in the next quarter, everything they do these days is ALL about showing good numbers to their investors first and foremost, its all about money and business.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermeoth View Post
    So.. First they cut additional contect which was promised. Than they also push release date.
    For me is acceptable just one of those things. If you cut content, you should release in time. If you postpone release, you should add everything promised.
    Honestly. Considering Blizz quality is going down for many years. Game will be most likely full of bugs even with late release.
    Oh I am sure that content will show up eventually.. but that slot over there... it will need your credit card for it.

I mean, I shouldn't be surprised, but somehow I am.

So, is this how theyre going to justify the delay of 8.3 as well?

I did refund mine already after they annouced that all the changes were canceled. It is way too expensive just for new models. And after playing for like 20 minutes you don't really look at the new models anymore and the game is just looking like WC3 again. So why pay when the new stuff is worth a 20 minute "nice, ok, ok, mhm, ..." and then it is gone. I stick with WC3 instead of wasting that money.

In the end BNet improvements were canceled.

Reworked campaign canceled.

Reworked interface canceled.

New Cut scenes canceled.

New campaigne elements (new content) canceled.

And then they delay the release by 1 month after all they did was a bit of balancing changed and the new skins.

When you want to release a 30-40$ game at least give them a decent team large enough to handle it and don't make a budget team just to try an cash grab as much money as possible for nearly no expenses.
    Last edited by Xyltin-Laav; 2019-12-18 at 04:00 PM.

I was honestly expecting this game to be out LAST January. How the hell long does it take to re-skin an old RTS?

Quote Originally Posted by Xyltin-Laav View Post
    I did refund mine already after they annouced that all the changes were canceled. It is way too expensive just for new models. And after playing for like 20 minutes you don't really look at the new models anymore and the game is just looking like WC3 again. So why pay when the new stuff is worth a 20 minute "nice, ok, ok, mhm, ..." and then it is gone. I stick with WC3 instead of wasting that money.

In the end BNet improvements were canceled.

Reworked campaign canceled.

Reworked interface canceled.

New Cut scenes canceled.

New campaigne elements (new content) canceled.

And then they delay the release by 1 month after all they did was a bit of balancing changed and the new skins.

When you want to release a 30-40$ game at least give them a decent team large enough to handle it and don't make a budget team just to try an cash grab as much money as possible for nearly no expenses.
    Wait... the new cut scenes were cancelled? Are you fucking kidding me? I was so excited for illidan vs arthas too...

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    I expected the original campaign that I know and love, in HD. Glad I got what I wanted!

Pretense or not, I absolutely wanted the original game remastered, not a reworked story. And I know plenty others that agree. Maybe your side is actually the minority?

What you were expecting is not what they pitched though...
    So yeah, while you expected things to be different from what they announced them to be - and more to your liking - I did not, I wanted to buy the product they announced and I still do.
    I just expected it to be what it was supposed to be when they "took my money" and pre-orders started.

When I order a cheese burger, I want the burger to have cheese, not bacon.
    I could go behind it if they added both cheese and bacon... but they did not, they removed my cheese.

Gimme cheese!

It is just not right - why didn't they offer both a "classic campaign" and a "reforged" one.
    After all, you can import the old stuff and you'd only have to redo certain triggers.
    You will have to do so anyway in many cases. So it's no "extra work" for them in the first place.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-12-18 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    What you were expecting is not what they pitched though...
    So yeah, while you expected things to be different from what they announced them to be - and more to your liking - I did not, I wanted to buy the product they announced and I still do.
    I just expected it to be what it was supposed to be when they "took my money" and pre-orders started.

When I order a cheese burger, I want the burger to have cheese, not bacon.
    I could go behind it if they added both cheese and bacon... but they did not, they removed my cheese.

Gimme cheese!

It is just not right - why didn't they offer both a "classic campaign" and a "reforged" one.
    After all, you can import the old stuff and you'd only have to redo certain triggers.
    You will have to do so anyway in many cases. So it's no "extra work" for them.
    Game designer changes plans during development.

Certainly this has NEVER happened before in the history of gaming!

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Game designer changes plans during development.

Certainly this has NEVER happened before in the history of gaming!
    What has the history of gaming to do with it being not okay?
    Just because Game designers do that, doesn't mean the community was not outraged every time it happened.
    When Devs don't deliver their promises and features, the game fails and flops.

And it's not like they updated you daily/weekly/monthly on what is happening.
    They were basically infobombing us 2 months before release @ blizzcon.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-12-18 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Wait... the new cut scenes were cancelled? Are you fucking kidding me? I was so excited for illidan vs arthas too...
    Illidan vs Arthas will be there, it was teased during the WC3R panel at Blizzcon 2019. Don't believe everything you read on the internet, vast majority of people have absolutely no idea what will or won't be there, since most people take their info from unsubstantiated claims they read on the internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO_YcSH1RYU

There you go.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

What has the history of gaming to do with it being not okay?
    Nearly every fucking game in existence over-promises in development then under delivers. It's not even a game industry trope anymore. It should be expected. Holding Blizzard to a different standard because you were promised a fucking pony is ridiculous. If you pre-order based off of early drafts of a game you deserve every bit of disappointment that comes along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Nearly every fucking game in existence over-promises in development then under delivers. It's not even a game industry trope anymore. It should be expected. Holding Blizzard to a different standard because you were promised a fucking pony is ridiculous. If you pre-order based off of early drafts of a game you deserve every bit of disappointment that comes along with it.
    Whatever you say.
    You make it sound as if Blizzard promised me the world, they didn't. They promised very little for 30€ and still couldn't deliver.
    This isn't Star Citizen.

Whatever you say.
    You make it sound as if Blizzard promised me the world, they didn't. They promised very little for 30€ and still couldn't deliver.
    This isn't Star Citizen.
    Would you be more satisfied if you got everything they initially promised but the release date was 2024? No, of course not. You want your cake and you want to eat it too. Unfortunately, Blizzard employs human beings. And human beings, sadly, are limited by factors which make shipping a game with everything that was initially promised an impossibility without extending development time. (Oh, and before you say "throw more people at it," remember how Blizzard got shit for firing almost 1,000 employees last year?)