Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't have an exact figure but back when the token was running at 20-30k gold I bought quite a few, at least a years worth for both accounts. Rough estimate, probably saved me ~$400.

$730, and I still have $200 left in my balance from when tokens were 100k. Just enough to buy 1 more year and Shadowlands. I made 4-5 million in a week at the start of BFA and maxed out my bnet balance. I've still got 5 million left over for next expansion, though, so I hope the price drops back to 100k.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivelius View Post
    £0 I live in a first world country and I make the cost of a WoW token in about 20 mins of just looking at my phone in the morning at work. Way easier to work a menial job then farm gold, unless of course you live in China or Zimbabwe.
    So you make 13£ on 20 minutes, wich means you are doing 36£/hour, 288£/day, 1.4K £/week and about 5.7K£/month or 80k£/year. That's almost double the average salary on United Kingdom, taking in account that there is people that makes millions/year and put that average way higher than it should be. I bet the average worker in United Kingdom without taking in account this people is around 20k/year; and you claim to make about 8 times more. So yeah, most people can't make 13£ by just checking his phone for 20 minutes (correct me if suscription isn't £13, it's 13€ so i assume it's the "same" price for UK)

On topic it saved me Legion+BFA+1 store mount+sub since Token launch up to apr 2020, and i'm planing on get more tokens to keep on playing free. I get gold from guild rushes, we would farm the raid anyway for better gear so it's basically free money. No reason for paying the suscription even if i can just to have millions of gold sitting for nothing.
    Last edited by Baleful; 2019-12-24 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    400k month from selling bags and some old alchemy mats? I find that hard to believe. How many alts are we talking about here?
    15 characters total so not that many. It's roughly around 1k/day per character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    what server are you on, where you can make that much via Draenor bags? cause on my main server - they go for about 800 gold or less, and on my alt server - they are HALF that.
    They're around 800g yea but each alt makes around 1k/day making them + pyrium bars. I basically just log in, press the macro.. log out and clear out profession buildings once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    15 characters total so not that many. It's roughly around 1k/day per character.

- - - Updated - - -

They're around 800g yea but each alt makes around 1k/day making them + pyrium bars. I basically just log in, press the macro.. log out and clear out profession buildings once a week.
    I craft those bags and i can only make 1 bag every other day. this is with a 20 cloth they make with daily cooldown + the building with follower working (I have to clear those out every other day, or lose the extra cloth). I also have to take extra time to keep gathering order resources because that is how I make more cloth as well as flowers for daily 20 cloth cooldown. all of that takes at least 5 minutes PER character. (and there is a whole need to get the earth to actualy MAKE bags, which i typicaly do on alchemy character who converts the air and water i get by creating cloth) so... the math is still not adding up for me there.

Not that much. I've bought maybe 5-6 months with gold in total.

Hmm, I try to sell 6 tokens a month for gold so for the past 6 months I'd say I've spent $720 and then I need some more for when brutosaur was announced as leaving to buy that so another $240 brings us to $960. And I couldn't tell you how many tokens I've bought for gold since they added them.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I craft those bags and i can only make 1 bag every other day. this is with a 20 cloth they make with daily cooldown + the building with follower working (I have to clear those out every other day, or lose the extra cloth). I also have to take extra time to keep gathering order resources because that is how I make more cloth as well as flowers for daily 20 cloth cooldown. all of that takes at least 5 minutes PER character. (and there is a whole need to get the earth to actualy MAKE bags, which i typicaly do on alchemy character who converts the air and water i get by creating cloth) so... the math is still not adding up for me there.
    You're doing it wrong then. I log in, press the macro for cloth, press the macro for pyrium bar, log out. Takes 10s.

With bank built (or whatever its called), profession building supply lasts for 6 days or so, a bit longer so once a week yes, I send out resource missions, renew supply, use up all the tailoring orders I get from missions and buy new herbs and cloth when they cost 16 resources each. Gathering fur and herbs is a waste of time and there is no need for it, buying it from the trading post when its cheap gives more than enough. And yes, I use alchemy to convert earths or buy them from AH.. sometimes theyre like 3g each or less on my server so not really relevant.

So yes, it's around 5min every day with 15 alts, 15-30min once a week.
    The missions also give other stuff like mounts and medallions that sell for 2-3k.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    This is what I dont get, or maybe I’m just doing things really wrong. “just playing” an hour per day would net me maybe 10k gold / month. To play that little and make enough to sell tokens seems off.
    For the most part I'm coasting on gold I made in Legion. I had 8 alts and it was very easy to just farm the resources needed to keep all the legion halls running through the phone app and rake in quite a bit of gold every day. I think I was clearing over 100k per month.

I'm rather hoping that they announce a hard cap of 80 for the Heart of Azeroth since I've been making roughly 1k gold per day between the mission table and just taking gold and resource awarding quests for my dailies.

Tokens had dropped in price for much of BfA to the 80-90k level here in NA which was nice as well. Now they are back up around 180k so they've dropped in popularity and the price has gone up. So that cuts pretty deep into the savings as well.

Hope that explains things. :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Zero, I have bought a couple to get some gold though, so it's actually cost me about 40-60
    Thank you for helping me fund my gaming. :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Hmm, I try to sell 6 tokens a month for gold so for the past 6 months I'd say I've spent $720 and then I need some more for when brutosaur was announced as leaving to buy that so another $240 brings us to $960. And I couldn't tell you how many tokens I've bought for gold since they added them.
    Thank you for helping to fund my gaming. :-)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lets see,

Apr 2014 to now sub ($15 x 68 months) = $1020.00
    Now until my sub runs out October 2026 ($15 x 82 months) = $1230.00
    3 expansions (including Shadowlands epic edition preorder) = $220.00
    2 Blizzcon e-tickets = $100.00
    every shop mount/pet/toy = $520.00
    current bnet balance = $400.00 (canadian funds)
    race changes,server xfers = $100.00

So grand total..... it's saved me about $3590 so far. I'm pretty happy with it. Also other than the bnet balance all those funds are in american curreny which would be closer to $4500 Canadian or more.....

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZaer View Post
    I have two accounts and I think I missed the 6 month renewal once and you used to be able to only buy 18 tokens / 24 months or so.

2 years 10 months ago (2/6/2017) you could turn the WoW token into b.net balance.

Legion was the last expansion I bought with actual money.

$1260 in game time.

BfA CE + BfA + 2017/2018 (x2, one was a gift)/2019 Blizzcon + D3 Necromancer DLC + OW Pink Mercy Skin + Every mount/pet from the store when they were 50% (or more) off + Vulpine mount ($25, when launched for a friend that loves foxes) + Shadow ($10, gift to a friend)

90+50+40+50+50+50+10+10+15+?+25+10

So around 1700 USD. That's about a new computer. About $375/year, which, really isn't much.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd have to say you really don't understand how expensive a game like WoW is to develop and maintain as well as how expensive good software developers are to recruit.

I'd suggest you read the book "Mythical Man Month."
    i work in that business for 20 years+. be sure, i know.

maybe you dont know how much money you can milk out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baleful View Post
    So you make 13£ on 20 minutes, wich means you are doing 36£/hour, 288£/day, 1.4K £/week and about 5.7K£/month or 80k£/year. That's almost double the average salary on United Kingdom, taking in account that there is people that makes millions/year and put that average way higher than it should be. I bet the average worker in United Kingdom without taking in account this people is around 20k/year; and you claim to make about 8 times more. So yeah, most people can't make 13£ by just checking his phone for 20 minutes (correct me if suscription isn't £13, it's 13€ so i assume it's the "same" price for UK)

On topic it saved me Legion+BFA+1 store mount+sub since Token launch up to apr 2020, and i'm planing on get more tokens to keep on playing free. I get gold from guild rushes, we would farm the raid anyway for better gear so it's basically free money. No reason for paying the suscription even if i can just to have millions of gold sitting for nothing.
    I was smelling some bullshit too. I make $17/hr in US and for my state that is good pay, and I can't even get a WoW sub in 20 mins so yeah fuckin right lmao. Bill gates over here paying his WoW sub because he's so above those filthy peasants using tokens

5+ Year Old Account
    There should be a thread on how many $$ people have spent on buying tokens from the store to sell in game.

You're doing it wrong then. I log in, press the macro for cloth, press the macro for pyrium bar, log out. Takes 10s.

With bank built (or whatever its called), profession building supply lasts for 6 days or so, a bit longer so once a week yes, I send out resource missions, renew supply, use up all the tailoring orders I get from missions and buy new herbs and cloth when they cost 16 resources each. Gathering fur and herbs is a waste of time and there is no need for it, buying it from the trading post when its cheap gives more than enough. And yes, I use alchemy to convert earths or buy them from AH.. sometimes theyre like 3g each or less on my server so not really relevant.

The missions also give other stuff like mounts and medallions that sell for 2-3k.
    On my server those bags go for ~2k/pc,, so in order to make 300k/month from them, you have to sell 150 bags per month. Or roughly 37 per week.
    If each one of your 15 alts produces enough mats for one bag per week, where do the rest of the 22 or so bags come from?

No doubt you can make money from that 15 alt setup, I'm just not seeing the kinds of amounts you're talking about. The margins are significantly smaller where I'm at - to the point where setting up 15 alts with rotations is not worth the effort (I'm sure you got there "organically" with your alts, but starting that kind of operation from scratch is not "free" so you have to count in the set-up time costs in the equation as well).

I'm buying fur from trader in garrison. but to buy that fur, i need garrison supplies. which means i need to do garrison missions. that adds time, even with addon. I haven't been able to sell mounts in ages. medallions show up rarely (like maybe couple of times a month, tops) and they haven't been selling for much either. I get herbs from my herb garden in garrison, I don't go out farming into the wild.

I'm still questioning your claims, i feel like you are skipping a whole lot in here - the 5 minutes for 15 alts is the part that i'm REALLY questioning, even with macro, loading screens should increase that quite a bit., but even if it works, holy mother of lengthy setup... level 15 characters. unlock garrisons. level both professions on them. its an investment. its a time consuming investment doing something that's frankly tedious and unenjoyable. which is precisely the opposite of what I'd rather do with my gaming time, personaly. you do you and all that, but.. even if you work a minimum wage job in US, $15 a month is worst case scenario - 2 hours of work. seems like a lot less effort then grinding gold.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only payed for like 3 tokens whit gold.

None - as the opportunity cost makes it close to a zero sum game.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I'm buying fur from trader in garrison. but to buy that fur, i need garrison supplies. which means i need to do garrison missions. that adds time, even with addon. I haven't been able to sell mounts in ages. medallions show up rarely (like maybe couple of times a month, tops) and they haven't been selling for much either. I get herbs from my herb garden in garrison, I don't go out farming into the wild.

I'm still questioning your claims, i feel like you are skipping a whole lot in here - the 5 minutes for 15 alts is the part that i'm REALLY questioning, even with macro, loading screens should increase that quite a bit., but even if it works, holy mother of lengthy setup... level 15 characters. unlock garrisons. level both professions on them. its an investment. its a time consuming investment doing something that's frankly tedious and unenjoyable. which is precisely the opposite of what I'd rather do with my gaming time, personaly. you do you and all that, but.. even if you work a minimum wage job in US, $15 a month is worst case scenario - 2 hours of work. seems like a lot less effort then grinding gold.
    Yep.. but I have those alts from the before times, the long long ago, so might as well put them to use. I didn't say you or anyone else should copy it, just that I'm able to play for free because of this. Also I leveled them during WoD mostly and back then, they literally made millions because of gold missions.. that I regretfully wasted on HS packs and buying junk from BMAH.

$15 might not seem like much but if I save that from here and another $15 from there, it really adds up. Maybe it's just me but I'd rather save up to buy bigger things, like new hardware, phones.. whatever. Besides, why do you assume most players work? I'm guessing at least half the players go to school or college and don't have a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Thank you for helping to fund my gaming. :-)
    No problem Thank you for helping me hit top 500 xmog collectors
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Tokens don't seem worth it when you consider that you'd be working for Blizzard at a way below acceptable rate/hour