Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    They could have done all this in one game tho. But they decided to milk the hype and do 3 games instead. Not sure if I wanna support this.
    I will probably wait for some kind of box release that will inevitably come out a few years after game 3.
    That said, I played back when there were multiple discs so I might just get them separately and act like it’s just like that was. May still wait to play so I can just play the game consecutively without any big wait times between.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could have done all this in one game tho. But they decided to milk the hype and do 3 games instead. Not sure if I wanna support this.
    I have to disagree. Midgar is such a cool setting, and I've always wanted to see more of it. Considering the scope of the original game, they either had to go this route or stretch the game in a thin and linear direction.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, this is a FULL GAME. It isn't just some sort of TellTale Games 'Chapter 1' kinda deal.

- - - Updated - - -

And, if this ends up as fun as it looks, that just means MORE down the road. Square has a property on their hands that fans enjoy AND is going to make tons of profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    One of the most popular games of all time. Are you really trying to portray yourself as a hipster because you played it?
    He played it before it was cool man.

Such a niche game Square decided to remake out of the blue! Now it's super popular!

- - - Updated - - -

Considering the first part is 2 Blue Ray discs, and it's all midgard.

Nah, pretty sure they couldn't have done this all in one game. Not sure why people are still trying to act like it's not a complete game because it's clearly massive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    He played it before it was cool man.

Such a niche game Square decided to remake out of the blue! Now it's super popular!

- - - Updated - - -

Considering the first part is 2 Blue Ray discs, and it's all midgard.

Nah, pretty sure they couldn't have done this all in one game. Not sure why people are still trying to act like it's not a complete game because it's clearly massive.
    I want to believe you are correct based on everything we have heard about the game so far but I am skeptical. Love to be wrong though because 3 full games would be INCREDIBLE.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Have you played the original on a 4K tv bough? it’s rough. I don’t think any mods or shaders will help that horror show out.
    What are you talking about? The environments were gritty and very charming, they looked legitimately quite good for the time. The character models were, in a smart move on Square's part, intentionally very low poly as to give off a unique style that holds up even today.

Battle sprites might be another talking matter, but other than that the game looks as good today as, say, FF6 or great sprite games used to look. It's a timeless style that actively didn't try to push limitations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Honestly, as a die-hard fan who ranks the original as one of, if not THE, best game of all time, I'm excited. Any fan of the originals should be.
    Bigger fan of the original than you speaking; I think the re-make looks awful and will be awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    I want to believe you are correct based on everything we have heard about the game so far but I am skeptical. Love to be wrong though because 3 full games would be INCREDIBLE.
    It's literally taking up 2 blu ray discs. The only other game I can even think of off the top of my head that does that is RDR2. What is there to be skeptical about? You think they deliberately left everything uncompressed to pay for the extra disc just for show? lol.

It's literally taking up 2 blu ray discs. The only other game I can even think of off the top of my head that does that is RDR2. What is there to be skeptical about? You think they deliberately left everything uncompressed to pay for the extra disc just for show? lol.
    Xcom with the DLC is a 2 disk game.

I do feel FF7 Remake will be a full game, I think what people mean by it not being a full game is that it isn't the complete story. I do hope they add enough story elements to make up for that tho.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-12-26 at 04:01 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Xcom with the DLC is a 2 disk game.

I do feel FF7 Remake will be a full game, I think what people mean by it not being a full game is that it isn't the complete story. I do hope they add enough story elements to make up for that tho.
    It doesn't have a complete story but neither does any game that is made with sequels in mind. So literally the majority of the gaming industry lol. Like God of War literally ended on a cliffhanger and it was GOTY for many services and people. The MCU continues story over multitudes of movies and it's the hottest thing in cinema. I'm not that fond of the original writing for FFVII to begin with so all the details they can add can only make it better, it can't make it worse.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-12-26 at 04:15 AM.

It doesn't have a complete story but neither does any game that is made with sequels in mind. So literally the majority of the gaming industry lol. Like God of War literally ended on a cliffhanger and it was GOTY for many services and people. The MCU continues story over multitudes of movies and it's the hottest thing in cinema. I'm not that fond of the original writing for FFVII to begin with so all the details they can add can only make it better, it can't make it worse.
    I don't feel it's really fair to compare the Remake to something like GoW though. With something like GoW, they're planning for sequels and the story isn't set in stone. With FFVIIR we know the story, we know how it ends, but to some people it feels like they're just going to drag it out for $$, add fluff so they can sell it in 3 different games, but we'll see.

I'm cautiously optimistic, though the first Midgar part is my least favorite of the game, so idk how I'll feel about pt 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I don't feel it's really fair to compare the Remake to something like GoW though. With something like GoW, they're planning for sequels and the story isn't set in stone. With FFVIIR we know the story, we know how it ends, but to some people it feels like they're just going to drag it out for $$, add fluff so they can sell it in 3 different games, but we'll see.

I'm cautiously optimistic, though the first Midgar part is my least favorite of the game, so idk how I'll feel about pt 1.
    You actually don't know the story of FFVIIR. You only know the story of the original game. That's why I threw the MCU reference in there, based off comics you have a general idea of how the movies will play out but Marvel Studios still constantly adds things and changes things you didn't expect.

Saying the GoW reference isn't good because the sequels story isn't set in stone is a non point, because neither is the story for the sequel to this game. GoW also literally just borrows mythology tales as well so once again- you have an idea how it will play out but won't know it all until you play it.

Like you can't seriously tell me with a straight face you know the story of this game when they're literally making an entire 30+ hour game out of just midgard that was a handful of hours in the original. You get this right? Then that doubles down for every part that comes in the future as well.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-12-26 at 04:51 AM.

You actually don't know the story of FFVIIR. You only know the story of the original game. That's why I threw the MCU reference in there, based off comics you have a general idea of how the movies will play out but Marvel Studios still constantly adds things and changes things you didn't expect.

Saying the GoW reference isn't good because the sequels story ins't set in stone is a non point, because neither is the story for the sequel to this game.
    If they change the major story plot, that would be a negative for the game and you know it. There will be changed details yes, but all the major plot pieces will be there.

Aeris will die, Sephiroth will be the big bad and try to summon meteor, cloud will fall into the lifestream and go catatonic, in the end our team will save the day, just like in the original. To think it would be any other way would be silly.

If they change the major story plot, that would be a negative for the game and you know it. There will be changed details yes, but all the major plot pieces will be there.

Aeris will die, Sephiroth will be the big bad and try to summon meteor, cloud will fall into the lifestream and go catatonic, in the end our team will save the day, just like in the original. To think it would be any other way would be silly.
    My dude, you really need to come to grips with reality. We already know Sephiroth is being introduced way, way fucking earlier then in the original game so it's already changed in one major way already. If you think other things aren't going to be changed and added you must think part 1 is gonna be an 5-8 hour game lmfao.

You're also really grasping at straws if you think "knowing the story" is "Sephiroth is the antagonist and Aerith dies". Literally, no shit. That's not the story, that's youtube comment spoilers(if YT was a thing in the 90s anyways). Everyone fucking knew Thanos was going to do the snap as well.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-12-26 at 04:56 AM.

My dude, you really need to come to grips with reality. We already know Sephiroth is being introduced way, way fucking earlier then in the original game so it's already changed in one major way already.

You're also really grasping at straws if you think "knowing the story" is "Sephiroth is the antagonist and Aerith dies". Literally, no shit. That's not the story, that's youtube comment spoilers(if YT was a thing in the 90s anyways).
    Adjusting the story isn't changing the major plot points.

We know how it ends, we know the major plot points, they aren't going to be changing any of these. Sephiroth showing up earlier doesn't not make him the big bad, it doesn't change that he goes crazy from the learning way he was created, it doesn't change any of his plot pieces. The story will be the same, though the vehicle on how each piece is brought to light may change slightly, much like REmake2, the story is the same overall, but it's not a 1:1 recreation.

Adjusting the story isn't changing the major plot points.
    Major plot points aren't the story. Major plot points are things that happened in the story.

We know how it ends
    You actually don't though and if you're gonna say "the good guys win and save the world" yea no fucking shit. You summed up every JRPG ever congrats.

we know the major plot points
    You know the major plot points from the original game. You don't know any major plot points that will be added to the remake.

they aren't going to be changing any of these.
    Nobody said they would genius? Where did I say zomg Aerith won't die? Zomg Sephiroth is a party member!

Sephiroth showing up earlier doesn't not make him the big bad, it doesn't change that he goes crazy from the learning way he was created, it doesn't change any of his plot pieces.
    Nobody said it does any of this. What it does do is change the story of the midgard arc. Hence story already changed in a major way and you're silly if you think there won't be other major changes and additions to the story. They aren't gonna turn 5 hour midgard into a 30 hour game with all filler.

The story will be the same, though the vehicle on how each piece is brought to light may change slightly, much like REmake2, the story is the same overall, but it's not a 1:1 recreation.
    We already know it's changed far more then REmake 2 was.

Sorry had to break down your post bit by bit as it was about 500 different strawman attempts thrown into a paragraph.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-12-26 at 05:09 AM.

Major plot points aren't the story. Major plot points are things that happened in the story.

You actually don't though and if you're gonna say "the good guys win and save the world" yea no fucking shit. You summed up every JRPG ever congrats.

You know the major plot points from the original game. You don't know any major plot points that will be added to the remake.

Nobody said they would genius? Where did I say zomg Aerith won't die? Zomg Sephiroth is a party member!

Nobody said it does any of this. What it does do is change the story of the midgard arc.

We already know it's changed far more then REmake 2 was.

Sorry had to break down your post bit by bit as it was about 500 different strawman attempts thrown into a paragraph.
    They main part of the story will be the same, there may be minor additions and subtractions, and inconsequential changes, but at the end of the day we the story WILL end the same, fighting sephiroth in the crater to stop meteor and save the world. Nothing major will be changed because that will just piss people off, and no, sephiroth showing up early is not major. It's not like the dude was hidden in the original, he was mentioned like 10 minutes into the game, just not shown

- - - Updated - - -

I don't really care that they're splitting it though, I just hope they do it right.

I wonder how they're going to handle levels and and things obtained in earlier parts. If you go into the later parts fresh I would be sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Fid View Post
    I stayed out of any spoilers / yoube / etc, as I usually do for games I plan to play (re-play in this case).
    One question: What does "Remake" means? Is it a Remake of the Graphics only? Or is the original story / game mechanics / etc altered?
    In general the overall story will supposedly stay the same with them just adding more meat into it. While the overall combat system and the likes are being changed.

I say Supposedly because sometimes nomura has crazy ideas(SE won't let him do weird shit for this game but just look up some of his shit he had thought to do for what because FFXV.)
    Last edited by Noct678; 2019-12-26 at 05:50 AM.

That only makes me want the demo sooner, any news when it officially launches?

10+ Year Old Account
    So WHY are they just calling it 'remake'? I thought that was just for the announcment, but it seems with that intro that it's the actual subtitle of the game. Why not Final Fantasy VII: Reunion? Final Fantasy VII: Second Edition? Or, since this is just the first in a series of remakes: Final Fantasy VII: Midgar, or Final Fantasy VII: AVALANCHE

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    So WHY are they just calling it 'remake'? I thought that was just for the announcment, but it seems with that intro that it's the actual subtitle of the game. Why not Final Fantasy VII: Reunion? Final Fantasy VII: Second Edition? Or, since this is just the first in a series of remakes: Final Fantasy VII: Midgar, or Final Fantasy VII: AVALANCHE
    Because it clearly explains what it is to the masses that aren't video game enthusiasts talking on forums about it.