Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

If by single patch you mean 2 entire xpacs and half of WoD, yea ok buddy.
    Argus is the legion homeworld and is pumping out any demon we didn't perma kill. We killed small fractions of the legion in bc and Legion(excluding argus). The whole army of the light ends up being a handful of draenei and 4 non-draenei. You don't think that is underwhelming especially when we deal with small portions of the legion in multiple expansions and it takes us longer to deal with them then the legion homeworld?

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Argus is the legion homeworld and is pumping out any demon we didn't perma kill. We killed small fractions of the legion in bc and Legion(excluding argus). The whole army of the light ends up being a handful of draenei and 4 non-draenei. You don't think that is underwhelming especially when we deal with small portions of the legion in multiple expansions and it takes us longer to deal with them then the legion homeworld?
    "its meaningless because I didn't slay endless mindless hordes".

You're playing the wrong game, go check out a Dynasty Warriors game if you want that useless filler. Most people playing WoW prefer trash to stay to a minimum, not be turned up to absolute maximum.

Quote Originally Posted by Broderic View Post
    Man, I hate Nazjatar. Really. So. Much. Hate.

But I understand your desire. Maybe you like that zone the same I love Tiragarde, for example. I think Blizzard is trying to offer a nice mix of varied zones to please all possible players (though that's a tough desire).

Imagine the people who loves Mechagon too, maybe they want a gnome expansion too. But maybe it's better to have really new content instead of Naga Zone #1, #2 and #3. So waiting impatiently new info about Shadowlands (no hiding here).

Therefore, I'm still answering myself how you can enjoy chaotic, boring Nazjatar...
    I think it's more that the three noted zones are huge lore points throughout the years, known before World of Warcraft(with the exception of Ny'alotha) was even a thing. People expected a grandiose display for Argus and Nazjatar. They did ok with Argus, though it would have been an amazing full expansion with multiple zones. I feel like they really missed the mark with Nazjatar though, Vashj'ir turned out more grand then Nazjatar in many ways because Nazjatar doesn't do a good job showcasing the old Night Elf Architecture mixed with the new Naga Architecture. Ny'alotha not being an actual zone is kinda expected, but I feel like they put in such minimal effort with what we are getting 8.3 in terms of "zones" that people feel cheated after having several expansions in a row now where each major patch gives at least one full zone that is dedicated to the respective raid.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2019-12-26 at 10:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by ulululu View Post
    Doesn't bother the fact he ist 107% right. Solely the "Old god"-status of N'Zoth would've been a good enough reason to develop and create an entire expansion surrounding it - aside from a more lore-focused perspective, of course.

We prepared the entire expansion for the upcoming threat, channeling the very sources of our planet for getting rid of its biggest burden. Instead of crusading to the sleeping city of Ny'alotha inside the Black Empire (imagine the dimension of it as seen in the 'Warbringers: Azshara'-Cinematic): Azshara is nothing more then BfA's Lady Vashj even though she totally would've deserved the treatment of an entire expansion final boss in terms of lore importance and depth.. at least that's how it seems like now.

Wasted potential.

Shadowlands shouldn't have been a "patch content" either, btw.
    Don't read if you don't want spoils for 8.3 and beyond.
    Azshara is still alive, is doing stuff in 8.3 to backstab N'zoth and make herself stronger. To paraphras a quote I saw "I tire of working through intermediaties. When you see me next, I'll be on the throne of true power."
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

"its meaningless because I didn't slay endless mindless hordes".

You're playing the wrong game, go check out a Dynasty Warriors game if you want that useless filler. Most people playing WoW prefer trash to stay to a minimum, not be turned up to absolute maximum.
    Thats not even close to what I said. And the whole point of the legion was that it was nearly endless. Learn some lore before responding like a dickhead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Wait, you think they could've gotten away with making him just a quest mob or not having him be present at all?
    My point is that 8.3 clearly feels like a get-it-over-with patch where they do the bare minimum they have to with N'Zoth before rushing on to Shadowlands.
    Sorry you feel that way.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Thats not even close to what I said. And the whole point of the legion was that it was nearly endless.
    Not only is that what you said, you literally said it again in the next sentence.

It wasn't enough for you because you didn't kill endless amount of shitty trash demons, because you fought all of the lore important ones. So take your own advice and "learn some lore" because the difference in adding 10000000000000000000 no name trash demons or not is literally filler. You're mad because they lacked filler, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=301683/...aid-encounters
    So it's just the sanity loss reduction effect.
    Still pretty funny considering what the whole cloak concept is about and arguably the only reason for it to exist in lore and gameplay, because I'm fairly sure no one would've complained if there wasn't a legendary cloak in 8.3.
    Never, ever say no one would complain about something about WoW. You know damn well someone will complain about literally everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Can't really agree with you. I vastly prefer Kul Tiras + Zandalar to more of Argus. BfA has it shortcomings, but the setting is not one of them.

As for Ny'alotha, I wish it could of been a zone but I don't know about an entire continent. Old Gods don't really have an expansive theme and I feel like it would of gotten repetitive very quickly like felfire in Legion.
    Also we must remember that actually Old Gods got 4 zones this expansion:
    • Stormsong
    • Nazmir
    • Nazjatar
    • Pandaria + Uldum rework (counting this as one because they are just updated zones not entirely new)

Yes the first 2 aren't traditional old god themes but that is what we would get in an old god only expansion anyway. Blizz goes out of their way to try and diversify established themes to stop player fatigue so the idea that we'd get 4-5 zones of purple and not a spin on the old gods isn't consistent with what they've done before.

Really blizz could have renamed the expansion to something like "Shadow of N'Zoth", made he in-game cut scenes in the above zones the CGI cinematics instead of war campaign cgi cinematics, and most people would have felt like they got their old god expansion.
    Last edited by Temp1on2; 2019-12-26 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Nooo thank you.

This old god shit is already getting old.
    But that, and the void, is the last "big lore" they have left. They've killed off everything else. If they try to make a game where mortals attack the void, or go to the void, that would require an olympic swimming pool of asspull to do - but I would not be shocked if Afrasiabi tries. Since they ended with Old Gods again, they pivoted into deathworld™ this time, because you can't have two greens in a row or some stupid thing like that, because players might cry? Something? But mostly, because why the hell not. They completely failed at growing new lore characters to be afraid of, so they have to make up new ones that last a patch at most, or bring back old ones. But hey - the new game is about a realm that has infinite beings and races, so we can just throw new ones in any old time we like. Owl people? Done. Vampire people the vampire cosplayers have been demanding? Done. FanServiceLand™ will sell tons. Were vulpura not obvious enough to you?

Back when I was more naive and thought the Blizzard writers had talent (yes, I know), I thought they'd never actually take the game to Argus, or fighting Sargeras. It was too big in scope. It would be like setting a game in Ancient Greece, and mounting a war with spears and rocks to invade Mt. Olympus. But they went there. They used up all the big, mythiccy lore to set their expansions in, and they're running out, so of course the Old Gods show up again. I wouldn't be surprised if patch 11.0 is "Oh noes, Sargeras has escaped, whatever shall we do now?" "I know, we'll fight...each other!" (Meanwhile Sylvanas does something shady which make everyone talk smack about but will be revealed to be the key to slapping old Sarg back into his cage.)(Because our boy Alex AIN'T killing her off.)

And now, they've given themselves the biggest Xmas present of all - Chronicles isn't canon, it's just a...perspective. Oh boy. License to retcon. It's gonna get WACKY, folks, strap in. But you kids keep arguing about how it's supposed to work, when the devs have just given themselves the ability to change literally anything. Have fun with that. That's when I knew none of this was worth arguing about anymore - they're not taking it very seriously at Blizzard, why waste your time?

I have several older aunts who watch soap operas, another genre where the plots have gotten so old and moldy, the most ridiculous shit happens, and WoW is starting to be very similar to that. Very similar.

I can deal with zones being minitiarized into a patch zone, but what they did to Nazjatar (specifically, the zero lore that happens within it) is a pure insult.

Not only is that what you said, you literally said it again in the next sentence.

It wasn't enough for you because you didn't kill endless amount of shitty trash demons, because you fought all of the lore important ones. So take your own advice and "learn some lore" because the difference in adding 10000000000000000000 no name trash demons or not is literally filler. You're mad because they lacked filler, lol.
    No my point was that the whole gimmick of the legion is that it is nearly endless. Why not just skip to every named mother fucker each expansion then have 2 years of waiting for the next one?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    He's been lead up to the entire expansion, there is many quests lines where you see his direct influence. There is his fricken eye on our heads. He speaks to us many times in 8.3 we can even serve him and kill our allies. We already had a raid leading to him. And now we have the final raid around him, with him having 2 boss fights. This is all more then the other 2 old gods. Who just came out of no where and were mid their bosses.
    A lot of people are wilfully ignoring things because they just didn't like them (its fair enough not to like them). I mean, like I said in a previous post, we had 3 old god themed zones before 8.3 (Stormsong, Nazmir, Nazjatar), and each of these zones had a far deeper and more intricate in-game story than both of the other old gods combined. If this expansion had simply had a more direct old god reference in the title most people wouldn't be having a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Do you know what is Nyalotha?
    Yes. But not before this patch. And neither did you.

Just like Shadowlands was just a spooky spirit afterlife place until the expansion was announced and they decided to add more elements to it. Curious..

I disagree with Argus. I don't know how much they could have done with Argus that three mini zones didn't accomplish.

People already complain about the broken there managing to eke out a living under the legion's nose. They could have maybe added some more legion facilities but not much they could have really done with world building, and the idea of Illidan opening a portal for an unexpected quick strike at Argus feels more logical than a prolonged campaign there having success, taking the Legion off guard while it's still reeling form losing Kil'jaedan and taking out Antorus before leaving, rather than demolishign the Legion every step of the way in a normal expansion leveling process.

Najatar and Ny'alotha maybe, but Argus I don't think we could have gotten much more than we got outside of say a couple dungeons going after different legion facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Don't read if you don't want spoils for 8.3 and beyond.
    Azshara is still alive, is doing stuff in 8.3 to backstab N'zoth and make herself stronger. To paraphras a quote I saw "I tire of working through intermediaties. When you see me next, I'll be on the throne of true power."
    Same for this answer - do not read if spoils aren't wanted
    Can't imagine her to actually "overpower" N'Zoth, sure if he is weakened by them shiny "curve for inv"-Elite-Heroes of Azeroth she'd had a chance but it isn't like she had the capability of "absorbing" an old gods power.

Nazjatar should probably be a Suramar-like zone, but not a whole continent.

Ny'alotha could be, but the theme would get old. It should be more than it is however.

Argus is broken fragments of a planet thats been raped by Legion for thousands of years. It's a wasteland. What else do you really need to see there that you didn't?

Zandalar and Kul Tiras are too elaborate for just a patch zone. Too elaborate for a patch, too small for an expansion alone, but sort of works if you use both and add more too them, which they did.

Shadowlands can be whatever they want it to be and essentially be infinite. It's not the most interesting expansion setting, but my theory is this is a filler expansion, while they work on WoW 2.0 to launch for 10.0. WoW 2.0 is the same thing as they are doing for OW 2. New engine, etc, but everything carries over.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2019-12-28 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Oh those expansions based on C'thun, Yogg, and Y'Shaarj were great weren't they? Their "Old God" status was good enough for them.
    Yeah, that is why I'm criticizing every single one of those development decisions, so what?
    To be precise every one of those had been weakened tremendously beforehand, on a contextual level you can see that.

- We never faced Y'Shaarj himself, he wasn't even recovering from the Pantheons Crusade on him, and the actual threat was Garrosh who set his heartstone wrong.
    - Yogg-Saron still was under the repression of the titans designated guardians, though 2 of them lacking since they had other stuff to do (being influenced and stuff), he himself said you'd face his true form but as the environment shows he is still bound to the chains the Titans have chained him with.
    - C'Thun is a different story for me since, hey - it was the basic game; it was all in a process of development, even though I think the entire event, the special mount coming with the first opening Ahn'Qiraji was pretty dope and worthy. But it's all personal preference.

... as well as you can tell that no other Old God had more influence on the things going on on Azeroth than N'Zoth yet. (Emerald Nightmare, The Corruption of the Dragonflights, Deathwing with tentacle appendage mode and now his ongoing, direct assault on the titans soul of azeroth to name some.)

Instead of discussing this like normal people, we have a lot of babies becoming mad and telling the op he's crying or whining. What a bunch of imbeciles. Let the guy thunk what he wants. A discussion board is not meant solely for cleaning shit out of blizzards ass with your tongue, although many sorely wish it were so.

Blizzard replaced people who cared about telling a story about the entire Warcraft universe (Metzen) with people who only care about jacking off their self-insert OCs (Golden, Danuser and Afriasbi). They don't want to focus on Argus, Nazjatar and Ny'alotha because then they'd have to postpone their latest round of circlejerking about how smart, brave and powerful Sylvanas is.