In today's dark times do we need someone like John Sheridan?

We are living in dark times. In many places freedom and democracy are under retreat. Brazil, Russia, India, Saudi Arabia, and China have used their influence to push authoritarianism.

What if John Sheridan was the American president?

How would our world deal with someone who is willing to stand up for human rights and not afraid to fight back?

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    We are living in dark times. In many places freedom and democracy are under retreat. Brazil, Russia, India, Saudi Arabia, and China have used their influence to push authoritarianism.

What if John Sheridan was the American president?

How would our world deal with someone who is willing to stand up for human rights and not afraid to fight back?
    Why Brazil?

I don't know who this guy is, so I have no idea.

Still, never look for one hero that will keep us free. If you want to keep freedom and democracy, just have a functional government (rule of law and a constitution), freedom of speech and gun access to the general population and you are set.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    Why Brazil?

I don't know who this guy is, so I have no idea.

Still, never look for one hero that will keep us free. If you want to keep freedom and democracy, just have a functional government (rule of law and a constitution), freedom of speech and gun access to the general population and you are set.
    As well as it could be said.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

I don't think we live in 'dark times'. I think the people who believe as much simply need to focus on issues closer to home instead of worrying about what is happening in countries thousands of miles away that they've likely never stepped foot in, never will step foot in and only worry about them because the mainstream media encourages them to get up in arms over them.

Quote Originally Posted by WKOstarion View Post
    so who is john sheridan op?
    the 2nd commander of babylon 5 in the TV series.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."