Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Most Anticipated Titles of 2020?

New year new games and this year will probably be one of the big ones. What games are you most excited for that are slated to release this year (doesn't have to have a concrete release date, but does have to be 2020).

Mine are:

1. Elden Ring - From Software is the most consistent dev in the business and now they're tackling an open world game with Mr. Game of Thrones himself? Count me in.

2. Cyberpunk 2077 - If CD Projekt Red pulls this off they'll officially be the rulers of open world RPGs. It looks super interesting but they've never made an FPS before so we'll see how it goes. I have some hesitation but I think they'll pull it off.

3. Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Ori and the Blind Forest is one of the best Metroidvania games ever made (better than Hollow Knight don't @ me) and this game seems to make the combat and traversal even more satisfying. Super hyped.

4. The Last of Us Part 2 - If the game came out today I don't know how hyped I'd be since I'm not really in the mood for a depressing game atm, but when I am I 100% confident they'll knock this game out of the park.

5. Final Fantasy 7 Remake - Never played FF7 more than like 2 hours, so I'm excited to play this game with a more action focused combat system. I'm curious about how breaking it up will play out though.

Bonus: Playstation 5. I've owned every Sony console since the PS2 and they never disappoint even if the PS3 had a rough start. With the PS4 Sony has only further solidified themselves as the most exciting console manufacturer and publisher of the 3 with exciting new IPs but also a consistent high quality. Plus Backwards Compatibility will ensure that I can pick the PS5 up day one and still get playtime out of it.

CP77, RE3, FF7 RM, Last of Us 2, Dying Light 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines 2, System Shock RM...

Probably others, those just off the top of my head -- of what I'd play anyways.

It would be Half-Life Alyx if not for the fact that I don't currently and won't be owning a VR system anytime soon.

It's simply too expensive for me to drop so much money on what amounts to a single game, as I have no real interest in any VR games currently on the market.

Beyond that, Cyberpunk 77 looks promising and I always look forward to new WoW expansions, even if the premise of Shadowlands isn't all that interesting to me.

Frankly I play so much WoW that I barely have time to play anything else, and a lot of the games I do play are old games or re-releases, so there's very few new games I actually look forward to.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

7+ Year Old Account
    Star Citizen!! .. wat?

Doom Eternal /Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Doomislav View Post
    Star Citizen!! .. wat?
    Surely out this decade, just got to be optimistic.

Cyberpunk, Doom Eternal, WoW: Shadowlands are the big three. But I still have a humongous backlog and will also probably play other stuff like the DLC for The Outer Worlds or Total War Warhammer. Feels like I never have enough time to play the games I want.

Necromunda: Underhive Wars
    Baldur's Gate 3
    Cyberpunk (although I probably won't be able to play it right away)

To add one that hasn't been mentioned yet: Animal Crossing: New Horizon.

I've had a mean hankering for a new "chill out" game lately, but not quite for the Stardew Valley variety, and it's a bit too late to start up New Leaf again, I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    It would be Half-Life Alyx if not for the fact that I don't currently and won't be owning a VR system anytime soon.

It's simply too expensive for me to drop so much money on what amounts to a single game, as I have no real interest in any VR games currently on the market.

Beyond that, Cyberpunk 77 looks promising and I always look forward to new WoW expansions, even if the premise of Shadowlands isn't all that interesting to me.

Frankly I play so much WoW that I barely have time to play anything else, and a lot of the games I do play are old games or re-releases, so there's very few new games I actually look forward to.
    Same here. I'm so bummed that HL:A is VR only.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    2. Cyberpunk 2077 - If CD Projekt Red pulls this off they'll officially be the rulers of open world RPGs. It looks super interesting but they've never made an FPS before so we'll see how it goes. I have some hesitation but I think they'll pull it off.
    They arguably already have that title thanks to Witcher 3, no open-world game that has come along since surpasses it or even comes close really. And you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect Cyberpunk to be the same kind of RPG/experience as Witcher 3, it is a very different game and takes place in a much smaller (but densely packed) worldspace.

I'm still quite excited for it - just built a new RTX PC to make sure I can run it without issues - but like you I have some hesitation. For example I hate that it is first person only, for one thing. What is the point of extensive customization if we're never going to see the character?

Other than that I'm looking forward to Animal Crossing NH, RE3make, Shadowlands and Doom Eternal. I'm hoping against hope that a new Horizon Zero Dawn will ship with the PS5 but I doubt that's going to happen.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-01-03 at 04:22 AM.

Persona 5 Royal Edition:....looks fantastic and yeah its an expanded version of an old game but..Persona 5 is just amazing anyway

Ghost of Tsushima....Sucker Punch don't fail me now!

Avengers by Square Enix: looks pretty good so far....

No More Heroes 3: cant help it I'm a sucker for anything Suda51

Resident Evil 3! 2 was amazing so 3 is going to be fantastic

Then well more DLC for Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid and Smash Ultimate!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomislav View Post
    Star Citizen!! .. wat?
    ^^ This... and Microsoft FS 2020...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Project Sakura Wars

After 15 years of being dead, the franchise is back! This is the first installment in a new storyline.

For the next game, I hope that Lancelot becomes romanceable, and that the New York Star Division will get some love. It saddens me that Sakura Wars V is regarded as the black sheep of the series. Please bring back the Shinster!

Pantheon even though it might not even happen

Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord is the big one for me. Played the first one to bits, and then again and again with different mods.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord is the big one for me. Played the first one to bits, and then again and again with different mods.
    I completely forgot about it. Is it releasing this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I completely forgot about it. Is it releasing this year?
    Early access is at least.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

The gaming industry is drifting away further and further from my taste. Is the Baldur's Gate 3 thing still in the work?

Warhammer 3 Total War without a doubt it's already amazing at this point and part 3 will only add to that by adding more races and expanding the map.

Bannerlord is another one I've been waiting along time for.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Same here. I'm so bummed that HL:A is VR only.

- - - Updated - - -

They arguably already have that title thanks to Witcher 3, no open-world game that has come along since surpasses it or even comes close really. And you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect Cyberpunk to be the same kind of RPG/experience as Witcher 3, it is a very different game and takes place in a much smaller (but densely packed) worldspace.

I'm still quite excited for it - just built a new RTX PC to make sure I can run it without issues - but like you I have some hesitation. For example I hate that it is first person only, for one thing. What is the point of extensive customization if we're never going to see the character?

Other than that I'm looking forward to Animal Crossing NH, RE3make, Shadowlands and Doom Eternal. I'm hoping against hope that a new Horizon Zero Dawn will ship with the PS5 but I doubt that's going to happen.
    I don't really think you can consider any developer that makes 1 great game to be the best. It takes multiple amazing games to earn that title. For instance From Software has made 5 Soulsbourne games this past decade and no one has surpassed them even though many devs have tried. That indicates that they truly are the pinnacle of that genre.

On the other hand there actually haven't been many games like The Witcher 3 that have come out since 2015. Also I don't believe Cyberpunk 2077 will be The Witcher 3 with guns, but I do hope/expect it to be a game of similar quality.