Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Hopefully not the CW, as I would rather Superman actually be a man and Lois know what gender she is, without Luthor showing up confused as to which of those two he is secretly in love with.
    Spoiler alert: He's actually in love with Krypto: The Super Dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Is Titans even good? I haven't seen it.
    It’s a lot better than I ever expected it to be. Very dark, and they’ve made some weird story choices. If you can move past this not being the Teen Titans of the comics it’s worth a watch. Takes a few episodes to get going though.

Doom Patrol though, Doom Patrol may be the best thing on TV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Hopefully not the CW, as I would rather Superman actually be a man and Lois know what gender she is, without Luthor showing up confused as to which of those two he is secretly in love with.
    OMG I'm laughing and crying at the same time, this is both hilarious and hits way too close to reality at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

The Flash has consistently been their best show. Grant Gustin is also a much better Flash than the cinematic version.
    That bar is so low it's indistinguishable from the floor my man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll..try to see how it goes but nothing beats Smallville for me. Also the CW is decent its not Marvel quality but then again I did watch Thor Ragnarok and that was "ok" by my standards.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Ezra wasn't the problem. The problem, other than that the movie was garbage, was that Flash was written as the stupid sidekick comic relief character rather than as a hero in his own right. Even his big hero moment at the end where he saves one family is played off as a big joke when Superman saves an entire building of people at the same time.

Lois Lane has always been a career oriented women and she's always bossed Clark around...because the persona of Clark Kent is a "Mild-Mannered Reporter". Also, "belligerent" and "shy" are kind of antonyms.

Jimmy Olsen already exists in the Arrowverse... and he's black. I'm sure that makes you almost as mad though. His sister is a lesbian too...so you can be extra mad.
    Indeed Ezra wasn't the problem, although I found the Flash one of the coolest characters and more fun becuase he wasn't all Grrrr and serious like the rest, while having a bit of spunk too. I figured correctly that he is Barry Allen before he is known as the Flash, and actually comes out as the Flash in that movie, so he's not going to be all super polished and awesome like the other heroes who at that stage have been in full swing much longer.

Let's just say we have different tastes.

was not mad at Supergirl Jimmy Olson being black at all, found it strange given that he isusally a skinny, nerdish white guy, and we get a hunk of a black man playiing him, but firs season supergirl while not my favourite was in another league to how the show went when it crossed over to the CW, where it the feminism and lesbianism is just stupid ridiculous, peddling false fanasies, false allegories of real life situations which just end up making them look even more silly.. but hten it's a fantasy show. FOr what it's worth I liked Melissa and quite liked Mon'el too.

But the socio-political agenda and shoving down our throats was very cringe worthy. The new season is even more fail.. that line where she gloas over having pants.. wow how pathetic can they get - women are portrayed as only being happy and fitting when they are behaving and acting outexactly like men, as if society's male standard is some holy grail for women to strive for rather than being themselves.

If you want an example of a great female heroine done right, go watch Star Trek Discovery's lead, and let's cut all the crap imitation in Arrowverse with the feminist lesbian agenda so blatant in Supergirl and Batwoman. So off putting and nothing to be proud of to be just like a man.

So you didn't like Seasons 2 and 3 with Zoom and Savitar? Because those were awesome. It's Season 4 that started to go downhill with The Thinker and then Cicada in Season 6 was horrible.
    The only time Flash is ever good is when reverse Flash is on screen, or is the antagonist. Zoom was good up until he took the mask off. Savitar was stupid from episode 1 of S3. Not only was their version of Flashpoint really dumb, but the set up for it all was also dumb. S4 and S5 were both terrible. Iris West is a horribly written character.
    Arrow has been hit or miss, the last good season was Season 4 with Damien Darhk. Prometheus was pretty forgettable in Season 5 and a far cry from the source material.
    Pretty unpopular opinion. Most (including myself) like S5. I like S2 as well. S3 was awful. S4 was just okay. Never bothered with S6 or S7.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    It’s a lot better than I ever expected it to be. Very dark, and they’ve made some weird story choices. If you can move past this not being the Teen Titans of the comics it’s worth a watch. Takes a few episodes to get going though.
    I'd argue S2 is when it actually gets good. S1 is bad. Trigon was treated like trash, and it was edgy for edginess' sake. S2 seems to have gotten better at how it handles dark themes.
    Last edited by Goldielocks; 2019-10-29 at 03:01 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Knowing the CW, it'll have superman and lois lanes roles reversed...
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Ezra Miller was more of a Wally west then a Barry Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    I'd argue S2 is when it actually gets good. S1 is bad. Trigon was treated like trash, and it was edgy for edginess' sake. S2 seems to have gotten better at how it handles dark themes.
    Titans gets fun in the second half of the first season as long as you don't think of it as a Teen Titans show. It's definitely not great, but it's fun enough to hold interest.

Time to get Dean Cain and Terri Hatcher out of retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Time to get Dean Cain and Terri Hatcher out of retirement.
    Dean Cain plays Supergirls foster dad in the show,Teri Hatcher played a psychotic alien queen who tried to kill Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    Dean Cain plays Supergirls foster dad in the show,Teri Hatcher played a psychotic alien queen who tried to kill Supergirl.
    Oh yeah? That's pretty cool. Never seen it obviously, but I'm glad they added those two to the cast.

You'll be happy to know Tom Welling is coming back as Superman for this year's Crisis on Infinite Earths then.
    HE WHAT?

Holy shit that's going be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Oh yeah? That's pretty cool. Never seen it obviously, but I'm glad they added those two to the cast.
    I watched the first 2 seasons,they use a lot of the prior actors in the roles as villains/heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    This is when I play to nostalgic purist card and say the one and true CW Superman is the one from Smallville.
    Thank you... didn't want to be the first to say it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Thank you... didn't want to be the first to say it.
    Tyler Hoechlin has been good as Superman on Supergirl. It's obviously a different take than Smallville though since Clark was never "Superman" in it. People know Superman in this Universe, Smallville hid him for most of its run.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    Tyler Hoechlin has been good as Superman on Supergirl. It's obviously a different take than Smallville though since Clark was never "Superman" in it. People know Superman in this Universe, Smallville hid him for most of its run.
    Tyler has done a fine job... but my CW Clark will always be Tom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post

As far as superman and lois goes, its hard for me to tell. Supergirl really toom things on an openly and blatant liberal way and to some extent that took some courage (although, in this age, not nearly as much as before). I respect that even if it made me cringe at times.

I seriously liked the handful of episodes that centered around the Luthors. The show shined when it remembered the 3 Hs that made Flash such a delight: Heart, Humor and Heroics. They did butcher Red Son and I will never forgive that XD.

Hopefully they will try to have less of an agenda and just go back to making great super hero shows.
    If by Liberal you mean the overly dominant fem tones, that's not going away, that is across board for the CW shows. Expect no different here.

Apparently the show is going to focus on the couples as parents juggling the usual stresses and emergencies. How old the child is going to be is unknown though. A teenage son would have been good, but unlikely since he is male, he would be a baby where gender is not that visible.

I'm surprised they didn't give them a daughter though, with Arrow going and switching to female centric new show, the Batwoman, Supergirl, Legends also being female centric, I expect Lois & Superman to follow the trend. With the flash being the only male lead show of them simply because it started in a period that this current trend hadn't quite picked up yet. Now that it has, expect a female centric show. Only thing is girls aren't into this sort of thing as much as boys are, so it is a bit puzzling, but their network, and nobody forces anyone to watch it if they don't like it (minus subliminal messaging and similar techniques ofc)

- - - Updated - - -

Well more news about it came from this tweet:

It would appear that, somehow Lois and Clark are going to be parents, and the son is not going to be a baby, but a teenager, and it seems he has a rival/best friend .. like Lex Luthor in the old smallville.

Now we've seen this card play if you watched Smallville, but I hope they do a Lena Luthor with Ethan and don't essentially turn him into Lex 2.0... however I know the focus is not going to be on the superhero/villains, but more on the human life side of the family.

Okay.. it is interesting that the 2 characters are definitely MALE and they are both CAUCASIAN which is very surprising for the CW, because you have 3 males, and 4 Caucasians as the main cast.

So where is the liberal diversity going to come in? I reckon either one of the boys is going to be LGBTQ or both of them are. However I would be UTTERLY SHOCKED, and quite pleased if they end up being straight, cos believe it or not, this would actually be unconventional and noteworthy, especially for the CW.

We shall see though.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Okay.. it is interesting that the 2 characters are definitely MALE and they are both CAUCASIAN which is very surprising for the CW, because you have 3 males, and 4 Caucasians as the main cast. .
    Thats super boy and damian wayne.

the names are fake names just for the casting calls
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552