Poll: Does 8.3 Seduce You?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

8.3 for some reason just doesn't seduce me

For some reason, 8.3 just doesn't seduce me. Like yeah, it offers a raid - normally the cherry on top in terms of a content update like this. But then, what else? Like yay! Some Uldum and Vale content? Yay! What else? Nothing else! And none of the resources seemed to have gone into Shadowlands! What do you think? Vote in the poll!
    Last edited by visualdave; 2020-01-09 at 11:40 PM.

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    Hmm Horrific visions, what else?
    Reworked Deepwind Gorge battleground,what else?
    New allied races, What else?
    Heroic darkshore warfront, what else?
    Mythic mechagon, what else?
    New brawl, what else?
    New collectables like mounts and transmog, what else?
    New experimental gearing process to replace titanforging, what else?
    New AH system, what else?

I could go on and on, but in the end if nothing of the new content interests you in the slightest maybe the current game is not for you anymore. With that said what is lacking that was in the past that is not presented here that long longer draws your attention. Because to me what i see it's the usual same old pattern of raid, plus catch up gear and a sub zone or two along side a progressive/grindable instance and some fun activities.

Wasn't wow always like that though or am i missing a memo?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadgear View Post
    New brawl, what else?

I could go on and on, but in the end if nothing of the new content interests you in the slightest maybe the current game is not for you anymore. With that said what is lacking that was in the past that is not presented here that long longer draws your attention. Because to me what i see it's the usual same old pattern of raid, plus catch up gear and a sub zone or two along side a progressive/grindable instance and some fun activities.

Horrific Visions - Interest me
    Reworked Deepwind - No interest
    New Allied Races - No interest
    Heroic Warfronts - No interest, is like making a meal of Poo a Heroic Poo
    Mythic Mechagon - Nope, was quit when it came out and don't care about mythic version
    Brawl - No interests
    Collectables - No interest
    Corruption gear - No interest
    Ah system - Yes let me stare at it for weeks on end, NO INTEREST!

Go away Ion!
    Last edited by visualdave; 2020-01-10 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by visualdave View Post
    For some reason, 8.3 just doesn't seduce me. Like yeah, it offers a raid - normally the cherry on top in terms of a content update like this. But then, what else? Like yay! Some Uldum and Vale content? Yay! What else? Nothing else! And none of the resources seemed to have gone into Shadowlands! What do you think? Vote in the poll!
    It's an incredibly lazy patch, with no new zone, just some new stuff in old zones, only a raid, dumb Allied Races, and corrupted gear is a terrible idea. Not really looking forward to it. This will be a quiet year.

Quote Originally Posted by Canirus View Post
    It's an incredibly lazy patch, with no new zone, just some new stuff in old zones, only a raid, dumb Allied Races, and corrupted gear is a terrible idea. Not really looking forward to it. This will be a quiet year.
    Most definitely. Agreed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the corruption system is too much, people are already annoyed with gimmicky gear and they throw in even more. I'm also not a fan of tentacles/eyeballs/occult. I'm 0/10 seduced, a dry boy.

Most definitely. Agreed.
    Are you and Canirus alts of each other?

Anyway, to answer the OP.

Ok, don't play it if you don't feel there's anything for you. It's not my job or Blizzard's job to convince you how to spend your time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to admit that for something that's supposed to hold us out for potentially most of the year, it does look rather lacklustre. It seems like the sort of stuff that will be fun at first but will wear off fairly quickly for some people, and when it does, the patch will offer them little to nothing. A little worried about the state of the game 3 to 6 months from now.

As a Classic player, it really hyped me, especially the AH, up until they talk about Corruption gear. I can't stand that convoluted gimmicky shit that they do to gear. But this is even worse. I hate corruption, insanity, etc... Gear being convoluted was probably my #1 reason for going to Classic.

Probably not going to bother either tbh. I'll wait for SL.

I want to level a DK but I can wait for the new leveling experience for that.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's just more of the same.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

The corruption system is 100% opt in, for all the people who are negative about it. Titanforging is not.

It is entirely up to you whether you want to take part in the corruption gear system. Just cleanse it if you truly don't like the 'gimmick'

I like taking on additional power or benefits with a drawback. It becomes a balancing act, much like trying to balance my hit and expertise ratings back in the day whilst trying to push crit/haste/APen, or like MF in D2

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Are you and Canirus alts of each other?

Anyway, to answer the OP.

Ok, don't play it if you don't feel there's anything for you. It's not my job or Blizzard's job to convince you how to spend your time.
    It is indeed Blizzards job to convince you how to spend your free time. In Dave's case Blizzard has failed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Blizzard releases new zone: "What the fuck Blizzard, couldn't you have worked on making more interesting systems?"

Blizzard releases new interesting systems: "What the fuck Blizzard, couldn't you have released a new zone?"

The universal rule of MMO-C prevails again: No matter what Blizzard does or doesn't do... the only reason they did or didn't do it is because fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Blizzard releases new zone: "What the fuck Blizzard, couldn't you have worked on making more interesting systems?"

Blizzard releases new interesting systems: "What the fuck Blizzard, couldn't you have released a new zone?"

The universal rule of MMO-C prevails again: No matter what Blizzard does or doesn't do... the only reason they did or didn't do it is because fuck you.
    Some mmo-c posters expect every patch to be expansion levels of content and will always be negative. They shrug off all the new/improved things and just claim nothing is happening or interesting.

15+ Year Old Account
    This story in this expansion has been so bad and the characters so annoying (other than Bwansomdi), I don't even care anymore. It's all one giant forgettable blur until Shadowlands.

BFA is the Jar-Jar Binks of WoW expansions.

Good. Getting seducted is painful.

8.3 just seduced me to bed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    The corruption system is 100% opt in, for all the people who are negative about it. Titanforging is not.
    Yeah, why couldn't we purify Titanforges? WHY???

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadgear View Post
    New brawl, what else?

Almost everything you listed is a refresh, re-hash or improvement upon something existing.

I think that's the issue most people have with 8.3. What does it really bring that's new? The raid?

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize there is no shame in admitting Wow isn't for you any longer and moving on to something different.

- - - Updated - - -

Go away Ion!
    Yea, that's not going to happen... You'll quit before Ion leaves.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.