Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    true, but would be kind of weird to get pre-order feature before the last patch
    and tbh if i remember correctly they mentioned they will probably continue with ar after bfa if there is any fitting race (bcs i guess races we have were sooo fitting )
    Maybe. The banner placement and the fact that on both sides, the list is one off from a full set is gonna irk me then. Feels like those are Legion/BfA era races and it would've been nice to end the list with one more set. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Maybe. The banner placement and the fact that on both sides, the list is one off from a full set is gonna irk me then. Feels like those are Legion/BfA era races and it would've been nice to end the list with one more set. Oh well.
    i mean i wouldnt mind, but we did get a lot races already, i wouldnt mind no new races for some time now
    as for the banner, i dont think they knew how many races they will add when they were making it, they probably just make it long and said "fuck it"

BFA was a shit expansion anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by shaggawoolin View Post
    Oh yeah, the "sub count does not matter for your fun" myth.

But it does. How much fun is a MMORPG with noone to play with or against?

Have you ever wondered why no battlegrounds open on low level in some regions anymore?

Or why LFR is only opening on prime time in some regions?

Or why the world feels that empty?

Yep. It is the sub count.
    I am confused, did you not want more single-player content only a day ago? So what use do you have for other people?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    So like every Expansion for the last 15 years? Are you new here?
    Not quite. The game does not cater to his demands for single player content on par with Single Player Action RPGs, so Ion has basically become his sworn enemy and he will go to any length to complain about him. It is quite fun to observe really.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    We already have leaks saying it is delayed. Smart people do research before they put their money where their mouth is.
    Ye, I remember all the leaks we had only month ago that acurately and without fail showed the next expansion, all 20 of them, with different content. Pure fact!
    For some people on this forum it really seems that "My brother works at Blizzard and told me..." is an actual reason to believe someone.

MMOC Daily: Someone starts spewing nonesense, a second person repeats it, the third accepts it as proven fact. It shows how our society works and why fake news is such an issue. People do not have the capacity for critical thinking anymore.

The game feels like a single player venture if you don’t Mythic raid. Unless they fix that it will be more of the same.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimpoli View Post
    This is in the store:
    *World of Warcraft®: Shadowlands expansion available on or before December 31, 2020

They are obligated to launch by then.

Legion and BfA had that exact same message, both which came out in August.

Pray tell, what will you do when Shadowlands comes out around August/Sept and your fearmongering and pointless negativity is exposed as exactly that?

There's no point hanging around a forum for a hobby just to be pessimistic and negative about it, especially when you're not even attempting to be objective.
    Actually Digital Media don't follow the law you're thinking of.

It's how Movies and games can be forever delayed without any legal bounce back x

Better not see any of you tourists in my game after the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggawoolin View Post
    I will remind you of my words when shadowlands will be available in march 2021.
    Shadowlands will certainly be available still in March 2021 after it releases in summer 2020.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    That patch also launched with THREE new dungeons and an alt friendly gearing and progression system. The key here is alt friendliness, something 8.3 has nothing of.
    The dungeons that were for catchup only?

That dropped 232 gear which was ToC10 level so if you weren't awful at the game they were useless day 1?

I didn't even bother discussing ICC, and its time gated raid wing release over 2 months, and can't start heroic because you need to kill Arthas, but you can't fight him until February when the raid came out in December.

Oh, and we'll put a shared pool of limited attempts in for each wing's end boss.

Imagine being the kind of person to sit around and bitch incessantly about content droughts at the end of WoW expansions... Just imagine it.

It has been a fact of the game for so long, yet people act as if "questioning" (whining) will change the facts of game development... And now they even cut down the drought period to boot, the Legion drought was too short even.

Do other things, you clearly have the time at your disposal.

Cool, I'll play a bit of Classic after May-June after I get 2k RIO on my main, mounts and all and then a new video game and a deep vacation till release.

Some of you clearly should have quit a long time ago but you're ''in too deep''.
    Sad!
    Last edited by Voidwielder; 2020-01-14 at 03:46 PM.

Who gives a crap about content drought when you got Cyberpunk, Doom and Marvel coming out. That should tie up a bit of time!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Newsflash for everyone! If they cant salvage this expansion by making a final patch with satisfactory content then there is little hope for the next expansion.
    What makes you think this? Cats had a sub par final patch but mop was absolutely massive the same thing then happened with legion. End patches being bad have never reflected on the best expan.

After the disaster that BFA is. No surprise they will take a year to make shadowlands good enough. And with enough i mean "passable". Damn, I miss Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I don't really see what a 0.5 patch would even offer anything interesting. The faster BFA is over the better. Sadly we are looking at a content drought which will last at least 8 months if we're lucky.
    I would say that the period between when people are done with 8.3 and the pre-patch for 9.0 hits will be no more than 4 months. That's normal people, not the rush to be first crowd.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

I think they are putting their resources on Shadowlands because deep inside they know bfa isn't great and they want to focus on next expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    It’s WoD —> Legion all over again..
    Wod had one patch bfa had 3, they are not comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Wod had one patch bfa had 3, they are not comparable.
    That’s not what I meant.

Seems to be that they realize that this expac was quite the trashfire, though couldn't really afford to cut it as short as they did WoD. That said choosing between 'taking more time to make a small patch' and 'Maybe getting more hands on deck to make Shadowlands as good as it can be' maybe they felt the latter was a better move all in all.

That said, if they can get it out around October at the latest(start of Q4), 9 months should be alright for a Max Wait Time, though they'd be better off I think dropping around August-Sept. They'll lose some in the summer slump(which to be fair can hit about any MMO), but maybe trying to go for quality here might be better.

I'm mostly playing Classic casually these days but I'll poke in to see a Void Elf DK to go with my warrior fella at least, though I've been sporadic at best during BfA; I just couldn't gel with it. Story put me off almost completely, gameplay didn't light me on fire, though I do try to pop back in to see the new patches. Probably the least time I've spent on an expac, though, and that includes WoD. I think I might feel better once whatever this story arc they're trying to tell is done.

That said I don't think they can afford to wait too far past October, and they definitely can't afford to under-deliver for Shadowlands. Nah, it still won't kill it(I really do think only time will do that), but it'll hit them needlessly if it's another bomb.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    That’s not what I meant.
    Then elaborate.