Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Apparently, people are, unless I'm misunderstanding people in this thread.
    I think you're assuming people just went straight to rank 6 cloak and then are using additional runs to get mementos. No one ever said they did that in the thread.

What's happening is during the upgrading of rank 2-6 some people are taking the chance on some of those runs to do the 2 middle areas (or 1 middle area like I did), this allows you gain more mementos and go further in the tree while also still upgrading your cloak to the max that's possible this week.

Hence why it's risky, but payoff is big.

Quote Originally Posted by Fartoo View Post
    You don't need a group, can do it alone as well.
    No I can't. Barely escape the basics without dying.... all well and good for tank types etc, but where is the 3 per run heal myself to 100% button? Nope - just a sanity button. For me to heal to max, I have to find a safe area and eat food - that's around 300 sanity just to heal myself.

Now I have the 40% reduction in sanity loss, and the 3 sanity resets - I can probably afford to do that once or twice a run.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2020-01-16 at 02:10 PM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Don't you just need to kill Thrall/Alleria each time to get to level 6? How can you possibly fail that? I guess some people are trying to push into harder zones early, but that's really kinda pointless.
    thrall/alleria till rank 5, for rank 6 you need to do one of the side zones

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like a waste of Visions but to each their own, not banking Visions means you'll take like 3-4 weeks longer to complete your cloak unless you grind unnecessarily hard.
    why bank visions? you get 1 per week for doing a nzoth assault and its capped on rank 6 and increasing by 1 rank every week

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    But how do you get to rank 6 already ? That's like farming another 20 or 30 chests... that's a day's worth of farming

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Don't you just need to kill Thrall/Alleria each time to get to level 6? How can you possibly fail that? I guess some people are trying to push into harder zones early, but that's really kinda pointless.
    I believe it's mostly for disconnects. Tying your characters power to something as random as an internet connection is not fair.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

why bank visions? you get 1 per week for doing a nzoth assault and its capped on rank 6 and increasing by 1 rank every week
    You can hold 5 of the keys, and 25000 of the currency to buy them... maybe some idea of increasing the research ahead of the cloak or something ?

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    But how do you get to rank 6 already ? That's like farming another 20 or 30 chests... that's a day's worth of farming
    not 6 yet, am at 5 atm, but the quest says you need to get a book by defeating one of the side bosses (dont think you even need to kill thrall)

i didnt farm for visions, you get 3 runs for free pretty much by doing the quest chain, and getting a 4th one wasnt that much of a chore

not 6 yet, am at 5 atm,
    Yeah - same, have around 2k left after getting to rank 5 and only 5k more from minor visions this week.

I'm a bit paranoid about the next rank because my health drops like an anchor in those things.

Good news is if you're in current raid gear you can rofl stomp both the left and right sides before going for alleria / thrall and still have plenty of time. Hell we already have enough time to hut down the hidden chests and once you're cape hit's rank 5 and gets the 40% reduction..omegalol

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Because certain ranks require more than one run to get the amount needed to finish the quest. Eventually you'll hit a week where you can't farm enough Visions through normal means to get enough runs for that level, banking extra Visions solves this issue. Puts you like 3 weeks ahead of people who aren't banking.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Good news is if you're in current raid gear
    ... and you are a tank spec, or healing capable character.

- - - Updated - - -

Because certain ranks require more than one run to get the amount needed to finish the quest. Eventually you'll hit a week where you can't farm enough Visions through normal means to get enough runs for that level, banking extra Visions solves this issue. Puts you like 3 weeks ahead of people who aren't banking.
    Ok I believe you are correct, I just don't understand how you are correct.

You take the exact same number of steps to get a cloak rank either way... so I still don't understand how banking helps.

Oh we just bring a healer and roll 4 DPS

for later weeks ye sure, thought you were talking about the first week

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah - same, have around 2k left after getting to rank 5 and only 5k more from minor visions this week.

I'm a bit paranoid about the next rank because my health drops like an anchor in those things.
    There's a daily lesser vision each day with a quest right outside that awards you 1k visions. Then there's also daily assault quests for a total of 300 visions each day too. So at minimum you can get 1.3k visions per day you'll have enough for rank 6 before next reset since you've been successful each run!

10+ Year Old Account
    I push 2 zones before winding back to kill Thrall, it's just extra chests to loot which means more upgrade currency for the Archives. How is that pointless? lol

My vision just froze when I was killing Thrall, for 5 minutes nothing happened, I could walk around, just not cast spells, and all mobs was frozen. Eventually it dced out. So yeah, you can fail that.

Any advice how to catch up if that happens?

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Oh we just bring a healer and roll 4 DPS
    Yeah - not so easy when you have to solo them as a squishy mage dps.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I believe you are correct, I just don't understand how you are correct.

You take the exact same number of steps to get a cloak rank either way... so I still don't understand how banking helps.
    later part of the upgrades require you to get multiple pages for upgrades (past rank 6 you need 8 pages per week) and you can get 3 per run, 1 from each boss in the medium area (total of 2) and one from thrall/alleria, so you need to do 3 runs per week minimum

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    My vision just froze when I was killing Thrall, for 5 minutes nothing happened, I could walk around, just not cast spells, and all mobs was frozen. Eventually it dced out. So yeah, you can fail that.

Any advice how to catch up if that happens?
    You just wait until you get more currency to buy another key. It's capped at 6 and then rank 7 next week, so you have plenty of time. You get about 2-3 keys a week so you can't possibly lag behind general population of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    There's a daily lesser vision each day with a quest right outside that awards you 1k visions. Then there's also daily assault quests for a total of 300 visions each day too. So at minimum you can get 1.3k visions per day you'll have enough for rank 6 before next reset since you've been successful each run!
    I've done the daily lesser vision twice (2k for first and 1k for subsequent).
    I've done the daily quests and even some chests (for 1.5k extra).

Still not going to have enough for rank 6.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    You get about 2-3 keys a week so you can't possibly lag behind general population of players.
    Yes - but from Rank 6 -> Rank 15 you need more than 1 key to get a rank, so yes - you can still fall behind pretty damn easily.