Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I don't need to handwave anything, I literally have more games I want to play then I have time to play. We are currently in one of the best periods in gaming history. If you think it's bad because of garbage like Anthem or Fallout 76 you're getting hyped for shit that is pretty obviously going to be actual shit.
    One of the best periods in gaming history? According to who? Lol, the industry is getting more and more anti-consumer by the day.

Video Games are currently in a renaissance, not even close to a dark age. Stop living in the AAA hype train bubble and expand your horizons. The "dark ages" of gaming was the shitty ass gen 7 where we where getting spoonfed generic shooter after generic shooter, gaming has come a long way out from that shit hole.
    TBH I'd rather take brown-n-bloom shooters over getting bled to death by microtransactions. It also didn't take 2-3 years to get back up after faceplanting at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    One of the best periods in gaming history? According to who? Lol, the industry is getting more and more anti-consumer by the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinese Bootlickers View Post
    TBH I'd rather take brown-n-bloom shooters over getting bled to death by microtransactions. It also didn't take 2-3 years to get back up after faceplanting at launch.
    Didn't take long for 2 people to play the "MTX" or "anti consumer" cards.

I play quality games. Most of the quality games I play have no MTX at all, and I am pretty much always in the middle of playing a good game these days. There is more good games to play then I have time to play. Once again I think people need to expand out of their tiny bubbles.

Instead I guess you guys would rather stand around being outraged because Anthem was a shit game with MTX then actually playing good games. You would rather be mad, then enjoy their time. That is what I derive from posts like this.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-11-02 at 11:40 PM.

I play quality games. Most of the quality games I play have no MTX at all, and I am pretty much always in the middle of playing a good game these days. There is more good games to play then I have time to play. Once again I think people need to expand out of their tiny bubbles.

Instead I guess you guys would rather stand around being outraged because Anthem was a shit game with MTX then actually playing good games. You would rather be mad, then enjoy their time. That is what I derive from posts like this.
    Cause and effect. The issue is that the anti-consumer companies' games are tremendously successful financially. The analysts that analyze data and propose models for future games and campaigns which follow suit.

Take Battlefront 2 as an example. It takes years, and years of bad-practices in games for the community to suddenly become outraged. All the while supporting these games.

The result is that people like you and me suffer in the end. The only difference between you and me is that you put your head in the sand and stay quiet while I don't.

One of my favourite quotes come in here: "If I were to remain silent, I'd be guilty of complicity." - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    The result is that people like you and me suffer in the end.
    I haven't suffered from anything sunshine. I am having a blast with gaming, more so then I have since gens 4/5/6 while I was a kid.

While you guys are out hearing crying cause you rode some AAA hype train and got sold a bare bones game full of mtx I'm out here drowning in RPGs and loads of other genres.

10+ Year Old Account
    You folks realize you can just . . . not play games that do things you don't like, right?

Don't like microtransactions, just don't play games that have 'em. Simple.

Games I've played (not necessarily finished) in the last month or so include, in no particular order;

The Outer Worlds
    Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus
    The Creature in the Well
    Hollow Knight
    Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
    Arkham Knight

Of those, I don't recall microtransactions. If Arkham Knight and Wolfenstein had 'em, I didn't notice and they weren't shoved in my face. The others don't.

Weirdly, I've barely spent anything, either. The only game I paid even half-price for was PoE. Arkham Knight was free via Epic Games, Hollow Knight I owned from ages back, and the others I got off my Xbox Game Pass which cost me a whole buck.
    Last edited by Endus; 2019-11-03 at 04:07 AM.

The leaping to conclusions is strong with your recent posts. And where the hell did I whinge about Anthem, or any other generic console MMO-lite? And to the contrary I've been anything but miserable with what I've been playing recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You folks realize you can just . . . not play games that do things you don't like, right?

Don't like microtransactions, just don't play games that have 'em. Simple
    In today's issue of "No shit Sherlock what do you think I've been doing"

Quote Originally Posted by Chinese Bootlickers View Post
    And to the contrary I've been anything but miserable with what I've been playing recently.
    Then discuss what you like instead of a "woe is me the industry is shit" hot takes? Because there is plenty to like and enjoy in the game industry right now, there is no need to shit up this thread talking about MTX or your other outrage bullshit. Most games with MTX are garbage and I don't play garbage games so I don't care, don't reply to me with that weak take.

Then discuss what you like instead of a "woe is me the industry is shit" hot takes? Because there is plenty to like and enjoy in the game industry right now, there is no need to shit up this thread talking about MTX or your other outrage bullshit. Most games with MTX are garbage and I don't play garbage games so I don't care, don't reply to me with that weak take.
    Alright pro gamer, enlighten this peasant about the non garbage games you've been playing.

When I'm talking about the overall state of gaming, you can't hand wave away bad games because good games do still exist and say the industry is in a good state. 10 years ago games that got hyped up tended to be good and playable in the long-run. Even the yearly game series that have come to be expected disappointments like Call of Duty or Assassins Creed. It was notable if a game ended up being bad after hype, something like Spore. But games being mediocre and mass-produced is just the standard now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even upset. Late March through Mid April is nuts with the releases already.

Do it right, do it once.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

15+ Year Old Account
    I expected this after ff7 and avengrers was delayed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Frankly, good.

I'm hugely anticipating this game. I would very much rather CDPR take an extra 6 months to polish everything and stuff it full to the brim with content, than try and push it out the door unpolished to meet a self-set deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I expected this after ff7 and avengrers was delayed
    100% unrelated, you don't make this kind of decision in like 2 days.

Also, given we haven't seen any advertising for Cyberpunk, and it was supposed to be out in a few months, was definitely a tell.

All good - they can delay.
    I'd rather the game is good from the start, bugs fixed, issues found, polished and READY.
    Instead of having a bug ridden, crashing, poor game and have it fall flat among the masses.

This game deserves to be good.
    I wouldn't even mind if it was delayed until early 2021.

Witcher 3 was delayed twice by a total of 6 months and it turned out to be one of the greatest games of all time. I wouldn't be shocked if 2077 was delayed again closer to the holiday season in time for the next gen consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    This game deserves to be good.
    Why? Because Witcher 3 had a good story or something mad like that?
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    100% unrelated, you don't make this kind of decision in like 2 days.

Also, given we haven't seen any advertising for Cyberpunk, and it was supposed to be out in a few months, was definitely a tell.
    I didnt say related, i said expected

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Why? Because Witcher 3 had a good story or something mad like that?
    Because one of the PR devs is a total badass who during one interview basically told the haters to get in line and he's making the game the way he envisions it.
    As any dev should