Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Really don't see a point in banking them honestly. if they didn't bank them they would still hit 15 like week 10

you're not "wasting" them by using them as long as you can hit the quest goal
    Let's be clear here, when people are talking about "banking" it means you're saving the Vessels that you earned that week that weren't required to finish the quest (which is also very evident in the list I posted). I don't think *anyone* is talking about literally not using them at all until you're capped; that simply doesn't make sense.

The quests at the higher ranks require increasingly-higher numbers of items (thus multiple clears), so if you happened to enter week 10 with 0 Vessels on-hand, you can't complete the cloak that week without some insane no-life grinding.

The math really isn't up for debate. It seems reasonable some people may actually have fun and just choose to do all they get each and every week; nothing wrong with that. Also nothing wrong with planning out to ensure you cap as soon as physically possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Way better than fire and frost for me... way way way better than fire.
    All you have to do for frost is fo, blizzard and ice lance
    Last edited by Video Games; 2020-01-17 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Let's be clear here, when people are talking about "banking" it means you're saving the Vessels that you earned that week that weren't required to finish the quest (which is also very evident in the list I posted). I don't think *anyone* is talking about literally not using them at all until you're capped; that simply doesn't make sense.

The quests at the higher ranks require increasingly-higher numbers of items (thus multiple clears), so if you happened to enter week 10 with 0 Vessels on-hand, you can't complete the cloak that week without some insane no-life grinding.

The math really isn't up for debate. It seems reasonable some people may actually have fun and just choose to do all they get each and every week; nothing wrong with that. Also nothing wrong with planning out to ensure you cap as soon as physically possible.
    But what I'm saying is, unless you cap yourself out there's zero reason to bank. So there may be some times in the next week or two that you'll bank because you can only hit 7, but eventually you'll be able to burn them all regardless and still hit 15 the "right" week.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    But what I'm saying is, unless you cap yourself out there's zero reason to bank. So there may be some times in the next week or two that you'll bank because you can only hit 7, but eventually you'll be able to burn them all regardless and still hit 15 the "right" week.
    Agreed, no reason to bank if you have levels available and ready to earn.

Wowhead's guide on the cloak has some helpful numbers for understanding number of runs needed. https://www.wowhead.com/guides/obtai...ng-stats-procs

I'm sure there's some complex combination of holding Visions and holding Vessels that means people should really be banking during week 2 but meh. There doesn't seem to be confirmation on what the # is that the rank 15 quest requires.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    All you have to do for frost is fo, blizzard and ice lance
    Can't use Blizzard (or any reticule based spell) due to disability ... arcane is my best option.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Someone found this and posted it in our Discord, unsure of source:

However, this info appears to be under the assumption that the Vessels did not have the Unique(5) cap we are now aware of since that cap was not present for most of the PTR. Essentially you don't need to start "banking" Vessels until week 4 and you can still be on pace to hit rank 15 during week 10.
    Only really an issue in weeks 7 and 8, though. Between visions and vessels you can bank a maximum of 7.5, so you'll have to use 2 in Week 7 to not overcap

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    It isn't DPS ... it is health. Now I have way more sanity protection - I will have time to sit and eat a few times which will help.
    Sure, but as fire I literally never need to stop and eat, that's my confusion. I barely drop below 80% health.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    I barely drop below 80% health.
    The things - they hit me.

If I take it slowly, and single target etc - then I'm fine, but that doesn't get much done either.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I can't seem to get passed rank 5 cap atm. What you doing for 6?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Don't you just need to kill Thrall/Alleria each time to get to level 6? How can you possibly fail that? I guess some people are trying to push into harder zones early, but that's really kinda pointless.
    I had one I failed mostly because I got stuck in combat with something in the mid areas so I couldn't use my orb...

Someone found this and posted it in our Discord, unsure of source:

However, this info appears to be under the assumption that the Vessels did not have the Unique(5) cap we are now aware of since that cap was not present for most of the PTR. Essentially you don't need to start "banking" Vessels until week 4 and you can still be on pace to hit rank 15 during week 10.
    The ranks are true as Blizzard made a post earlier this week saying that first week was capped at 6 and then each week after adds 1. With catchup mechanics. So looks like the chart you use is so you have max keys at all times.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    For 6+ you have to get items from the middle tier (or highest tier) corrupted areas. So basically go to one of the next zones near the beginning in horrific visions and complete its bonus objective -> this gives you a corrupted chest at the end of the horrific visions (don't even have to kill Thrall/Alleria) and you'll get rank 6 from that.

Then after rank 6, you'll have to collect pages again (like ranks 2-5) but this time it'll start with 1 page I think and eventually reach 2 then 4 so best bet is after rank 6 cloak if one can manage it try to finish both medium tier bonus objectives (again, killing final boss does not matter) to get more pages per vision run.

Tfw failed two Visions because I thought I could push it as a healer.

Which is why MT was better, it was designed to be solo handled by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Tfw failed two Visions because I thought I could push it as a healer.

Which is why MT was better, it was designed to be solo handled by me.
    The only possible way to fail as a healer is to run out of sanity, and if you aren't paying attention to your sanity it's not the game's fault you tried to push something that clearly wasn't possible.

Also mage tower balance was garbage, anyone claiming otherwise did it after having tomb or even argus gear. When it initially released with just nighthold gear the balance was complete trash with some classes having a cake walk and others needing to play perfectly for the tuning so save me about how well it was designed rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Also mage tower balance was garbage, anyone claiming otherwise did it after having tomb or even argus gear. When it initially released with just nighthold gear the balance was complete trash with some classes having a cake walk and others needing to play perfectly for the tuning so save me about how well it was designed rofl.
    So damn true. I managed to get 33/36 appearances, and I can say there was a staggering difference between specs and challenges.
    I like horrific visions so far, because I haven't looked at any guide (except the requirements to get cloak ranks) and it's nice to discover things by yourself.

Queue flashbacks to the healer challenge where some were super easy and some where leagues above just because of an interrupt or damage (mostly damage) pally had it freaking easy on that one.....

Or the tank one that really wasn't about tanking... that druids either had the hardest time or easiest time depending on what legendaries they had access to.

The only possible way to fail as a healer is to run out of sanity, and if you aren't paying attention to your sanity it's not the game's fault you tried to push something that clearly wasn't possible.

We will run out of sanity much more quickly than a DH, for example.

MT balance was fine overall. Sure Fire Mages had it easier than Outlaw Rogues but it wasn't scaling the Everest kind of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Don't you need to do side areas(and only those, items drop from their chests) for 6? Or are you not getting the quest from Wrathion?

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    "Medium" zones have miniboss guarding the entrance, one more at the end *and* they buff the final boss' hp and give them additional ability. Also, elite mobs - they aren't all that tough, but they do take longer to kill. If you weren't breezing through normal enemies, these can slow you down too much.

No need to rush it if your character wasn't already mythic geared. Level 5 cloak is 40% reduction, a pretty massive jump - might as well wait until that one. If you weren't already doing extra zones, you're also behind on research, which includes one "cheat death" for solo character. No point risking it before those extra 15%, it makes a lot of difference.
    Looks like the medium areas aren't too bad. I took my 420 geared ret paladin into one at Rank 4 cloak. Cleared the Valley of Spirits one and then Thrall. Got a nice chunk of Corrupted Mementos as you mentioned. Ended up taking all 3 of my orbs as I popped one once I started the medium area (as I did the mailbox outside AH) and had it set so I could get the mini boss down to 75% before it despawned. The second orb was right before the last totem and as I was fighting the boss was getting pretty close. After fighting the boss I was down to about 8% sanity where I dropped another orb and ran for Thrall. This was with -25% drain so now that I got Rank 5 the -40% should be a nice boost in staying up longer without needing to pop orbs as much.

The one thing I didn't know about and found out, was that Thrall gained the ability of the boss from Valley of Spirits.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    The one thing I didn't know about and found out, was that Thrall gained the ability of the boss from Valley of Spirits.
    Seems to be the common theme. Every extra area gives Thrall/Alleria one ability from the area's boss and 10% more health.