Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    It was never a thing in the first place. Shipping is not canon. We already know that Anduin's not interested in Wrathion, because he's got his eyes on female draenei and dwarves.

Which is weird, because female dwarves are fucking ugly, but to each their own.
    To be fair, that does not prove anything, i mean... he can like all of those, regardless i do agree that Wrathion and Anduin stuff was mostly a fan thing that would have never happened, but that's how most ships go

Looking at you Jaina x Thrall (though that one had a bigger chance of sailing)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Personally speaking, I would be fine if Wrathion and Anduin were positioned to be come a romantic couple - given their shared histories and personalities it would make sense. That being said, I don't think it was ever really painted that way, and doing so requires making a few too many inferences and stretches of credulity in my estimation. Most of their interaction in MoP and "War Crimes" is really them to getting to know one another as people. They didn't really know one another long enough or well enough to form a strong platonic friendship, much less a romantic one.
    Lets be fair, none of the relationships in WoW get enough time to actually become more than a platonic relationship, but that didn't stop them, though most of those details are worked out out of camera

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Lets be fair, none of the relationships in WoW get enough time to actually become more than a platonic relationship, but that didn't stop them, though most of those details are worked out out of camera
    True, although as you said, a lot of them get either backstory or off-camera development to justify them.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndion View Post
    I agree with your sentiment. Just saying it really rides the line of queerbaiting. Aladdin did the same thing with Jasmine with regard of freeing the overly guarded princess to see a whole new world.

I was asked to provide an example, so I did.
    "Queerbaiting" is one of the most overused words nowadays. Literally every friendship between two characters of the same sex is interpreted as "queerbaiting" by the rainbow mafia. Your example from War Crimes is perfect proof of that.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

5+ Year Old Account
    I mean, Jaina getting !@#$ed by a dragon is completely ok, but Anduin (hypothetically) doing the same with Wrathion would be weird and unnerving? Some people, geez...

But the best thing about Wrathduin is how it triggers those big MMOC machos anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

To be fair, that does not prove anything, i mean... he can like all of those, regardless i do agree that Wrathion and Anduin stuff was mostly a fan thing that would have never happened, but that's how most ships go

Looking at you Jaina x Thrall (though that one had a bigger chance of sailing)

- - - Updated - - -

If he has a thing for female goats and female dwarves, that probably means he doesn't have a thing for male baby dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I mean, Jaina getting !@#$ed by a dragon is completely ok
    No? Which is why it is one of the most criticized ships in the franchise?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

3+ Year Old Account
    “When I am a little older,” Wrathion announced, “I shall, if asked politely, take you on my back and ferry you to fascinating places, where we will have adventures that will age your father ten years in one night.”
    “You have no idea how wonderful that sounds,” Anduin said morosely.

-war crimes
    I bet Daenaerys and Drogon get you going. Or is it only gay human x dragon?

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I mean, Jaina getting !@#$ed by a dragon is completely ok, but Anduin (hypothetically) doing the same with Wrathion would be weird and unnerving? Some people, geez...

But the best thing about Wrathduin is how it triggers those big MMOC machos anyway
    One was established as a fact, the other is fanfic. Know the difference. And no it wouldn't be unnerving, it's just a fantasy story. Normal "laws" like ours don't work there. It's not like Jaina and Kalecgos were doing it while he was in Dragon form. In Anduin x Wrathion case, it was never hinted or established whatsoever that at least one of them had any feelings for the other, so it's just people making their headcanons. It's fine to ship characters but when people act like they are a confirmed couple it's cringefest material.

10+ Year Old Account
    If he has a thing for female goats and female dwarves, that probably means he doesn't have a thing for male baby dragons.
    Bisexuality is a thing, also for some reason all dragon x mortal relationships are weird, though in the end, i do agree that the Anduin x Wrathion thing was nothing more than a ship created by fans (is like the Anduin x Baine ship that came to be just because a damn mace, or the Anduin x Jaina thing that was a thing even when he called her Aunt, but still people like ships)

Bisexuality is a thing, also for some reason all dragon x mortal relationships are weird, though in the end, i do agree that the Anduin x Wrathion thing was nothing more than a ship created by fans
    Point me in the actual story where there is any indication of Anduin being bisexual.

I'm not against Wranduin, I'm against baseless speculation, also known as headcanon.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    “When I am a little older,” Wrathion announced, “I shall, if asked politely, take you on my back and ferry you to fascinating places, where we will have adventures that will age your father ten years in one night.”
    “You have no idea how wonderful that sounds,” Anduin said morosely.

-war crimes
    Considering Golden is actually in the writing room for the game now I'm sure we are going to see more insinuations of Anduin, Dragon Rider in the future.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Bisexual people do exist but I agree, their relatioship always seemed like a platonic friendship to me.
    Not really bisexual, more like.... uhm, multi-racial, I guess? What's term for people who find goats, midgets, AND dragons attractive?

10+ Year Old Account
    Point me in the actual story where there is any indication of Anduin being bisexual.

I'm not against Wranduin, I'm against baseless speculation, also known as headcanon.
    I really don't know how to answer this to you, it feels like you just wanted to respond to my comment, regardless i agree with you that there's no actual specification of such things unlike the Dwarf and Draneai stuff and whatever may be there is between lines (that's most likely not even there)

It's never been a thing and never will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really bisexual, more like.... uhm, multi-racial, I guess? What's term for people who find goats, midgets, AND dragons attractive?
    That's not how it works, it would still be Bisexual, even though it also inter-racial

Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anduin/Wrathion was never a thing, just as much as Flynn/Shaw (who've only had one interaction), Jaina/Sylvanas (who have probably, again, only interacted during the assault on the Frozen Halls in Icecrown), and Illidan/Maiev (who can't stand each other) were never a thing. At best they're just paired together because they're two men who are young and attractive, so par for the course there are going to be people that are going to see them in a romantic, sexual light regardless of canon context; the same can be said if you reverse the genders. Also because, as someone that lurks in fandoms and rarely ships, male pairings are just more popular than female pairings.

I never really clicked with any of the ships in WoW. If I'm not feeling the connection, then I don't do it. Besides, there's more to writing fanfiction than sex and romance. I prefer doing character introspective pieces, AUs, what-ifs, and overall general angst over that, which I consider to be a cheap and easy way to procure clout in the fandom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Considering Golden is actually in the writing room for the game now I'm sure we are going to see more insinuations of Anduin, Dragon Rider in the future.
    Yeah, but i'm pretty sure they are going to be just like the Jaina X Thrall insinuations, just... mere insinuations

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post

Don't think drogon was self aware.

Neither that nor wranduin gets me going, I was trying to find out if the ship is dead now that the tensions are obvious in 8.3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post

Ship whoever you want, that's fine, but just...don't sperg out over it on the internet like it should be a thing, or worse, actually is a thing...when it isn't.
    Are you reading my mind? Not to tangent, but I wish that same mentality existed in politics as well
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

15+ Year Old Account
    W can agree to disagree, there was quite a bit of queerbaiting in those MoP scenes.
    My guess is you aren't gay, so I am not sure why you feel it is appropriate to deem what is or is not "queerbaiting."

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Technically it's incest too. I mean, she isn't really his biological mother, but still. Incest.