Poll: Your desired Faction of assignment of Mogu/Lightforged Forsaken and Saberon?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I hope they give up on allied race bullshit and focus on making high quality regular races or adding more customization options to existing races that aren't clear money grabs for race transfers and extending play time with grinds. I hope they also focus on introducing races that make more sense in the story. Looking at you void elves. Also, the races need to have a GOOD reason for joining a faction instead of just "well we had to choose one.. and Red/blue X leader was kinda nice to me but the other didn't suck my dick". If they don't have a dire need to pledge to a faction then keep them neutral.

It also makes me laugh how Alliance think Sethrak would join the Alliance.. Why would they? They would be directly antagonizing the Zandalari empire (and Vulpera) who are sitting literally right next to them when they can currently live out their days as neutral. Joining the alliance would be the dumbest decision they could make.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-01-18 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    If you mean 'final' for BFA, the confirmation of there being no 8.3.5 effectively forecloses the possibility. The final pair of Allied races were Vulpera and Mechagnomes.
    Ion did not say there is no 8.3.5. What Ion said was "we currently don't have any 8.3.5. plan". This leaves it completely open to a 8.3.5 possibility, but at the same time making no guarantee that way they aren't committed to it. He also said there may be small tweaks and here there which usually come in the form of a patch. There's also the pre-expansion patch that always happens that has a possibility of adding.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Ion did not say there is no 8.3.5. What Ion said was "we currently don't have any 8.3.5. plan". This leaves it completely open to a 8.3.5 possibility, but at the same time making no guarantee that way they aren't committed to it. He also said there may be small tweaks and here there which usually come in the form of a patch. There's also the pre-expansion patch that always happens that has a possibility of adding.
    lol... if shadowlands is coming out this year and 8.3.5 isn't planned yet then when are they going to start working on it? If they said "we don't current'y have 8.3.5 planned" back at the start of 8.2 then maybe it would be possible. If it isn't planned at this point then it won't happen. Pre-expansion patch would be 9.0 and would be 1 or 1.5 month before expansion launch.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-01-18 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    lol... if shadowlands is coming out this year and 8.3.5 isn't planned yet then when are they going to start working on it? If it isn't planned at this point then it won't happen. Pre-expansion patch would be 9.0 and would be 1 or 1.5 month before expansion launch.
    You do realize they have things always in the work that they could put into a patch. They could easily transplant stuff from Shadowlands to a 8.3.5 patch. Also, the biggest thing is they can always be working on patch content and never mention it to the public until it needs to be.

You do realize they have things always in the work that they could put into a patch. They could easily transplant stuff from Shadowlands to a 8.3.5 patch. Also, the biggest thing is they can always be working on patch content and never mention it to the public until it needs to be.
    Man... I feel so sorry for you that you still believe in Blizzard this much. They just confirmed in an interview that they don't have plans for 8.3.5... You are basically the guy that still believes the "we can still be friends" and "its me not you" line. "Don't currently have plans" is just a softer way of saying "no".
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-01-18 at 12:43 AM.

Man... I feel so sorry for you that you still believe in Blizzard this much. They just confirmed in an interview that they don't have plans in 8.3.5... You are basically the guy that still believes the "we can still be friends" line.
    No, I'm the person who has common sense and can read what is said. Ion just says "currently no plans" which could mean a multitude of things like "no patch", "nothing we want to reveal", etc. It's not about believing in someone / something. It's about being able to read and comprehend what is said and leaving it at that. There's no blind hope that there will be one or anything. Trying to negatively bash something, as you have done, doesn't do anything anything at all. I mean unless you get happiness from just bashing on everything you possibly can. Then go you?

No, I'm the person who has common sense and can read what is said. Ion just says "currently no plans" which could mean a multitude of things like "no patch", "nothing we want to reveal", etc. It's not about believing in someone / something. It's about being able to read and comprehend what is said and leaving it at that. There's no blind hope that there will be one or anything. Trying to negatively bash something, as you have done, doesn't do anything anything at all. I mean unless you get happiness from just bashing on everything you possibly can. Then go you?
    I mean.. bashing Blizzard is a lot more fun than BFA is.

I mean.. bashing Blizzard is a lot more fun than BFA is.
    Then maybe it's time to move on to a different game / hobby? There are plenty of things that are enjoyable with BFA and if you aren't finding any then you might want to find other activities. Bashing does absolutely nothing and just makes you look terrible in the process. If you feel it is bad then provide actual meaningful feedback rather than feedback enlaced with bashing that no one wants to read in the first place and would ignore it.

Then maybe it's time to move on to a different game / hobby? There are plenty of things that are enjoyable with BFA and if you aren't finding any then you might want to find other activities. Bashing does absolutely nothing and just makes you look terrible in the process. If you feel it is bad then provide actual meaningful feedback rather than feedback enlaced with bashing that no one wants to read in the first place and would ignore it.
    I have. I have been playing PoE and Destiny 2. I quit back during BoD. I came back for an hour when 8.2 launched and it was the same shit so I didn't log in again.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. I think i see it as:

Mogu - both

Saberon - horde

Lightbound Undead - alliance

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Assets not been there is not proof they will never be. At best it's indication that it isn't for 8.3, who's to say for 9.0 and beyond? Also, they could have learnt from their mistakes in the past more succesful at hiding future things. Mogu now have a female model, that's a huge indication, though still not proof.
    I mean that's what I said. The lack of any hints makes makes the possibility of new allied races added in BFA's patch cycle almost null. Sure I hope there will me more later, I'm just saying we won't have more for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Saberon lack of set-up can be fixed like the Worgen's was, we know that proper set up is entirely optional with blizzard after the LF draenei and Void elves.
    True, but the lack of any set up makes the speculation about them entirely... well, speculative. We could interchange Saberon for pretty much any other race that doesn't have any set up, doesn't make them more likely. In short, of all the options they are the ones with less basis for speculation. For all that's worth it is a crapshoot, I just think it's more focused to speculate on races that do seem to have a set up, yanno?

10+ Year Old Account
    From recent information and the existence of datamined files that showed 8.3.5 was initially planned, it is clear that the patch was cancelled and that it likely wasn't the decision of the development team to cancel that patch (and if it was their decision, there was probably significant behind the scenes pressure to help them arrive at that point).

If there were plans for an 8.3.5 it would be in development right now, right this moment as there simply isn't the time to make that decision and then implement production, not with Shadowlands alpha bearing down on us. Were there to be an 8.3.5 it would have to be because of exceptional, completely unforseen events that necessitated the deployment of substantial extra content at the cost of pushing Shadowlands even further into the future. The mere hypothetical possibility that that could happen does exist, but is so remote that in practice Ion's comments should be taken as confirmation that there is going to be no 8.3.5.

Even in the extremely slim possibility that an 8.3.5 were to be developed, the chances it would include two new allied races have to be zero. However, if potential 8.3.5 content has now been pushed to 9.0, the chance exists that the hypothetical final pair for BFA could now be a part of 9.0 content. I don't believe that will be the case, but the slim possibility exists.

what is the fucking reasoning behind mogu as an allied race? We have been killing them for 3 expansions now and with these invasions again and suddenly they want to join us? HOW DOES THAT COMPUTE?

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Saberon..SABERON...Whay saberon
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

Shouldn't be Lightforged Undead or Saberon, but Ankoan.

Alliance Sethrak or i don't care.

I guess i could be ok with Alliance Saberon, but it's not as interesting.

Basically, i'm tired of formulaic races. They are all the same. It's time to change things up and add variety.

I think forsaken night elves are a much more likely “thing” than lightforged undead. We can call them “ash elves” for extra edge score!

Mogu were something I considered awhile back just because they would be “easy” due to their draenei-model origins. Then 8.3 and I felt more confident it was plausible.

Saberon barely even had any story in WoD. They were just “fill the bar” fodder.
    They seem a super “out of left field“ option for inclusion to me.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2020-01-19 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I think forsaken night elves are a much more likely “thing” than lightforged undead. We can call them “ash elves” for extra edge score!

Mogu were something I considered awhile back just because they would be “easy” due to their draenei-model origins. Then 8.3 and I felt more confident it was plausible.

Saberon barely even had any story in WoD. They were just “fill the bar” fodder.
    They seem a super “out of left field“ option for inclusion to me.
    Saberon do flee to Azeroth in the end of the Mag'har recruitment scenario. And its not like void elves were pulled out of no where.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Saberon do flee to Azeroth in the end of the Mag'har recruitment scenario. And its not like void elves were pulled out of no where.
    I know they did the fleeing into the wild thing, but as far as characters, culture, or positive interactions : we've had none excluding like one follower from the Garrison.
    And while I think void elves are a lore-travesty, they're at least a race we had interacted with extensively prior to beginning their blue period.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2020-01-19 at 04:25 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is no option for none and that's a pretty big oversight here. With no 8.3.5 that means Allied Races are done unless Blizz decides to add some for Shadowlands in which case it'll be none of these options anyway.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)