Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    So that's the new tactic to keep subs up, Offer rewards for long time subs. Sneaky.
    They have done this since mop.
    But a year sub, get free diblo 3 and mount.
    Hell they had pre-purchase mop, get beta before that.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enty View Post
    How is it free? How is it a gift? It is "free" for ones that already have 6m subs. The rest has to buy it, so nothing is free here.

If Blizzard was so generous, why didn't it give out mount to all subs, regardless the duration? Have existing sub - here's your rat? Have token time running - here's yours. Why only specifically 6m subs, and only purchased via credit card?

And calling people haters when blindly defending an obvious cash grab does not make you any more righteous.
    You will be paying month by month more than if you get 6 months straight, so in fact, you pay less and then you also get the mount. Yup, free if you take advantage of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deplorable View Post
    guess the deathknights weren't enough to keep people subscribed until the next expansion, like the patch this reeks of desperation
    Dude this was not something thrown out in 2 days Cuse "oh god no one is returning for 8.3 quick release a mount!" No they have done this specifically for 4 years now, so this is just that same thing happening again. Cause again it's based on a holiday happening soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    a rat. blizz, come on.
    Yeah... It's the year of the rat... Do you not know the Chinese animal calender? It's pretty popular even all around the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Wow good job wasting your time there. The mount looks much more like a mouse then a rat. It's head does anyways.
    I literally just showed you how it's entirely a rat, and not a mouse but your response is. "It looks like a mouse! The head atleast." Yeah cause a basic mouse and basic rat head look almost exactly the same. Welcome to fucking animals. It's the rest of the body that gives it away. And they sir is a rat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    I think it's rather simple...Ratstallion was a mount representing the shady underbelly of Dalaran. So it looks shady, very rat-like, kinda creepy.

But a mount representing a Chinese Zodiac? Well, that thing better be the cutest or most majestic thing there is! Wouldn't want to anger the Chinese overlords.
    Dude, like normal everyday clean pet rats are pretty fucking cute. And they do come in white. It's not just a "Chinese overlord" thing. Rats are legit pets, just like ferrets and hamsters and guinie pigs.

Look at them! <3

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    They have done this since mop. But a year sub, get free diblo 3 and mount. Hell they had pre-purchase mop, get beta before that.
    They haven't been doing it since MoP. The annual pass is similar but different. The 6 month sub reward started with BfA. They have used other incentives in the past to get people to buy things though but that is hardly the same as "doing a 6 month sub reward" since MoP.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    I literally just showed you how it's entirely a rat, and not a mouse but your response is. "It looks like a mouse! The head atleast." Yeah cause a basic mouse and basic rat head look almost exactly the same. Welcome to fucking animals. It's the rest of the body that gives it away. And they sir is a rat.
    Wow... and yet it still looks like a mouse.

Damn, my six month sub from the last mount package they offered just auto-renewed about a week before this was announced. I don't get the mouse. :/

15+ Year Old Account
    The ears make it look a little like a mouse. That sort of throws the whole thing off. They may be the "right size" for the proportions of a rat but they could have been a little smaller or something.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    It's the Year of the Rat in the Chinese zodiac... that's why.
    ah, ok well at least there is a reason i suppose...

lap dogging for China

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah... It's the year of the rat... Do you not know the Chinese animal calender? It's pretty popular even all around the world.
    *ehem* Fuck no I don't.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    So that's the new tactic to keep subs up, Offer rewards for long time subs. Sneaky.
    It's not sneaky when you think about the fact the People getting the reward would be subbed anyway. Since why would someone buy a Mount for a game they weren't playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Blizzard: "We do not let China influence our decisions."

Also Blizzard: "2020 is the Year of the Rat in China, so lets make a distinctively Chinese-Culture oriented mount to use as subscription bait for every culture in the world!"
    Plenty of Games include holidays/Cultural stuff from around the World. It's pretty racist of you to be against one just because it is asian. Do you complain about the Halloween or Christmas things in game?

I just randomly got this for being a "loyal player". Thanks I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It is not a unique asset. It is a reskin.
    Can you point me towards this flying rat mount that's already there?

Rewarding a token for every continuous 6 month period has the same effect as what they did
    I wasn't as clear as I could have been, but in my version it's not 6 months straight, it's just six months period. If you sub 2 months here, unsub for 5, then sub for 1 more, unsub for a year, then sub the 3 more months, that's 6 months total and you'd get the token and access to any of the mounts on the vendor. Any mount on said vendor would also not be removed like the store mounts to create artificial scarcity and FOMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Raizstorm View Post
    I used a game card yesterday, any chance that support could do something ?
    Yes they can or at least they did for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    This is the black plague or Bubonic plague

isn't it cute? it killed over 25 million people and was spread by rats that carried the fleas carrying the plague.
    You know any animal could have carried the bubonic plague right..? This is not the days of the bubonic plague. This is the 2000s.

Oh also it was found humans spread the black plague not rats. So there is that.

Also idk why a desire "spread by rats" 700 years ago somehow counters my point that domesticated rats are pretty cute?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-01-18 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    I've always loved rats and mice but I won't be buying this hahaha
    Good thing you can't buy it then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    wth is wrong with people?
    Nothing. People are allowed to like BFA. I would ou should be asking yourself that question since you are being so judgemental.

Glad they give the mounts to people already subbed the 6 months. My renewal date is in like Feb so I get it completely free. Doubt I'll really ever use it tho.

They know the end-of-expansion blues are coming.

They're getting desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    They know the end-of-expansion blues are coming.

They're getting desperate.
    Do you actually believe this is the reason for the mount? No chance they make a RAT mount at the beginning of the chinese new year which is the year of the RAT?

Quote Originally Posted by Tautau View Post
    Damn, my six month sub from the last mount package they offered just auto-renewed about a week before this was announced. I don't get the mouse. :/
    Everyone on an active 6-month subscription should get the mount automatically, no matter when it was renewed. Check your gifts in the launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Then why talk about what is dead?
    Cause every voice matters. hint hint wording outside of Blizzard HQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Do you actually believe this is the reason for the mount? No chance they make a RAT mount at the beginning of the chinese new year which is the year of the RAT?
    Why is the flavor of the mount relevant? The point is that they know that there won't be much content to be had for the next 6 months to come, and, in the interest of keeping people subbed, are releasing bait while fully expecting people to get bored and not play for the latter portion of that 6 month period. That is the actual reason for the timing. If they hadn't had a convenient cultural tie-in, you can rest assured that they'd have thrown in some other flavor of mount instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Cause every voice matters. hint hint wording outside of Blizzard HQ.
    The game is dead is not a voice. It is a mosquito and should be exterminated with a vengeance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    Why is the flavor of the mount relevant? The point is that they know that there won't be much content to be had for the next 6 months to come, and, in the interest of keeping people subbed, are releasing bait while fully expecting people to get bored and not play for the latter portion of that 6 month period. That is the actual reason for the timing. If they hadn't had a convenient cultural tie-in, you can rest assured that they'd have thrown in some other flavor of mount instead.
    Or they are continuing the reward for 6 months and it is just about 6 months since the end period of the last reward. There is nothing to indicate it has to do with keeping people subscribed when there is no content coming. It isn't a bait because you can stay unsubscribed and just pay $25 for it. It is simply a continuation of the reward for subbing.

The actual reason for timing is the Dreamer bundle ended on July 29th. Six months ago was just before it ended. So most of those people would be renewing around this period. If they were on the fence this might convince them. It might not. But you can believe whatever conspiracy theory you want.