Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Care to post those interviews? Otherwise this all can be dismissed without proof.

We didn't lose shit. You didn't paid for any 8.3.5, and they can't cancel what they haven't announced. We have a million reasons to dislike BfA and 8.3, you don't need to fabricate more.
    Wtf are you even talking about. Yes, we paid for a complete story/game when we bought BFA, that included what would have been in 8.3.5 before Activation canceled it. And we know there was in fact an 8.3.5 in the works, because there was literally 8.3.5 patch files (including items and voiceover text) datamined since when 8.3 first hit PTR. This is WoD all over again, where Activision scraps content we already paid for, just so they can push through another xpac they'll charge us full retail price for... No one is fabricating anything, you're just being willfully ignorant to Activison's shitty business practices.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    on blizzcon Ion said BfA is far from complete there is still something to tell. But now 8.3.5 is canceled, and his story is gone too.What do we lose from old interviews
    1. the alliance will have a choice like the horde

2. Alliance finds out who freed Saurfang from Horde player

3. Anduin asked for advice from Turalyon

4. Conversation of Anduin and Taelia

5. Noble of house dissatisfied with anduin

6. Scarlet Crusade in Stormwind( revolution? )
    Is this from your personal wishlist OP?

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    It doesn't need to be literally stated.

Considering we've gotten .5 patches ever since WoD, it's very fair to wonder why there suddenly isn't a 8.3.5.
    We had a x.3.5 in Legion and somehow you bongos now think it's a staple in the franchise that there IS one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    It doesn't need to be literally stated.

Considering we've gotten .5 patches ever since WoD, it's very fair to wonder why there suddenly isn't a 8.3.5.
    That's not really what I am saying though. A lot people automatically assumed there would a new class in Shadowlands but lo and behold there is none. It fine assume there was going to be an 8.3.5 but at the same time I wouldn't consider as "cut content" like the OP is doing since it was never announced.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synros View Post
    there was literally 8.3.5 patch files (including items and voiceover text) datamined since when 8.3 first hit PTR.
    There's no such datamining, but be free to correct me. Not you, nor OP aren't providing any proofs, and the burden of that is on you. Shit hasn't even been announced, unlike WoD.

Trying to shift the blame of WoW's current quality to "Activation" instead of blaming Blizzard is really pitiful too.

The circlejerking game of this thread isn't strong enough.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    This site must be where you get all your good ideas from that have made BFA a smash success.
    Yeah why not, in for a penny in for a pound right?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Ion it's you? everyone who is interested lore know that interview
    I don't know that interview. Can you link it so that I can read it? I'm very interested in lore and would love to see what kinds of ideas they had discussed previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    I don't know that interview. Can you link it so that I can read it? I'm very interested in lore and would love to see what kinds of ideas they had discussed previously.
    I'll try to find N3
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pol...hrall-wrathion

on blizzcon Ion said BfA is far from complete there is still something to tell. But now 8.3.5 is canceled, and his story is gone too.What do we lose from old interviews

Would seem little of value was lost. Anything that hastens the end of BFA is a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    While it wouldn't fit in an 8.3.5, there were a number of datamined, but cut, content - Warfront: Barrens being the main thing I can think of off the top of my head (The datamining is there for it), but also likely some other things.

Honestly though, I feel that Warfronts were a complete flop. Arathi was cool the first few times, but just being a mind-numbing grind after that. Darkshore was terrible, as you could even skip going catapults since there were alternative ways to down the boat glaives. Speaking from a horde PoV really.

Heroic Arathi was quite a bit better, but became signficantly easier (ofc) as people got geared and became aware of the strats (Get mines/lumber, D, and then attack while 1 person gets all the lumber and another gets all the metal needed for upgrades. Then go back and get wolves/buffs before final push)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

N5
    https://www.polygon.com/2019/1/15/18...eance#comments
    Last edited by Cherry123; 2020-01-19 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Error

Nowhere does it say that those plot points were planned for 8.3.5 or BfA at all.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

N2
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...tent=post_body

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    There's no such datamining, but be free to correct me. Not you, nor OP aren't providing any proofs, and the burden of that is on you. Shit hasn't even been announced, unlike WoD.

Trying to shift the blame of WoW's current quality to "Activation" instead of blaming Blizzard is really pitiful too.

The circlejerking game of this thread isn't strong enough.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...Patch-8-3-5-VO
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Thats pretty much how Wows written for a long time. Do plot A and be left hanging because of plot B only to left hanging them again and plot c never happens and the other 2 plots never get resolved because were in a new expansion. An if your lucky you will get about 3 seconds of mumbled mess to try and explain away everything thats happened for the past 2 yrs..

Or as the fanbois like to put it "go read the book." lol

Probably we'll get all of this in a new book...Probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Yeah it's me, Ion Hazzikotas. You got me. In my spare time I log my trusty ol' MMO-C account and pick arguments with random winos. It's a guilty pleasure of mine really.
    To be fair, if a dev were to, it'd be him or Alex.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    As has been discussed in every other thread about 8.3.5's cancellation, it's likely the story elements from what would have been 8.3.5 will be shifted into the 9.0 prepatch. I would've preferred a fully fledged patch myself but if we're sacrificing 8.3.5 to get a more polished 9.0, I'm okay with that.
    Even though we have fundamental disagreements on most things, I actually agree with thjs sentiment.

BfA has been a dumpster fire across the board the entire time, from story to gameplay. The sooner we're done with it and move to Shadowlands the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurell View Post
    Probably we'll get all of this in a new book...Probably.
    No book to late. about writing a book is known a year before the expansion

10+ Year Old Account

You mean, a list of things you demand closure on? Some of those could easily be put into books or just not weigh enough to have much of a story. Scarlets have become a split faction. Some saught home in Stormwind once more, others left with the cleanout of Scarlet Monastery. As well, many are dissatisfied with Anduin currently, could easily be built up later.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..