Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Only thing that stands out to me about 8.3 is I almost fell asleep twice, two different days, completing the cloak quest line.

Imagine doing it on 4+ alts lmao. Imagine even having that many alts. Wow.
    1. maybe you need to go to your doctor if you arefalling asleep at your PC so often.
    2. it took you 2 days to do the cloak questline?
    3. it takes like 20 minutes to do it on your alts, there is SO MUCH that is right out skippable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    the whole currency rate is trash i failed my rank 6 vision so now im behind fuck this
    no you are not behind.
    you can get 2-3 visions per week.
    but only 1 upgrade max per week.
    so next week you can do 2 more and right away be caught up with everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    There are two sources of beams at the far right platform. Interacting with a pillar causes the beam there to rotate to connect to another pillar. You rotate the beams at the pillars so one goes across, then down the left side of the room, the other down the right side, then across, the room. Done.

The one that annoyed me was moving the statue. I thought maybe it had to be wedged into the door somehow, so I pushed it up the stairs and through the door. At that point it was lost, so I had to abandon the quest and restart.

I suspect the game is in for a very rough time before 9.0. Remember the big drop six months into 4.3, during Cataclysm? Like that, but a much larger percentage.
    And Blizz knows it. Not a coincidence that a 6-month sub mount came out at the same time as 8.3, they know a lot of people are going to walk and walk soon

Yeah most of this post is whiny bullshit but you're spot on.

8.3 is an underwhelming mess.

Which is hilarious considering this is all you get for 10+ months. I can't imagine why anyone would have bought a 6 month subscription LOL.

It's not a disaster but I'm not a fan of it either. Just not a fan of Old God themed stuff in general, I'm glad we didn't get a whole Old God expansion. Also there's apperantly not going to be a patch 8.3.5. Does that mean that they're working on SL? And that it'll get released earlier than anticipated?

It really is a (gaming) disaster for some of us; there's a bug causing a hard crash in the HoO scenario on OS X. It's impossible to progress through it.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The number of people in this thread who experienced difficulty with this quest chain has me very concerned for the state of our society in 2020. Holy shit. Yeah, the travel was annoying but the OP is literally complaining that the game didn't auto walk him through the scenarios. Like, dude, don't ever play Tomb Raider... you're gonna have a real bad time.
    This is the level of player the game caters for now. Which is why some of us find the content so insanely boring and shit, because it's designed for children.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Must say ... as long as I ignore posts like this, I've been having a blast.
    So all subjective I guess. Cheers
    Both Blizzard and the community are seeking the holy grail of MMO game design: One universally defined idea of fun shared by 100% of all players. Sadly, as long as message boards exist players on either extreme end of the spectrum will complain and purport that their minority opinions are shared by the other 80% of players who either don't care or are having a good time.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    God I hate this argument. Classic proves this wrong. I care more about gearing up in classic than I do in retail 1 week into a brand new patch. That is an issue. It has nothing to do with the game being 15 years old.
    While I have no problem with people disagreeing with my arguments, I am not sure how your reply has anything to do with what I said.

I wasn't talking about whether people care about gearing up, I was talking to the poster above me and his false assertions that:

1) everyone supposedly has equal gear, and
    2) it's important that the elite are acknowledged as special for their gear

Disaster at launch yes, but now that bugs are getting fixed.......it's merely just MEH.

Not good not bad, just incredibly average in every way....which is terrible for a last major patch of an expansion. Just sums up BFA in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by EpicPhoenix View Post
    Is there another portal to Pandaria? Please tell me if there is!
    3 mins walk: As I said when you kill the big guy for the main quest in Eternal Blossoms (in a huge area under the mountain, you walk under the zone from the middle till you're under The Veiled Stair and back).
    So? It's 5 mins total, nothing to cry about.
    And there is a faster way but only if you did the cm's. I have the teleport to msp.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Classic+ represents another fresh attempt at it. Different ideas, themes, directions etc.

Keep it exactly like classic with added raids and content.

That said, who would trust the current WoW dev team to make anything for classic? Bfa is the exact opposite of everything classic represents and the current wow team doesn’t have the intelligence or fortitude to do classic+ properly. They’d need to hire old school mmo players and devs that pre date wow entirely to get it right
    They should add AP grind to it.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    It really is a (gaming) disaster for some of us; there's a bug causing a hard crash in the HoO scenario on OS X. It's impossible to progress through it.
    Gaming and OS X haha

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    what are you 5y old? or you suffer from some learning disorder? those scenarios are not difficult or hard in any meaning of those words...
    Actually just dribbled coffee reading that because I was thinking exactly the same thing. Not hard, just tedious. Click on the quest and they jump you to where you need to go if its that hard, sheesh

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    They should add AP grind to it.
    No one should ever mention AP again. One of the worst ideas in the history of wow

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    While I have no problem with people disagreeing with my arguments, I am not sure how your reply has anything to do with what I said.

I wasn't talking about whether people care about gearing up, I was talking to the poster above me and his false assertions that:

1) everyone supposedly has equal gear, and
    2) it's important that the elite are acknowledged as special for their gear
    I was responding to what I quoted, not your overall post. Using "this is a 15 year old game" in any argument is, in my opinion, bad.

Can't believe anyone is having trouble with the patch.

Got rank 6 cloak on 2 characters.

Did the initial quest chain in about 2 hour, 1 for each character.

All the daily's and activities in each zone are piss easy and take next to no time.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ecospherez View Post
    Can't believe anyone is having trouble with the patch.

Got rank 6 cloak on 2 characters.

Did the initial quest chain in about 2 hour, 1 for each character.

All the daily's and activities in each zone are piss easy and take next to no time.
    It isn't about "having trouble", it's that the content is extremely underwhelming. Even !@£&ing Nazjatar is miles ahead from this - and I thought that Nazjatar was bad enough (although it was an issue with its obnoxious layout, rather than actual content), Mechagon is also quite good...

Not to mention the plethora of bugs that came along. Hell, I used to play on >60 FPS all the time, now there are moments when it goes down to 30 or even less for no apparent reason. I even had to reinstall the game in order to fix an annoying problem with audio stuttering.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Just get both ranks next week

Seriously do people not realize you essentially get 2 free visions a week with minimal effort

- - - Updated - - -

Good content with shit systems
    Yes I am aware that still doesn’t change the fact that last week I farmed 10k currency for 3 days and now its just gone and got nothing to show for it but like 20 shit mementos. Just feels unrewarding currently.
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

9 month of this shitty and boring event it's too much...

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    It isn't about "having trouble", it's that the content is extremely underwhelming. Even !@£&ing Nazjatar is miles ahead from this - and I thought that Nazjatar was bad enough (although it was an issue with its obnoxious layout, rather than actual content), Mechagon is also quite good...

Not to mention the plethora of bugs that came along. Hell, I used to play on >60 FPS all the time, now there are moments when it goes down to 30 or even less for no apparent reason. I even had to reinstall the game in order to fix an annoying problem with audio stuttering.
    OP says otherwise. He had trouble with quests. I was replying to that. I'm not going through 14 pages to read every reply.