Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    No so take off your tin foil hat.

If you dig hard enough, the reason it took so long to update the AH in the first place is because whenever they do anything to the AH, it breaks the entire game. Blizz have said this over the years, they did it, it happened, they are working on fixing it.

If you think the problem is so easy to fix, then get hired at blizz and do it yourself or provide them with the solution to do it themselves. Everyone always says "this should be so easy to fix" but you LITERALLY have ZERO idea. Programing takes time, patience, and has to be tested to make sure it actually works.
    So why release something unfinished? Like 8.3 and the AH. o.o...

Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    Very slow is not "takes a week to arrive". As far as a lot of people are concerned, their gold is gone forever, because Blizzard has not been able to fix the problem. So yes, I have lost my items and gold, up until that moment Blizzard fixes the problem. Which they have not.
    Huh. I would constitute less than a week as "very slow." It's not gone forever, confirmed by Blizzard.

Take off your tinfoil hat.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

Yes, they have acknowledged it, yet they have done absolutely NOTHING about it yet. Isn't anyone else suspicious? This should be a very easy problem to fix, yet Blizzard has no clue what to do apparently, otherwise they would have done it already.

Are you really going to believe them that everyone is getting their gold back? I wouldn't, for sure. It's been almost a week and the problem still persists.
    Suspicious of what? That software sometimes has hard to fix bugs? Or are you doing some inane conspiracy theory thing?

Yes, they have acknowledged it, yet they have done absolutely NOTHING about it yet. Isn't anyone else suspicious?
    "I'm not actually seeing them sitting at their computers, typing furiously and working on solving the issue, therefore they are not working at all!"

This should be a very easy problem to fix,
    Says the armchair developer.

Probably because nothing has been lost and it doesn't really matter.

The mail delivery system broke so the items are in your mail but invisible. That's been causing the server lag and why they keep rebooting servers. Changing a core system from 15 years ago in a point release is very ambitious and challenging, same with the AH in general.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

So, basically, this is a "I know Blizz has addressed this but let me bitch about it anyway" thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    People without much experience in programming and development don't really know how bugs work, or why they occur. The common refrain is usually "was this even tested," and the answer to that is that yes, it was tested exhaustively, but 'testing' isn't equivalent to real-world usage and never can be. Having a team of QA staff fire off auctions at the system can't accurately model what happens when millions of users using an infinite number of transaction contexts rapid-fire auctions at the system all at once. At some point the process a bug was uncovered with the system that mails results, a bug that couldn't be modeled for or tested because it's a result of the system's integration with the preexisting environment.

Same as the bugs in 8.3, really. You can certainly criticize the developers for faulty programming, but faulty programming will *always* be a factor in the systems in use because no one is inerrant when it comes to coding, and sometimes new code can trigger bugs in existing code no one had any clue to even check for in the first place.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    It's called a deadline and you can blame Craptivision for it. o.o
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Yes, they have acknowledged it, yet they have done absolutely NOTHING about it yet. Isn't anyone else suspicious? This should be a very easy problem to fix, yet Blizzard has no clue what to do apparently, otherwise they would have done it already.

Are you really going to believe them that everyone is getting their gold back? I wouldn't, for sure. It's been almost a week and the problem still persists.
    Just to be clear: You have no fucking idea what is easy and what is hard to fix about this game, no one here does.

If it was easy it would've been probably fixed by now though.

But nah let's just make a conspiracy theory thread >.<
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2020-01-21 at 04:33 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    So since last Wednesday more often than not the gold from sold Auctions on the auction house simply disappears, never appearing in the mail box of the character that sold the items.

This is affecting a lot of people on every realm, yet no one is talking about it here or on reddit?

This is a completely game breaking bug that Blizzard was not able to fix yet. Essentially the AH is not usable right now. Does this not bother anyone else?! I find it completely unacceptable by Blizzard and this is absolutely something that should have been discovered / fixed on the PTR. Yet, it has not been.

Just curious why there aren't 100 threads about this. People must not really care about the AH or just simply don't notice hundreds of thousand of gold missing from their auctions..
    You should check the official forums, in particular the blue posts. People, including Blizzard, are talking about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is almost like they already clarified they are working on the issue and nothin is lost.

But yeah reading is harder than making a useless thread i guess.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Blizzard has acknowledged the problem, they say they are working on it. What EXACTLY are dozens or hundreds of threads on a fan site going to do? Blizzard doesn't come here looking for things to 'fix'... they have their own forums for that...
    Bitching just to bitch. You know how this works.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    You should boycott... you should start immediately... start today, dont delay.
    And since this forum is unsympathetic to your cause, OP, you should also boycott this website indefinitely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    It's called a deadline and you can blame Craptivision for it. o.o
    o.0.. But yeah for sure lmao. That certain Blizzard polish has been long gone. So sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    People without much experience in programming and development don't really know how bugs work, or why they occur. The common refrain is usually "was this even tested," and the answer to that is that yes, it was tested exhaustively, but 'testing' isn't equivalent to real-world usage and never can be. Having a team of QA staff fire off auctions at the system can't accurately model what happens when millions of users using an infinite number of transaction contexts rapid-fire auctions at the system all at once. At some point the process a bug was uncovered with the system that mails results, a bug that couldn't be modeled for or tested because it's a result of the system's integration with the preexisting environment.

Same as the bugs in 8.3, really. You can certainly criticize the developers for faulty programming, but faulty programming will *always* be a factor in the systems in use because no one is inerrant when it comes to coding, and sometimes new code can trigger bugs in existing code no one had any clue to even check for in the first place.
    This sums it up pretty well. And above all this, those programmers are humans. They make mistakes like all of us.

Programming isn't easy and anyone who thinks it is has never tried or has never worked on big projects. With a code base as huge as that of WoW, having a few bugs on the launch of a patch is pretty good. Back then they would have to shutdown the servers for several hours to fix game breaking bugs.

Is an AH bug game breaking? No.
    Is it inconvenient for the players? Yes.
    Will it be fixed? Yes.
    Will players loose their gold? No.

Those programmers are good and they deserve more than threads like this.

Seriously, people just bitch about anything. And to save face OP has to start implying some kinda minor conspiracy. anyone suspicious? should be an easy fix. bla bla bla.

Go outside more. You'll be happier and this sorta trivial stuff won't even show up on your radar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    And since this forum is unsympathetic to your cause, OP, you should also boycott this website indefinitely.
    I can not disagree with you.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

What's there to talk about? They said it's being worked on nearly right away and told everyone that nothing is lost and will arrive in a few days time when it's fixed.

They've said they'll fix it and we'll all get our stuff, just a bit delayed, hardly matters to me. I care a lot more about 8.3 causing my game to crash every few minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.