Poll: Rate: World of Warcraft: BATTLE FOR AZEROTH

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 37
... LastLast

BFA is done. Time for your official review

Everything that is of big content [minus LFR/Mythic] has been released. What did you think of the expansion?

Story:
    Not much to say here because I'd be sitting here just saying negatives and no positives so I'll just sum it up. Ever since the Teldrassil cinematic the story has spiraled downwards and spiraled quicker downwards as more content was released. The ending of this expansion is honestly worse than WoD and things done in the story make it the worst expansion story which I thought would take a lot of dishonorable effort in mistakes to make but these were intentional changes and work into the story with hard work and motivation according to Blizzard employees. You all should be ashamed of yourself.

PvE:
    A lot of classes feel clunky. Some overpowered and some underpowered. All new systems introduced to correct mistakes such as essences and corruption make the game feel so alt unfriendly that there is no motivation to get to max level unless you want that alt to be your main

PvP:
    Not much to say about a beaten corpse.

Summary: Battle for Azeroth is the worst expansion ever released for WoW. I am thinking about canceling my subscription and I feel great that I HAVEN'T preordered Shadowlands and most likely won't ever.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Worst fucking expansion ever put out. Everything about it was shit except for art and music
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

My Review: Solid Raids with Solid bosses (ALL OF WHICH HAVE SHITTY STORIES!), a kinda good leveling quest line, a worthless Faction War, PVP is literally non-existent, and yady yady yada...

2.5/10.

BfA started out extremely messy with poorly defined and described story hooks, poor implementation of the Azerite system and lacking content.

Every major patch significantly improved on the lacking content issue, as well as added new gameplay features that helped the Azerite system/BfA unique gameplay as a whole feel better. However, the story continued down very questionable paths and ultimately became... nothing. The War Campaign ending was a gigantic flop and now N'zoth has come and gone without anything significant.

My tldr:
    BfA now has a lot of things to do, a lot of things to collect and made some pretty cool changes like allied races, but the story felt even less substantial than TBC's and that's really saying something. I enjoy the class gameplay in both PvE and PvP with multiple specs feeling engaging enough for me to call home, I main switched 4 times this expansion which is more than usual.

I'm at a loss as to how the story ended up this way, I get the sense BfA was meant to be two expansions (War expansion --> Old God expansion following the same story trends as we go deeper into the war, but at some point was decided to be condensed into one expanson. Pure conjecture do not quote me on that)

Edit:
    I'm a little bit hopeful that Mythic redeems this somehow. The final phase on mythic reads
    "As N'Zoth the Corruptor's tentacles tighten on the Chamber of Heart, Magni and MOTHER begin unleashing the fury of the Forge of Origination to put an end to the Corruptor's plans.

Or, so they hope."

It'd be a fun idea if Normal/Heroic/LFR are considered part of the visions N'zoth puts upon us while Mythic has the true story, but we'll see.
    Last edited by Zimpoli; 2020-01-21 at 10:53 PM.

The results of this survey are extremely predictable. Ask the same again in two years. Everything will change. Exactly like WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    The results of this survey are extremely predictable. Ask the same again in two years. Everything will change. Exactly like WoD.
    WoD is still considered shit so not sure what you mean?
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Everyone still thinks WoD sucked. Leveling was praised back then, and it still is now, but the rest has always been seen as crap.

ITT: review by heelsvbabyface comment section

It's not really good, but it's not as bad as people make it. So... Mediocre I guess.

As a pvper - worst expansion to date.

At least WOD had decent PVP (pvp gear, pvp vendors, etc.)

The art/music was good. The anniversary event was enjoyable too.

I never thought I'd say this, but that N'Zoth ending was so fucking bad I have to put it at least on par with WoD. Garbage. Trash.

If you need to create an entirely new progression system mid expansion and shelve the current one, you fucked up.

It's not very good. Dare I even say it, it's bad.

But not as bad as WoD.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2020-01-21 at 10:54 PM.

WoD or Cata could come close, but at least they had ambitious ideas, a somewhat consistent story that mattered, pretty fun content, and despite WoD lacking content, it at least felt consistent and polished. BfA had boring classes and a complete mess of a story which focused too much on specific characters and their feelings, barely giving any focus to how anything affected the world as a whole.

BfA was the worst expansion. Lots of content, barely any good content, even though I could be tricked into thinking I was having fun because of the visuals.

The actual ending to the expansion made the decision even easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Why yes, Blizz sure is a bunch of happy fellas!

3+ Year Old Account
    I liked the Zandalar storyline, Azerite abilities are kind of interesting, but they're more like passive Talents to me. Raids are ok, Dazar'alor was great except the fact that Rastakhan had to die in it (he was pretty much alive for a patch and a half). Burning of Teldrassil sucked and the story started getting worse from there on. On a positive note, the art/music are good, and the story re-introduced interesting characters like Bwonsamdi.

It's a 3.5/10 for me I guess ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Probably the second-worst content package blizzard put out for this game. Absolutely terrible writing, class design and systems tinkering.

Story telling was good. Story itself though needs work.

After Legion, many classes feel stale with the removal of theit artifact weapon and the numerous passives on it.
    Blizzard admitted that they focused to much on spec rather than class. Right now, lots of handholding.

Some M+ affixes are still a major pain in some dungeons, causing people to refuse running a key because a certain affix makes the m+ gruesome.

PvP is just a mess and Warmode is nothing but ganking and survival of the mass. It doesn't feel like war at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    It had its faults but, I wouldn’t say it was worse than WoD. I’d say mediocre at best.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by 123youshowme View Post
    ITT: review by heelsvbabyface comment section
    nah

Heelvsbabyface praises 20 bucks emotes on the ff14 store but shit talks mounts on the wow store.