Poll: Were you disappointed with the cinematic?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Way too many misunderstand that these are small clips/leaks of a bigger picture/sequence and for this reason not on the frontpage. This is exactly why they encode them in the first place - what's more interesting is why aren't these? Perhaps because on their own:
    they provide zero insight and spoil nothing at all, merely portraying what everyone expects to happen in the first place.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    These titan structures have been around for years n years, it's not something new, we have never had a reason to dare bring them online before...one doesn't want to trigger a global suicide-bomb by mistake...
    I know this, you have changed the subject now, I know the lore very well. But that doesn't change the fact WE killed an old god. and from here on out we'll be hailed the hero (god), not the machine. The machine was just the weapon we used. No one is gonna hail the machine a hero lol. I mean it'll be an interesting development for sure :P

I'm not prepurchasing shadowlands after this cinematic. fuck you activision and fuck you bli$$ard [their corporate people, not the art team ex. music] for making such a shitty cinematic
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

It is the complete and utter lack of character, depth, and feeling to this "story" that really hurts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surely this isn't all of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    From humble adventurer in Vanilla WoW
    Hero by the end of WotLK
    Commander by WoD
    Champion of Azeroth by BFA

Now to just plain godhood by the end of BfA. It's good to see progression, but its gonna be hard to follow godhood by the end of Shadowlands lool.
    My headcanon was that the first wave of adventurers weren't revived at the end of ICC (or died in the Cataclysm), then the remains of the Cataclysm wave died at the Broken Shore (or were corrupted by the Legion), and the third wave are due for their deaths soon, having leaned on powerful artefacts like a crutch, to the point where they can't fight without them.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Player Character Kamehameha final!

Isn't it great that for once, the expansion ended with the PC dealing the finishing blow rather than lore figure? I for one liked the ending cinematic!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait so how does Wrathion end up with Xal'atath? Didn't Nathanos have it last for some secret mission in Nazjatar?

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I'm not prepurchasing shadowlands after this cinematic. fuck you activision and fuck you bli$$ard [their corporate people, not the art team ex. music] for making such a shitty cinematic
    Explain to me how the higher ups are responsible for this cinematic?

Just like Deathwing...

15+ Year Old Account
    both those cinematics were pretty weak. I hoped wrathion would be a bigger dragon and can someone say grom/arya v3.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Wait so how does Wrathion end up with Xal'atath? Didn't Nathanos have it last for some secret mission in Nazjatar?
    Nathanos gave it to Azshara because of some kind of deal organised via Ashvane between Az and Sylvanas who apparently had it on her person during her boss fight at the end of Eternal Palace where she gets spirited away. After you beat the person torturing her she gives it up to Wrathion before being allowed to just walk/portal out.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Compare this to the Legion end cinematic of Sargeras literally stabbing the planet.

LOL. Fucking awful.

Biggest MMO on the market. Literal billions of dollars. "Biggest WoW team ever".

Where are the defenders at?
    And people take great exception when I dare insinuate that 8.3 isn't very.. involved and high-effort and that most of the attention moved on to Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The dude's pretty competent up until the raid, then he fucks up twice in quick succession, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I know he has to for the sake of the plot since the stakes are too high, but it's still a shame since I was pleasantly surprised with the pre-quests, and especially the fact that he actually just attacks the base outright instead of dicking around, things like reprogramming the forge and so forth.
    You're right. It's just disappointing and anticlimactic all around.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Even Y'Shaarj wasn't truly dead, dead in terms of his being ripped out of the world by Aman'thul - his heart and sentience survived, speaking both to us (through Xal'atoh) and apparently to Garrosh as well. We can't even be sure if that essence is gone now, as it may have survived within Garrosh and passed on to AU Draenor somehow to some degree. I also don't think any of the Old Gods are really gone, not in the way we typically think of it. They've been defeated, but some aspect of them persists - be it in the Void or only slumbering like dormant virus within Azeroth itself. I don't think we've seen the last of any of them, to be honest.
    We had blue post saying that w ekille dthem and mor ethen once bcs shit like this come sup again and again, let it go, they´re dead and that´s it.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The dude's pretty competent up until the raid, then he fucks up twice in quick succession, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I know he has to for the sake of the plot since the stakes are too high, but it's still a shame since I was pleasantly surprised with the pre-quests, and especially the fact that he actually just attacks the base outright instead of dicking around, things like reprogramming the forge and so forth.
    You're right. It's just disappointing and anticlimactic all around.

After seeing how boring Shadowlands looks and how much they've butchered the lore for it then seeing THIS? Blizzard officially doesn't give a fuck anymore and I really don't see WoW lasting that much longer past SL.

if this is the entire cinematic, the word disappointing doesn't even start to describe how sad the grand finale is

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    After seeing how boring Shadowlands looks and how much they've butchered the lore for it then seeing THIS? Blizzard officially doesn't give a fuck anymore and I really don't see WoW lasting that much longer past SL.
    Maintenance mode.

Shadowlands will be more BfA. WQs, Raids, Mythic+, Emissaries.

Oh and a low development cost endlessly repeatable tower that will last the whole expansion.

Probably one of the worst cinematic's Blizzard has ever done. Absolutely amateurish and childish.....that stupid ass anime dragonball Z beam.....really? Is this WoW now?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Explain to me how the higher ups are responsible for this cinematic?
    Well, they assign budgets and deadlines. This one was very obviously rushed if you compare it with Legion's ending.