Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    I already have to sim every single piece of gear. So... just because corruption has to be simmed... doesn't actually change anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, they made item level even more trash. That's brilliant. Maybe corrupted should have been a gem slot. And imagine if we could add slots to gear. Sort of like a ... crafting system. Blizzard, plz.
    I find it hilarious how Blizzard continuously says they want ilvl to matter, then make a system like this. I enjoy min/maxing my gear and typically don't mind using lower ilvl gear with better stats, but it feels awful to have to go with a blue 415 over an epic 445.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bohoo i dont have bis corruption in week one, time to make a thread about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    You have called it "Shit" and "Crap"... but you haven't gone in to why you feel that way. Why is this new system bad. What is wrong with it? What aren't the devs learning?
    They wanted to make gear less RNG, but corruption is more RNG than warforge/titanforge. They want ilvl to matter, but I have 415 blue bracers better than 445 epic bracers due to corruption.

They keep doing the opposite of what they seemingly intend to do with gear. They haven't learned how to actually do what they want, and it's pathetically simple to achieve their goals.

Go back to MoP warforge, where it's just a simple +6, which makes it a nice bonus but nothing huge. Remove sockets as a tertiary. In order to make ilvl matter more they need to make base stats matter more by making classes less reliant on specific stats, as a BM hunter crit is worth about 50% more than any other stat, including Agility, because my entire class is built around it, which is why 415 bracers are better than 445 bracers, said 415 bracers give me 4% more crit, I'd probably need 470+ bracers with high crit to replace these (outside of another pair with the same corruption). The problem with this, however, is more boring stats. They either need to lean into what they want to do (Make ilvl matter), or stop saying they want to do it.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2020-01-24 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Bohoo i dont have bis corruption in week one, time to make a thread about it.
    you won't have bis in week 40. That's the issue here. nice try tho

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I find it hilarious how Blizzard continuously says they want ilvl to matter, then make a system like this. I enjoy min/maxing my gear and typically don't mind using lower ilvl gear with better stats, but it feels awful to have to go with a blue 415 over an epic 445.
    I would like to see a simulation that says a blue 415 is better then an epic 445.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    this is one of the worst shit I've seen in this game, literally removing a bad system to add one even worst, stupid devs will never learn.
    Not everything is intended on being an upgrade system. It fits in pretty well with the entire theme of the content..

I love TF, WF and now Corrupted. I enjoy the random upgrades and bonuses that can occur.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I would like to see a simulation that says a blue 415 is better then an epic 445.
    Don't need to simulate. Said bracers are 4% more crit over said 445 bracers, and I'm a BM hunter, a spec that's basically built around crit to function at all.

You do know that in next expansion you BiS wont matter at all, so why are people so obsessed with having BiS gear, if your guild really need BiS in every slot to defeat bosses, you have bigger problem then the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Explanation of what? The responder dismissed the OP as a child because that person didnt like even more rng added to the game. If you act like a self entitled asshat, expect to be treated like one.
    this is one of the worst shit I've seen in this game, literally removing a bad system to add one even worst, stupid devs will never learn.
    You ask me why I find these sentences worthy an explanation?
    Okay. WHY is this the worst shit OP has seen? WHY is the new system bad? WHY was the old system bad? Has OP made an effort to wager the new vs the old system? What made the old system better than the new one? Is calling the devs "stupid" a valid criticism or just an insult because OP is mindlessly ranting? And no "rng" is not an explanation.

OP's behavior is compared to that of a crying child. Which is fair, if you know children. Their complaints are often unreflected, unconstructive and most of the time generalizing, sometimes even insulting. Exactly was OP does.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2020-01-24 at 07:58 PM.

Tier 3 echoing void says hi. I don't have it on a 415 piece but if I did it would still be used, unless you think a 445 without it is going to do 30% of my dps LOL.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Don't need to simulate. Said bracers are 4% more crit over said 445 bracers, and I'm a BM hunter, a spec that's basically built around crit to function at all.
    But that has nothing to do with corruption or item level. It has everything to do with stats useful for your spec. The same 415 blue item would still be better with a 445 if forging was still a thing. Yet you are using it as a reason to bash corruption. Funny.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

i donno i think corruption is a bit more fun then just forging.
    Its not amazing but having a risk reward system is nice you can sorta mix and match the amount of corruption your class can handle.
    On a given boss and if you rock semi high corruption like 45+ it can spice up otherwise boring fights and world content and you also look totally badass while doing so.

its still a bit too RNG heavy which i don't like but due to get game play impact i like it more then the old wf/tf that inflated the ilvl to high hell along with randomly just giving you more stats because reasons.

I do worry about how fucked the balancing is granted its a bit better now but the fact that they still cant figure out how to not make 1-2 things waaay stronger then the rest.
    Has me worried about shadow lands and the covenant system lets say the Fairy Boys are infinity starts while Angel, Vampire, Undead boys are the rest.
    It would severely suck cause i would pretty much be forced to go Fairy Boys even tho i don't like there cosmetics at all.
    And would much rather go vampire boys cause i love that art style but there power gain is trash compared to the fairy boys.
    Last edited by RaZz0r; 2020-01-24 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    So - removing a mandatory system with an optional system.

If you don't like it - don't use it.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    I already have to sim every single piece of gear. So... just because corruption has to be simmed... doesn't actually change anything.
    "I've been eating shit for over a year now so it doesn't matter if they add piss to the mix"
    lmao

Corrupted gear is pretty simple. Higher dps as long as you never take damage.

If you ever take damage, even from unavoidable AoEs, get ready to get fucked.

yeah me too, i think the corrupted gear is REALLY too much

at this point , i just can't wait for shadowland for "hopefully" a reset of all the shit bfa gived us
    i just hope a shadowland with normal stuff and NORMAL RNG stuff too..
    blizzard want to bad to change everything but they make it worst

10+ Year Old Account
    But that has nothing to do with corruption or item level. It has everything to do with stats useful for your spec. The same 415 blue item would still be better with a 445 if forging was still a thing. Yet you are using it as a reason to bash corruption. Funny.
    The blue bracers have the corruption passive that increases crit rating from all sources. Without it, they wouldn't be better than my 445, which don't have crit on them by the way.

So, without corruption, 445 are better. With corruption, 415 are better. Almost every spec as far as I'm aware relies on specific stats, so it's kind of a moot point.

- - - Updated - - -

Corruption can not roll on blue items. Hell I don't even think a 415 item can be corrupted. It is too low.
    Give me like, 3 minutes.

Here you go. https://imgur.com/PM6pBLB

Edited, had wrong link.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2020-01-24 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Let me guess.

You are unaware that you can remove the corruption effect and that certain things give you better resist to it?
    he probably got leech corruption and is mad because its not infinite stars XD

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    You do know that in next expansion you BiS wont matter at all, so why are people so obsessed with having BiS gear, if your guild really need BiS in every slot to defeat bosses, you have bigger problem then the gear.
    yeah, unless you hm, mythic raid on this patch, having bis is stupid with shadowland coming soon