Thread: Greater pyro

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Greater pyro

Who's the retarded dev that thought it would be a balanced spell in pvp ? that's why the pvp is in such a crappy state, the dev's don't even know how to balance their game.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's great for a ambush but if you're going head to head and you get hit by it then that is all on you, if you get ambushed then you can risk it and fight or run away

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    It's great for a ambush but if you're going head to head and you get hit by it then that is all on you, if you get ambushed then you can risk it and fight or run away
    Play some BG's any good fire mage will be millions of damage clear of anyone else, its easy to cast greater pyros when someone is stunned.

Or have you tried killing a healer+tank defending a node? takes forever but if you have a fire mage freecasting while the tank/healer is CC'd he just melts them it's completely broken what you're suggesting is it's perfectly balanced because every player should be able to interrupt every greater pyro, which is just not true. Also think about, it completely counters tanks no ability in the game is scary like greater pyro just hitting for 250k, while the other 3 dps hitting on you are critting for 15-20k lol.

Its one of the worst abilties to be put in the game. The fact that you can blink and continue cast it is reetarded. I tried it a bit on my mage which i barely play its super effective and easy for one shots. Sheep someone cast Greater Pyro and Start casting the next one you will be able to finish the second cast before the first one connects and breaks the sheep so its basically a free 70% hp steal from the enemy and then a few instant spell and EZ GG.

As i do main a Warrior i usually am able to reflect the second one but i can't stop any casts as my kick is melee and the Mage just blinks and continue his cast if i Charge him(thanks for removing chargestun for no reason btw), Hits 2x harder than a Chaos Bolt and Chaos you must stand still and cast so its fairly easy to stop. Guess i should be thankful for my 13k Executes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Play some BG's any good fire mage will be millions of damage clear of anyone else, its easy to cast greater pyros when someone is stunned.

Or have you tried killing a healer+tank defending a node? takes forever but if you have a fire mage freecasting while the tank/healer is CC'd he just melts them it's completely broken what you're suggesting is it's perfectly balanced because every player should be able to interrupt every greater pyro, which is just not true. Also think about, it completely counters tanks no ability in the game is scary like greater pyro just hitting for 250k, while the other 3 dps hitting on you are critting for 15-20k lol.
    I never said it was perfectly balanced...but you kinda need everything perfect and be built around the Mage in order for it to be used like that. You're not going to pug and just destroy with it unless the players you're fighting are just completely unaware and let the Mage freely cast it.

I never said it was perfectly balanced...but you kinda need everything perfect and be built around the Mage in order for it to be used like that. You're not going to pug and just destroy with it unless the players you're fighting are just completely unaware and let the Mage freely cast it.
    What? You just sheep and then cast its literally the most easy thing ever.

Greater Pyro isn't an issue by itself, the real issue is that it's one of the only spells to actually deal sensible damage. It wouldn't be a real deal if the game wasn't as slow and as "rock / paper / scissors" as it is now. The real issue with GP is that it's % based which is effectively retarded.

I never said it was perfectly balanced...
    Balanced ? it's actually really FAAAR from being balanced.

This is the 2nd or 3rd thread complaining about this spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

last time i checked bgs and it was some months ago, i have to admit, i saw mages always in the top3, usally top1 in kills and dmg done. Especially big bgs like AV.

Bgs are kinda dead, due to no real reward playing them, conquest comes by easily by just playing the game or pvp isles, and honor gives no real reward without pvp vendors.

But still i have to giggle a bit, when i see a thread about DH or Rogues beeing op in pvp. They might be op in mythic+ and thats it. I mean in the case of the rogue vs mage we can easily break it down to what the current situation is.

In arenas they are equally valuable as they are working usually together as a comp.

You say its easy to kick a pyro? here is that long ass kidney.

bgs: Complete dominace of the mage, because dispels are not coordinated on him, always on top of dmg and kills and this is what most people care about, while doing their objectives, they are in for the epeen - might have something to do, that bgs gives no real rewards.

duels: arcane beats basicly any melee spec, provided the mage know his shit, there are some good videos over at dalaran's YT side under arena conditions, i would say they are about as equal all things considered, like arenas.

So what left, mages still dominate big bgs and rogues do not, they are useful in taking back towers and mines, but thats not really dominating the charts, its quite the boring gameplay that not many care about, while sometimes its more important than some kills achieved by a pyro spamming mage.

another one unreleated to pvp, but still speaking for the class, with the removal of portals in the game, mages did not get exactly less attractive.

all in all probably the best pure dd spec to play in bfa.

Mages merely just pale in comparission to the top dogs, druids and any class with a valuable heal spec.

I dare to say it: mage is fine, and other pure dds needs more buffs, like affliction lock, sub/outlaw rogue, and merely all hunter specs, i know survival is good, but could be stronger, i think they should be feared more, like in the golden era of TBC and Wotlk.

When i see a hunter randomly in warmode or bgs, i only feel pity for them and i play like 4-5 different classes.

The arena gameplay around this one spell is beyond stupid. Spam CC until you can get one through, at best two, then it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post
    Greater Pyro isn't an issue by itself, the real issue is that it's one of the only spells to actually deal sensible damage. It wouldn't be a real deal if the game wasn't as slow and as "rock / paper / scissors" as it is now. The real issue with GP is that it's % based which is effectively retarded.
    It sure feels retarded to get hit like a truck by a pyro who is % based, but some selfheals are % based, too, is this really the issue?

Or its rather an issue that tanks and op healer are still a thing in pvp? I am glad there is stuff like chaos bolt and greater pyro.

make healers like they were in TBC and Wotlk and we can discuss removing chaos bolt and pyro, but then fireball and incinerate need their dmg upped at least by 500%, they literally deal no dmg.

% based techniques are blatantly retarded be it healing or damage

I don't know why anyone bothers to take this spell, why would you want to facetank a steamrolling dps? One guy is sheeped, sure, but then another steps in and smashes your face while you're too busy tunnel visioning your sheeped target.
    "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen."

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    This is the 2nd or 3rd thread complaining about this spell.
    justified, this spell is one of the dumbest thing that happened to pvp lately.

Greater Pyro needs to be removed from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by KitchenHeat View Post
    I don't know why anyone bothers to take this spell, why would you want to facetank a steamrolling dps? One guy is sheeped, sure, but then another steps in and smashes your face while you're too busy tunnel visioning your sheeped target.
    Ask all the mages with a better arena rating than you and more damage in every BG than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the only spell that deals any reliable damage for firemage outside combustion, but since you are just whining: get dunked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    make healers like they were in TBC and Wotlk and we can discuss removing chaos bolt and pyro, but then fireball and incinerate need their dmg upped at least by 500%, they literally deal no dmg.
    Honestly, just bring back shatter and 5 second stun back then we can talk about greater pyro being removed. But threads like these will still pop up, because this thread is not about ability, but about being killed by a freecasting mage on a bg
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    justified, this spell is one of the dumbest thing that happened to pvp lately.
    Just post in one of the original threads about it.

35% is too much.. it should be inline with hunters SNIPER SHOT at 20%max hp

nerf it to 20% max hp and we can call that balance