Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Nah, casters have the massive advantage of being at range, which makes it much easir to dodge alot of spells, and allows you to right out ignore a ton of them.
    That's not an advantage in visions. Dodging is time spent doing 0 damage as a caster, which means you can't do big pulls or you'll spend more time dodging than DPSing. Non-casters can dodge and DPS at the same time. Being/staying at range also costs time/movement vs just staying in melee.
    The only good caster spec is Balance, and that's entirely thanks to stealth.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Doing whatever is needed for the cloak for the first run, and the rest just exploring and learning. Just unlocked the bonus sanity from elites so next run should be a lot better.
    Managed to do medium area + hard area + boss without trying

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    That's not an advantage in visions. Dodging is time spent doing 0 damage as a caster, which means you can't do big pulls or you'll spend more time dodging than DPSing. Non-casters can dodge and DPS at the same time. Being/staying at range also costs time/movement vs just staying in melee.
    The only good caster spec is Balance, and that's entirely thanks to stealth.
    sounds like you are just bad at the game.
    its very easy for me to kill mobs before they can even make their way to me. and again you have to dodge far less as range, then as melee.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    but failing a boss in a raid gives you nothing
    failing a vision gives you mementos for research that you will use to make next visions easier
    so if you cleared all the trash, or even bonus objectives and rather than kill the thrall wait for geting pulled out or die on purpose you would get a crapload of mementos for free, you would fill whole research tree in single day and then you could clear whole vision on your very first single run...

it would be like failing a boss and getting one tier lower gear, or buff or whatever, something that makes killing it easier...
    That's why in my original post I said they should make it so you have to kill Thrall/Alleria to be successful.

Basically to "win" and get any rewards you would use up an item. Absolutely shouldn't be able to farm it forever.

But you aren't penalized with needing to farm just to try and do new things in the vision, or risking your item in a pug.

sounds like you are just bad at the game.
    its very easy for me to kill mobs before they can even make their way to me. and again you have to dodge far less as range, then as melee.
    I definitely am, but I'm still not sure how you're managing to:
    A) Stay at range
    B) Do full DPS
    C) Pull big

All at once as ranged, which is pretty much required to get anywhere in visions. Pets don't really do a great job tanking either(outside of treants/earth ele, both of which have CDs). Even doing full DPS requires being mostly stationary, meaning you lose time or DPS between pulls from that.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2020-01-30 at 03:01 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

7+ Year Old Account
    I definitely am, but I'm still not sure how you're managing to:
    A) Stay at range
    B) Do full DPS
    C) Pull big

All at once as ranged, which is pretty much required to get anywhere in visions. Pets don't really do a great job tanking either(outside of treants/earth ele, both of which have CDs).
    A) pull small groups, quickly melt them down, and move to the next, purifation protocal works pretty good here.
    B) be good at the game, pair that with choosing talents, azerite traits, and essences that are good for these. like again purifcation protcal
    C) you dont need to pull big, you just need to get it done in time.

The fire jump affix thing was SO. FREAKING. ANNOYING

It appears that the way to go for solo shitters like me is, upgrade the cloak af as you can by only killing the boss at the end and then do the optional areas once maxed?
    Last edited by Garretdejiko; 2020-01-30 at 03:04 PM.

A) pull small groups, quickly melt them down, and move to the next, purifation protocal works pretty good here.
    B) be good at the game, pair that with choosing talents, azerite traits, and essences that are good for these. like again purifcation protcal
    Pulling big is how you get done in time.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    The fire jump affix thing was SO. FREAKING. ANNOYING

It appears that the way to go for solo shitters like me is, upgrade the cloak af as you can by only killing the boss at the end and then do the optional areas once maxed?
    thats not how it works.
    up until a certin rank, you get it upgraded by just killing the first boss.
    but once the cape reaches a certin level you need to start doing the optional areas.
    then when it hits another rank you need to do EVEN MORE optional areas.
    so on so forth.

so your deal is basically do as few zones as you need

https://www.wowhead.com/guides/obtai...ng-stats-procs
    there ya go. a guide for ya.

- - - Updated - - -

Pulling big is how you get done in time.
    Killing small groups fast is also how you get it done in time.

Killing small groups fast is also how you get it done in time.
    Pulling small is slower, so you do fewer/easier areas as a caster than an equally geared and skilled melee could.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    So you are not going to answer, got it, guess you are not "destroying" anything.
    I've maxed out my cloak upgrades for each respective week and have 5 extra Vessels remaining. I have completed 2 corrupted areas with 600 remaining sanity (440/Frost) without using any Sanity or other HF food.

I am killing the bosses and the mobs with extreme ease. As a Frost mage I can kill some of the bosses with 2 Glacial Spikes. One-shotting all mobs below 400k HP (basically all of them if you don't have any masks on). Only the Tentacle is a bit annoying because it disappears before I can cast a GS but with Focusing Iris I can kill it fast enough.

I've only failed 2 runs so far - one due to a game crash and one due to not knowing that one of the bosses can knock me back (and thus interrupt my cast. I wasn't able to GS him and leave combat for orb fast enough). Those were my 2nd and 3rd runs respectively.

I will get the 200 sanity per Elite trait tonight and attempt a full clear.

Does that answer your question?

I've got my cloak to Rank 8 so far (highest for this week). I find the visions themselves are very meh and there is no reason to run them outside of the cloak upgrading process. I haven't tried anything more than corrupted + 1 lost area. I currently have 4 vessels going into next week. Time to stockpile because I want to get to cloak 15 so I can stop doing visions lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    I found them boring and frustrating, and I will not be doing them until I have completely outgeared it, and will only do them specifically for cape upgrade. Why? Because I main a monk healer. I have one set of gear, I have dogshit DPS weapons, cause the game refuses to give me new ones, no dps traits, no good dps essences, no good corruption effects, most of which aren't that great for a healer anyway, because the corruption system 100% favors DPS >> Tanks >>> Healers.

Other than N'zoth and Nyalotha, this end patch has been very disappointing.
    Dps doesn't benefit more from corruption. You will also do more damage if you get Infinite Stars, for instance. Benefits.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Love the idea. Hate how unbalanced they seem. Some classes have a breeze with them while others struggle. Add to that how some of the "affixes" are utter BS. The fire under your feet one that knocks you around is not a good mechanic and I have no idea why they thought it would be good. It's not even hard just annoying.

Hard to find good PuGs for them but I can see them being a blast with a full guild group or group of friends. I am only rank 6 on my cape still since I haven't been running them as much as I should but a friend and I went in and did a bonus objective for Stormwind last week and it was fun. Planning to gear a bit more and then dive into more of them since I am approaching my cap for vessels.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pulling small is slower, so you do fewer/easier areas as a caster than an equally geared and skilled melee could.
    nah, i just dont think you know how to maths.
    my chaos bolts can 1-2 shot most mobs in there, atleast the basic, so in the time a melee can gather, group, and aoe, i can do about the same with single target with less issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    Love the idea. Hate how unbalanced they seem. Some classes have a breeze with them while others struggle. Add to that how some of the "affixes" are utter BS. The fire under your feet one that knocks you around is not a good mechanic and I have no idea why they thought it would be good. It's not even hard just annoying.

Hard to find good PuGs for them but I can see them being a blast with a full guild group or group of friends. I am only rank 6 on my cape still since I haven't been running them as much as I should but a friend and I went in and did a bonus objective for Stormwind last week and it was fun. Planning to gear a bit more and then dive into more of them since I am approaching my cap for vessels.
    idk if you know...
    but negitive affixes are not supposed to be good for you...

also get your guild to go with you. you just said with a friend it was fun.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Visions terribly punishing for healer specs, some tanks and all ranged DPS specs except BM hunters. If Torghast will be designed that way, Blizzard better prepare for massive subs loss.

nah, i just dont think you know how to maths.
    my chaos bolts can 1-2 shot most mobs in there, atleast the basic, so in the time a melee can gather, group, and aoe, i can do about the same with single target with less issue.
    You realize they can do damage while grouping the mobs too, yeah? Melees have much higher DPS uptime than casters(and generally better burst AoE). I know you're a lock 1trick, but claiming casters are as good as melees or better for visions is delusional.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I love you, thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    still, cape hardstuck lvl 2. XD

Looks like someone is slow as fuck doing visions, pulling 1 group at a time and thinking he's doing fine, while melee can pull a lot and just laugh at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    I've maxed out my cloak upgrades for each respective week and have 5 extra Vessels remaining. I have completed 2 corrupted areas with 600 remaining sanity (440/Frost) without using any Sanity or other HF food.

I am killing the bosses and the mobs with extreme ease. As a Frost mage I can kill some of the bosses with 2 Glacial Spikes. One-shotting all mobs below 400k HP (basically all of them if you don't have any masks on). Only the Tentacle is a bit annoying because it disappears before I can cast a GS but with Focusing Iris I can kill it fast enough.

I've only failed 2 runs so far - one due to a game crash and one due to not knowing that one of the bosses can knock me back (and thus interrupt my cast. I wasn't able to GS him and leave combat for orb fast enough). Those were my 2nd and 3rd runs respectively.

I will get the 200 sanity per Elite trait tonight and attempt a full clear.

Does that answer your question?
    Finally.

I knew it, you are not destroying anything. Doing 2 corrupted areas is easy as fuck. Also anyone can easily upgrade their cloak by just doing the bare minimum, that's not hard at all.

I was clearing lost areas on my rogue with cloak rank 2.