Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    still, cape hardstuck lvl 2. XD
    just go straight to thrall/alleria, you dont need to do any bonus areas until upgrading 5 to 6. then lost areas at 11 to 12.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Looks like someone is slow as fuck doing visions, pulling 1 group at a time and thinking he's doing fine, while melee can pull a lot and just laugh at you.
    IDk man, i 5 chested this week pretty fine.
    and ive got 5 more vessels i can do this week, plus any other i get this week from dailies.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    On my shadowpriest I can clear most of it despite screwing over my build (spent 4 points in first tier cause I wanted extre damage and extre sanity)
    For the most part this little add on seems to be set up for melee or groups.
    I don’t see me doing much of this solo as a caster as soon as I get lv15 on cloak

They're okay. But heavily class favoured. I play a DH and I litterly facedesk through it. But got difficulties on my mage.

Just a question. I am now at rank 8. And Wrathion seems to only give the quest per week. Can I keep doing the runs to get the quest items, or do they only drop when you have the quest?
    Last edited by Niffo; 2020-01-30 at 03:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    [QUOTE=FelPlague;52061290]just go straight to thrall/alleria, you dont need to do any bonus areas until upgrading 5 to 6. then lost areas at 11 to 12.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah even that did not work. i failed 80% of my keys, because i used my main for first try. In Stormwind i got hit by allerias mechanic, which cause me to lose every sanity left. But it was my own fault. I overpulled every damn vision and i did not learn from it.....
    i just stick to m+ i guess XDxxx

I'm in a pretty good place to comment on the current state of visions I think. I'm in a big guild and in a set group for horde side and working on putting together a set group for ally side. Mostly MY groups are the people I run keys with. I can solo 2 bonus zones and the boss on my Blood DKs so while it might take me more runs I could solo all the way to rank 15. But I have friends who for whatever reason can't solo them for crap hence the groups.

Guildmates seem to run the gambit from "easy to solo" to "I need a ton of help" to "I can't be bothered with it". The I can't be bothered by it still want to raid and do keys which is going to really hurt them in a month or so and put them that much farther behind trying to get caught up when they figure out they have to bother with it. The "needs tons of help" people are mostly healers or low dps alts and they can't seem to grasp the networking with others further than "anyone wanna run my Freehold 8 key?". I think there is going to be a lot of "quitting" in a few months from cries of "it's too hard and no one will let me raid/run keys/I get pwned in pvp". None of that will be on Blizzards head because the people chose not to do what was needed to do what they want.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Another fuckin timed content I refuse to do. I have enough stress IRL why would I want more in game. Fuck that shit I only do it for cloak upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    just go straight to thrall/alleria, you dont need to do any bonus areas until upgrading 5 to 6. then lost areas at 11 to 12.

- - - Updated - - -

IDk man, i 5 chested this week pretty fine.
    and ive got 5 more vessels i can do this week, plus any other i get this week from dailies.
    I say pic or it isnt true on that. A few destro locks that I raid with have had trouble this week in Seige in one of the corrupted areas where they lose control of their characters movement and have a few seconds with little casting being done. Not saying it isnt possible if youre crazy over geared or a top end players/raider. Just not seeing many destro turrets getting it done with a 5 chest with slightly above average gear.

Failing my second run burned me I guess. After that I just did the bare minimum to keep my cloak up to date.

Might do some runs for mementos though since I'm currently sitting on 5 vessels and around 16k coalescing visions.

And I agree that Orgrimmar is a lot easier then Stormwind. They are hardly even comparable, although the shit affixes last week may have contributed to that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Yeah Stormwind is a lot harder than Orgrimmar especially for melee, they really need to look at toning it down
    More than likely Blizzard instead will tone Org up.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    That's why in my original post I said they should make it so you have to kill Thrall/Alleria to be successful.

Basically to "win" and get any rewards you would use up an item. Absolutely shouldn't be able to farm it forever.

But you aren't penalized with needing to farm just to try and do new things in the vision, or risking your item in a pug.
    but you dont only get mementos for finishing, but also during run, so your "idea" would either decrease the number of mementos hence make the progress slower, or it would make it possible to farm endlessly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    nah, i just dont think you know how to maths.
    my chaos bolts can 1-2 shot most mobs in there, atleast the basic, so in the time a melee can gather, group, and aoe, i can do about the same with single target with less issue.

- - - Updated - - -

idk if you know...
    but negitive affixes are not supposed to be good for you...

also get your guild to go with you. you just said with a friend it was fun.
    Not what I meant by that. It's just overly punishing for a lot of classes. I get that they are supposed to make it harder but being knocked around can be a nightmare for some classes. I can't tell you how many times I got knocked into another mob because I lost track of when it was going to proc. It basically forced us to just pull everything back into the tunnel between the Canals and Dwarven District which felt like a total cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    but you dont only get mementos for finishing, but also during run, so your "idea" would either decrease the number of mementos hence make the progress slower, or it would make it possible to farm endlessly
    Yes, I feel if you don’t successfully complete you should get nothing from the run.

It’s like a raid wipe. Start over and try again.

Running solo as a Shadowpriest.

Managed to fail my first run because for some reason I thought you needed to clear the first area before you aggro the two guards, or you'll aggro the whole room. Ran out of sanity with Thrall at 20%.

Since then I had six successful runs, and can do two corrupted zones plus the main boss. Cloak at rank 7 but I still need to do this week's upgrade.

I'll try a full clear once I get elite extermination.

I seriously can't be bothered doing Horrific Visions for more than 2-3 weeks, let alone 8-10 months. This is the laziest and most uninspired Patch ending 3 I've seen Blizzard deliver. It's a chore to play it, it's not fun largely because the classes (generally speaking) are either boring to play or not viable in various parts of the end game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    Fury warrior here. First week I wasted 4 entries trying to learn stuff.
    Yesterday I wasted another entry forgetting that adds can stunlock you. *I pulled everything for aoe*>. Died in a stunlock 20secs into it.

While I was cursing, someone said the cloak is capped at rank 8 anyway for now and I am at rank 8 cloak. Hope it is true.
    Yeap, it's capped for now. It was 6 ranks on the first week, and then 1 rank per week after that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    They’re crap as a mage. Utter crap. It’s not even fun, it’s just frustrating constantly being interrupted and knocked around unable to even start a cast wtf.... Add onto that the timer, which creates an artificial feeling of being rushed (horrible, timers ruin everything and are NOT fun gameplay and never have been), and this is easily my least favorite content ever introduced in the game, and possibly any game for that matter. Just plain horrible.
    This. On my warrior I breeze through the damn thing, at least 2 side zones + thrall... But on my mage I struggled just to get Alleria, I haven't even tried orgrimmar on my mage this week

I like Org but can't stand SW. Those tentacles are the worst and I can barely attack Alleria as melee! My earth ele is also useless in SW.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Looks like someone is slow as fuck doing visions, pulling 1 group at a time and thinking he's doing fine, while melee can pull a lot and just laugh at you.

Finally.

I knew it, you are not destroying anything. Doing 2 corrupted areas is easy as fuck. Also anyone can easily upgrade their cloak by just doing the bare minimum, that's not hard at all.

I was clearing lost areas on my rogue with cloak rank 2.
    So you just wanted to flex? And got stung by my choice of the word "destroyed" because you are so much better than it and nobody else is allowed to feel powerful unless they are specifically stronger than you? Now do you want to go back to the post I quoted and see that that person was struggling with even the starting area as a mage? And as a fellow mage I shared with him how the problem isn't in the class as I am handling the parts he is struggling with pretty easily (thus destroying). See? The only pointless thing here is your flex.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hot take, but I think both Orgrimmar and Stormwind are pretty balanced, and are difficult in unique little ways. Stormwind is difficult in a few ways. As far as areas go, Mage Quarter is without a doubt the longest of any of the other areas by a decent margin. Nearly every other area is about similar length when compared, but this one takes a fair bit longer to complete. Mage Quarter however isn't difficult though, nor it's boss difficult. Alleria is more difficult than Thrall, as she has more disruption and annoying mechanics to deal with (especially for melee).

Orgrimmar on the other hand has far more dangerous mobs, mini-bosses and actual bosses. There are more mobs that do that channeled stun thing that you must interrupt in the Orgrimmar scenario, and pretty much everything in the Rexxar area (including Rexxar) is quite possibly the most dangerous area I've encountered in all 10 of the zones combined. Knock backs, zone denials, stun zones, stun traps and just a massive amount of damage (even on tanks), and when you add in the madness effects for the week, these can quite easily chain into one another and basically destroy your run. Orgrimmar is 'faster', but I find it a bit more dangerous. Stormwind takes longer, but nothing (from my perspective) felt super dangerous to deal with. The mini-bosses and bosses themselves are much easier to minimize sanity loss (if any at all) where Orgrimmar is a bit more touch and go.

As far as masks go, it's sort of a waste to use them unless you're absolutely sure that you clear an entire zone. Right now I've done a full clear with two masks active, which netted me like 3700 mementos and finished it with 80% sanity left.

Most of my runs go well, but I ripped two runs the first week as I was trying to figure shit out, and I nuked one during the end of the Stormwind week attempting to get both masks with the -50% sanity mask equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    So you just wanted to flex? And got stung by my choice of the word "destroyed" because you are so much better than it and nobody else is allowed to feel powerful unless they are specifically stronger than you? Now do you want to go back to the post I quoted and see that that person was struggling with even the starting area as a mage? And as a fellow mage I shared with him how the problem isn't in the class as I am handling the parts he is struggling with pretty easily (thus destroying). See? The only pointless thing here is your flex.
    No. I just wanted to call on your "destroying" bullshit, and I did.

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally I'm at Rank 8 and am comfortably doing 3/5 objectives, not ready to push beyond that yet with my ilvl. Especially since I'm capped for the week anyway, so I'm just stocking up on vials. Next week I might try three bonus objectives instead of two and the boss, to see how it feels. Or just farm mailboxes and mementos for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I like Org but can't stand SW. Those tentacles are the worst and I can barely attack Alleria as melee! My earth ele is also useless in SW.
    I also like Orgrimmar a lot more than SW, though it didn't help that last week had the stupid floor is lava debuff which really sucks.

Use the pillars to LOS Alleria and just take her kinda slow, you don't lose much sanity versus her if you don't get hit by her mechanics. Just make sure you go into the fight with a reasonable amount of sanity left.